VF-1 Valkyrie Booster Project 1/72

robokochan

Hi guys.

Just wanted to give you a quick update on what's going on.

I've already begun pouring the molds for the masters, and hopefully that process will be done by friday evening, or Sat morning at the latest (cure time and all), with the first test-shots ready that same evening.

My goal is to get a set of molding masters off to Jesse first thing Monday, so that he can begin making molds & casting. My guess is that whole process will take him at least a week to get started, so I'll be making the first kits over here, just so that we don't have to keep folks waiting too long for their models.

Hopefully, I can start shipping the first kits within 10 days from now.

Cheers,

The winning numbers will be picked by Graham. The day after August 30th I will send Graham the numbers. Only I will know who has what numbers. That will keep it completely fair. But as soon as he posts them or PM's me the winners everyone will know.

BTW there are only 4 days left to enter the raffle. :o

Rob

Weird, I actually had a dream last night that involved the booster.

It was a diorama with a missle-silo styled launch rail, with the valk w/booster sitting below ground level, pointed straight up. As a cutaway display that could pretty neat. Can you tell I'm looking forward to this?

John

Hi all.

It's been a while since my last update, so this is a bit overdue.

The molds for the Boosater have all been completed, and aside from a few leaks which have since been repaired, all the test-shots look excellent... The quality will be comparable with what you get on a CLUB M/Work Shop CAST kit, save for a tad more flash.

The masters and molds are currently en-route to Jesse, and if all goes well, he should be pumping out the first few kits next week.

Just as a quick teaser, here are the shots of the instructions for the kit... I'll try to post some pics of the actual castings later this week.

Cheers...

post-3-1093568571_thumb.jpg

Gosh damn that's beautiful!

John, you are a true businessman, and a very talented individual!

Thank you for all you've done.

You mention the timespan between updates like it's been a really long time since we heard from you, and while that isn't the case, it's very refreshing to see a project where the person is really on the ball like you are.

I only wish you were involved in other projects here on MW. ;)

Man this baby looks sweet. I'm expecting (hoping) to get all the materials today or tomorrow and start getting some kits ready asap. Y'all know I tend to not have a lot of time (and this week is no exception...septic goes bad on Monday, burst pipe (result of septic) on Tuesday, arc'ed out water heater on Weds..>ACK! ) But...barring any more rath of the heavens I will be rolling on these as quickly as I can. ;)

Instructions look great! Love the Samurai Monkey! :lol: (nothing tops monkeys for fun in my book) :D

It's really cool to see the results of a dedicated and professional group putting this project together. Thanks Guys.

Rob, I'm sending you a PM about the raffle.

Well...for a quick update...I got the masters....first thought...WOW! the pictures don't do it justice. This baby has so many tiny details, panel lines, rivits,...its so detailed it will look great with the Hasegawa. I had not thought about it till I saw it, but any less detail and it would look wrong next the the mega detail the Hase has...but John has nailed it with this baby! I need to make two molds, which I will start tonight/tomorrow before I can get casting...but...considering the number of parts I need to make I think I will make some extra molds of pieces like the booster rocket. My hope is to spend this week setting up an "assembly" area. Get all the molds (and extras) done so I can pour a single kit very quickly. Ideally I will be ready to start making kits in a week and hopefully get them done fairly quickly. If I start going to slow I will get help. :)

You all are going to love this baby! WOW!

Okay everyone. It is now closed to enter the Raffle. I am going to double check the numbers again and then get the list sent off to Graham. if you have NOT recieved numbers from me please PM me ASAP.

Good Luck to all who entered the Raffle!

Rob

Okay everyone.  It is now closed to enter the Raffle.  I am going to double check the numbers again and then get the list sent off to Graham.  if you have NOT recieved numbers from me please PM me ASAP.

Good Luck to all who entered the Raffle!

Rob

post-25-1093930986.gifpost-25-1093931013.gifpost-25-1093931002.gif

Hello,

Graham has gotten back to me with the winning numbers. I would like to take the time to thank everyone who entered the contest. In my opinion this contest has been very successful, and should be the first of many. I would also like to thank GRAHAM for being so fast in the drawing. And last but not least Shawn for allowing us to hold the contest. Without further waiting......

Grand Prize = 521

First Prize = 415

Second = 454

Third = 219

Edited by Monkey-N

Dammit, I demand a recount! I think we have a problem with hanging chads.

Oh well, congratulations to the winners!

I call dibs on anyone willing to sell their prize. :lol:

I suppose we are all winners, because our raffle money will go towards the purchase of an awesome 1/72 Valkyrie Booster, but I'm still sad. :(

It's a good thing I anticipated not winning and pre-paid for my (2) boosters. ;) Hopefully no one will steal my thunder, but I've already started on (2) Hasegawa 1/72 Strike Valkyries, which will be done in the Max and Millia scheme, and the boosters will be painted to match.

All we need now are the lauch vehicles. :rolleyes:

Edited by ChristopherB