Opinion: Most Annoying Sidekick In Anime

I started this thread as a cousin to the Deaths in Anime thread that has become semi-popular.

They are out there. While adding to the story somewhat, you secretly wish they would die. You know that the story would have been better if they were never in it. Don't lie. Fess up to it. Please list your all-time hated sidekick in anime, or any comic, television, or sci-fi series in general. Get them off of your chest and make it known why some sidekicks should never be allowed to work on their own or with others.

My all time MOST ANNOYING SIDEKICK in all of anime is AZUSA, from Devil Hunter Yohko.

I know there are others that are more annoying, but she rubs me the wrong way. God, I wish Yohko would just get rid of her like a bag of week old garbage.

all of the characters mentioned have nothing on this gay freak, while not anime in general its looks and feel are anime all the way ,Zelda the Windwaker, there is a annoying little freak that helps you along the way called Tingle he has to be the stupidist character ever designed for a game he acts even weirder, this is a character you have to see to understand, and this little prick gets definetly gets my vote for Most Annoying Sidekick .i believe that he appears in some of the other zelda titles as well.

Edited by zeo-mare

C-ko from Project A-Ko

Mihoshi from Tenchi

Edited by Anubis

Some suggestions:

Mint from Mospeada. Shut up. The damn screeching.

Ed from Cowboy Bebop. If I wanted to hear someone mumble and make no sense I could go to a videogame store or Bestbuy lol

Haro from Gundam 0079

Bart and Lynn from Fist of the North Star TV. Especially Lynn. Always whining "Ken!!!!!!!"

and from a Manga series is Puck from Berserk. He's that little annoying fairy that follows Guts around. Always whining and crying.

Anime: Haro (MSG & SEED) and Mint (Mospeada).

American Cartoons: Orco (80's He-Man).

Sci-Fi TV: Tweekie (Buck Rogers)

Sci-Fi Movies: Jar-Jar Binks...undoubtedly the lamest, most annoying bag of puke ever to disgrace a screen.

All characters in M7.

Ed from CB was a total fuktard too.

I am not really a huge anime fan though... Usually if there is an annoying character I just quit watchin.

I started this thread as a cousin to the Deaths in Anime thread that has become semi-popular.

My all time MOST ANNOYING SIDEKICK in all of anime is AZUSA, from Devil Hunter Yohko.

I know there are others that are more annoying, but she rubs me the wrong way. God, I wish Yohko would just get rid of her like a bag of week old garbage.

Damn straight. Even before I read your post I was ready to type "Azusa" or ANY variation of Azusa/Asuza (altho the one in Ranma 1/2 ain't a sidekick) after just seeing this thread's title.

I must also nominate any talking animal sidekicks.

Come to think of it.... I could swear we did this before but we listed simply annoying characters. C-Ko, Azusa, Mihoshi, Mint/Annie, Ed, Chibi-Usa/Rini, and Quess (who didn't celebrate when she died?) all topped the list. Oh, and that perverted old freak from Ranma 1/2.

Edited by Jemstone

Jigen from inuyasha. Shoulda killed him long ago.

Oh yah, and Itachi's Shark guy.

You don't like Jyaken? SOMEONE has to follow Sesshomaru around with a scoop right?

Kisame annoying? I like him. Anyone that can refer to Zabusa as a "kid" while staring down Kakashi is badass in my book. Plus, I dig his shark look... I wanna see what a Hidden Mist member of Akatsuki can do... he didn't really get to show his stuff. Personally I think Itachi and Kisame could have taken out the Leaf Jounins right there... it was just as Itachi said they didn't have time for it.

Itachi is my absolute favorite anime character of all time, no doubt, but Kisame.....ehhh. Give him a sword make out of a shark tooth instead of the scales and i'll call him mega cool. And calling Zabuza a kid.....eh.....Zabuza was the best villain up until Itachi. He just had that cool factor. personally I cant wait for Kisame to show his stuff too, but I'm more interested in Itachi. If the anime didn't have to go on, I wouldn't mind him killing everyone. :ph34r:

And Sesshomaru is a big boy now, he can handle himself.

Edited by VF19

2. Itsuki Takeuchi (Initial D)

Is this the guy that thinks he knows everything and really wants a car in the first series?

I'd vote for this guy if it is. I hate people that talk like they know it all but don't. Ugh. I can stand the whining of other characters but this guy really bugs.