1/72 Club-M & YS Resin Fighter Mode Kits,

Valk009

I was just wondering whether the Club-M & Yellow Submarine joint venture 1/72 scale resin fighter kits of the original Macross series are any good, especially compared with the newer Hase kits?

:)

The Club-M YF-19 is insanely detailed and insanely nice... Nicest kit I have IMO. Compared to the Hase YF-19, it's got way more parts, better detail, metal parts, all kinds of extra's that the Hase does not have. Maybe the only thing that the M-Club needs is better decals? But you can always buy better decals here on MWorld anyways. I think the same opinions can apply for the Club-M YF-21 and VF-11B, but I don't have have those (or any Hase kits to compare too).

Also, M-Club is resin and Hase is plastic... so there are good/bad things to say for both resin and plastic. Also, you have to remember price... I paid way to much for my YF-19 Club-M, but once I seen the kit.... It was worth it compared to other overpriced kits.

:ph34r:

I would agree with Phadeout on the 19. The 21 also has more details, FP's, and the ability to be built with panels open (as does the 19). The VF1 Club M's are nice..but the others are probably less detailed the the Hasegawa's. The Sculpts are similar, but a little different, but nothing comes to mind on the VE, VT, VF1 Super, VF1, or VF1 Strike that I would say you can't live without...they are nice...but the Hase kits compare favorably. (I have always felt the Club M's are a little more fanciful, and the Hasegawa a little more "real"...for what thats worth. )

Oh...and the 19 also has the fold booster...and both the 19 and 21 have tons of munitions.

Darn you Jesse, I didn't know all those details about the Club-M 19 and 21, now I'm gonna have to get them. :angry::lol:

I didn't know that with your expertise on 1/72 models you haven't figured that by now.. :p

They also happen to be some of the hardest models to find ever althought they have been popping out lately on Yahoo Japan. I have the YF-19, 21 and VF-11 and they are outstanding kits...just keep in mind that this might be the only way to get a well done 1/72 scale VF-11 ever...and display them them aside the hasegawas...

Luckily I found them fairly cheap...

So let your hunt begin...you won't be dissapointed once you find them; I can guarantee you that...

I've heard good things about the kits as well.

I've only owned the Strike and Super Ostrich and they were both very nice. I wish I had never sold them, and now I'll have to obtain them again.

I completely agree with Jesse. I've never owned the YF-21 or VF-11, but I know that the YF-19 is very nice.

Darn you Jesse, I didn't know all those details about the Club-M 19 and 21, now I'm gonna have to get them.  :angry:  :lol:

I didn't know that with your expertise on 1/72 models you haven't figured that by now.. :p

They also happen to be some of the hardest models to find ever althought they have been popping out lately on Yahoo Japan. I have the YF-19, 21 and VF-11 and they are outstanding kits...just keep in mind that this might be the only way to get a well done 1/72 scale VF-11 ever...and display them them aside the hasegawas...

Luckily I found them fairly cheap...

So let your hunt begin...you won't be dissapointed once you find them; I can guarantee you that...

Well I knew the 19 had missiles and the pod but not all the openning panels and better detail. I guess since I had the Hasegawa version I never gave them a closer look.

Wow, really nice! Besides the VF-1, the YF-19 is the only other valk I like form all the Macross series.

Really need to consider getting back into building models, anyone got a spare Clum M 19 lying around? :p

Wow, really nice! Besides the VF-1, the YF-19 is the only other valk I like form all the Macross series.

Really need to consider getting back into building models, anyone got a spare Clum M 19 lying around? :p

Monkeynugget has the 19 for sale and you can't go wrong dealing with Rob! :)

• 16 years later...

Not sure if this is the best thread for this question, but here goes the necromancy.

Does anyone have a comparison good top-down between the Club-M and the Hasegawa kits? The reason I ask is that in playing around with the various lineart I discovered that the Hasegawa manual drawings (and presumably the kit) are quite a bit wider than the lineart in the THIS IS ANIMATION SPECIAL Macross Plus and YF-19 Master File books.

Is the Club-M kit narrower than the Hasegawa one and more in-line with the older lineart?

What I mean: Hasegawa lineart overlayed on top of the THIS IS ANIMATION lineart and matching for length, you can see the Hasegawa body sticking out quite a lot outside the old lineart

UeQruat.jpg

I wasn't old enough to be aware of the Club-M kit back in the day, so obviously don't have one on hand. From the observations of people who have built both, apparently the Hasegawa kit is sleeker and more streamlined than the Club-M kit.

And if the Hasegawa kit, the sleeker of the two, is slightly larger in all dimensions than the lineart, then the Club-M kit is probably even more so.