Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

I actually really liked how they did Mu's death. He told her he wouldn't end up like her last boyfriend, had the Strike, was all geared up for a super badass fight, then "bam." That was a great twist.

Also it looks like (not sure) but Freedom might be rebuilt at some point and Kira could be taking the lead again.  I'm not sure, but possibly Kira and Shin are going to be enemies since here they are duking it out......but I throw that around loosely.

A lot of the Freedom looked to be still intact enough to be salvagable, and Kira's girlfriend is Lacus Kline, who would still have some clout left. Be cool to have the Freedom in again.

Be cool for Kira to show up and bail Athrun or Shin out of some trouble.

Edited by Anubis

I SAID IT!

Strike Rouge IWSP

post-26-1097402895_thumb.jpg

murrue, andy, and archangel

post-26-1097402988_thumb.jpg

Not sure why the Justice is in this shot though, they wouldn't have rebuilt it too would they? Wild speculation.

Oh yeah, and Dearka has a Gunner Zaku as well.

Lot of nekkidness in this intro :lol: Shin/Stellar, and Kira/Lacus

post-26-1097403488_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Since there's a destroyed PLANT colony in both the intro and ending, I'm going to wager at least one plant colony is destroyed this time.

Seeing Freedom spar with Impulse definately gets my hopes up, and wonder what the deal will be with that one.

slightly larger pic than posted earlier:

BTW: Gunota has some links to download the op and ed.

post-26-1097404018_thumb.jpg

Strike Rouge IWSP

Let them get to Orb first.

Not sure why the Justice is in this shot though, they wouldn't have rebuilt it too would they? Wild speculation.

The funny thing is, the head of Savior is shaped just like Justice and Aegis. :lol:

Since there's a destroyed PLANT colony in both the intro and ending, I'm going to wager at least one plant colony is destroyed this time.

PLANT drop?

Neo Lorrnoke is Mwu!!!!

Is this for certain or just something people are thinking now based on what happen in episode 1?

I noticed people on Mahq.net were throwing around that idea as well or maybe that he might be a clone(that kinda goes against what is shown in SEED though at the end in my opinion). Then again, you never know.

Neo Lorrnoke is Mwu!!!!

Is this for certain or just something people are thinking now based on what happen in episode 1?

I noticed people on Mahq.net were throwing around that idea as well or maybe that he might be a clone(that kinda goes against what is shown in SEED though at the end in my opinion). Then again, you never know.

Yeah, we've been tossiung the "Neo is a clone on Mwu" theory for a while. Should be plenty of good plot angles as the show goes on.

Andy and Murrue hooking up would be prety cool.

I just hope the real plot picks up quicker in this show than the first one.

Nah, I don't think Neo is a clone of Mwu, for the Gundam SEED Specials, they removed Mwu's floating helmet. Some fans at the Gundam SEED forum think that he escaped the way Kira did when he and Athrun finally let themselves go. And I think Murrue is in this series for a reason...she might be the one that helps Neo/Mwu regain his memory. Neo is on the EA forces...I don't know. One reason I believe Neo is Mwu is that they're both voiced by the same voice actor. ;)

Considering we only have 1 episode, out of a potential 50 episode series, let's just stick to possibilities. Just cuz the 2 characters are voiced by their previous counterpart VAs, doesn't hold as voice actors can be recycled. Just look at Gilbert. He's voiced by Shuuichi Ikeda, the voice of Char Aznable. :)

There probably is a reason for the 2 VAs return to this series and I will toy with the idea that they (Reo and Rey) are clones of Mu and Creuset. If you notice int the intro theme where those 2 are shown, the background is research facility, Now if they are clones (let's entertain this theory), the question becomes, why?

I definitely don't like what I've seen of Stellar so far. Seems too much like a female Heero Yuy.

When Lunamaria opened her mouth, I half expected to hear Flay's voice. Same for Sting, from whom I expected Orga's voice. Damn you, Hisashi "Clone 'Em All" Hirai. Granted, I already knew what these character designs looked like, so it wasn't a surprise or anything. But I didn't expect that it would actually stick out, and it did.

The whole Impulse launch seemed ridiculously drawn out. It might be prudent to come up with a system that doesn't take a half hour to launch the mobile suit (in several different pieces, no less). Granted, all Gundam series kind of make a show of launching the MS out into battle, but it seemed especially pronounced here. It was also kind of strange that everyone just took a break from battle, sat back, and watched as Impulse docked up. In Victory Gundam, enemy pilots actually tried to hit the mobile suit components, sometimes with success. It sure was nice of them to let Shin get all his business in order before they continued the battle.

Also, why was everyone so shocked to see him show up? They already know ZAFT built new Gundams because they're staring at three of them. Is it that amazing that another Gundam, this time with a friendly pilot, would show up and help out Athrun?

I don't want to come into this show determined to dislike it, but I really didn't like SEED much and so I'm already kind of biased against it. If it turns into a genuinely good show, I won't deny it. So far it was just kind of blah, with some minor things that seemed a little stupid. I wasn't a big fan of the music (didn't much like SEED's soundtrack either, particularly in the early episodes) and I think I've already covered my disdain for the character designs. Mecha designs, as always, looked a bit better in animation than they did in lineart, but...I'm still not a fan. Gore doesn't really bother me, but I did think that the death of Shin's family was a little...excessive. It didn't upset me or anything, but it just seemed gratuitous. Most of the violence in SEED felt like that, too, like it was just gory for the sake of being gory.

Overall I guess I'd say the episode was fairly average. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it wasn't as good either. I kind of wish that it wasn't essentially a replay of the first episode of SEED, though. Does anyone in the SEED universe ever get assigned to a Gundam that their own military built? Does everyone really have to steal or commandeer their machine?

The whole Impulse launch seemed ridiculously drawn out. It might be prudent to come up with a system that doesn't take a half hour to launch the mobile suit (in several different pieces, no less). Granted, all Gundam series kind of make a show of launching the MS out into battle, but it seemed especially pronounced here. It was also kind of strange that everyone just took a break from battle, sat back, and watched as Impulse docked up. In Victory Gundam, enemy pilots actually tried to hit the mobile suit components, sometimes with success. It sure was nice of them to let Shin get all his business in order before they continued the battle.

When you think about it, Victory Gundam takes place in the way out future of the UC timeline. By the Axis/AUEG war it wasn't common at all to be seeing a mobile suit split into pieces and suddenly dock...the first impression was Sentai styled warfare....much like it is today....thus when Double Zeta was docking it was a shock and awe of "WHAT IN THE HELL IS IT DOING?!" and later became "QUICK SHOOT THE PIECES!!!"

However, by the time that Victory Gundams timeline rolled in, its apparent that mobile suit docking is very common if not too regular. Even the Zanscar mobile suits are docking enabled much like Victory was....thus they knew "Yeah you gotta get the pieces in order for it not to kick our asses"

Does anyone in the SEED universe ever get assigned to a Gundam that their own military built? Does everyone really have to steal or commandeer their machine?

I'm not sure if you actually paid attention to the episode or not...but Shin is assigned to the Impulse Gundam, he didn't commandeer or steal it....that's what he pilots. But its almost Gundam tradition that the young pilot somehow jump into the mobile suit and begin fighting like he's or she has done it a billion times. Only very few shows for Gundam have ever had the pilot know exactly what they were doing or assigned to the mobile suit....those shows would be 0080, 8th MS Team, and needless to say G-Savior....that's about all I can remember.

But its the first episode out of possibly 50....its gonna be a while before we really see anything happen. Afterall it wasn't until the 27th episode that things REALLY got interesting....might be the same case.

never mind

Edited by Anubis

Impulse launch too way too long and the combining thing seem kinda useless. The only reason I can see why they split into 3 parts is for safely reason. Since there's lot of Gundam Stealing going on,, it would be wise to make it harder for them to steal it, but by spliting it in 3 ? <_<

When Impulse shown up, maybe everyone though it was KIRA, that's why there's a little pause in the fight..

I'm still say it wasn't Kira that kill Shin's family,, more like those living CPUs from the Naturals. Of course after the first eps,, seems like Shin is going to fall in love with one.

Over I enjoyed it, looks like a good start. Impulse do look a little bit better action, just alittle,, still don't like it,, can't wait for Freedom to fix that for me.

Haha.

While on the topic:

Shin celebrates his accidental cop.

post-26-1097526711_thumb.jpg

When you think about it, Victory Gundam takes place in the way out future of the UC timeline. By the Axis/AUEG war it wasn't common at all to be seeing a mobile suit split into pieces and suddenly dock...the first impression was Sentai styled warfare....much like it is today....thus when Double Zeta was docking it was a shock and awe of "WHAT IN THE HELL IS IT DOING?!" and later became "QUICK SHOOT THE PIECES!!!"

However, by the time that Victory Gundams timeline rolled in, its apparent that mobile suit docking is very common if not too regular. Even the Zanscar mobile suits are docking enabled much like Victory was....thus they knew "Yeah you gotta get the pieces in order for it not to kick our asses"

I don't think it really requires prior experience to know that if an enemy mobile suit is trying to dock up, you need to shoot it down. You don't even necessarily need to know what's going on. Fact is, there's an enemy craft over there, so don't sit there and stare. Shoot it.

Does anyone in the SEED universe ever get assigned to a Gundam that their own military built? Does everyone really have to steal or commandeer their machine?

I'm not sure if you actually paid attention to the episode or not...but Shin is assigned to the Impulse Gundam, he didn't commandeer or steal it....that's what he pilots. But its almost Gundam tradition that the young pilot somehow jump into the mobile suit and begin fighting like he's or she has done it a billion times. Only very few shows for Gundam have ever had the pilot know exactly what they were doing or assigned to the mobile suit....those shows would be 0080, 8th MS Team, and needless to say G-Savior....that's about all I can remember.

It was a bit of an exaggeration. Yes, I know Shin is assigned to Impulse. Raww was also assigned to Providence, Cagalli was assigned to Strike Rouge, and the drones were assigned to the trio of fuglies. Compare them to everyone else, though. Strike: Commandeered by Kira; Duel, Buster, Blitz, Aegis: Stolen by Yzak, Dearka, Nicol, Athrun; Freedom: Stolen by Kira; Justice: Assigned to Athrun, who went AWOL with it; and now, Chaos, Gaia, Abyss, stolen by Sting, Stellar, and Auel.

I know that throughout Gundam, there aren't many pilots who were formally assigned to their Gundams. But in SEED, perhaps because there's such a staggering number of Gundams to begin with, the prevalence of theft is a little off-putting.

:ph34r: All ye lil theives take notes, this is how you steal a piece of fine machinary.

Wait till someone gets out, knock them out GET IN AND GO! ......wait wait don't forget to blow something up afterwards too.....for a distraction.

oh just saw a link with a fansub of the first ep.. here

That fansub is *terrible*.

That's AJ level subtitling. Hopefully some group that doesn't totally suck will do it soon.

It wasn't bad but there were a few mistakes that I could make out, mostly with the launch of Impulse.

And unless my ears are hard of hearing:

Time: 18:45

Impluse, standby for takeoff. Pilot to the stern deck.

I heard

"Impulse, standby for takeoff. Pilot to the Core Splendor."

And they called it " Silhouette sniper". Unless I'm wrong, I heard it as " Silhouette flyer". It goes with "Chest flyer" and "Leg flyer". <_<

Ah yes Uke fansubs, I heard that they fansubbed it just lastnight so I imagine after just a few simple days it's pretty rough.

But if you can get the basic information of what's going on who cares. I'll download it tonight, and if its good enough I'll use it for a script on the fandub project....

HOWEVER SADLY! I don't have any of the original music for the series.........so till I can get a OST.....it'll just have to be regular ol SEED music but I can handle that!

Could you tell us what was wrong with it? Mispelled names? Poor gramar? or did it just range in the "Inglish" HK Bootleg behavior?

Some of the more complex dialogue is a mess, HK bootleg level. Things like "...a treaty was made...to achieve peace, equilibrium, and walk on" as dialogue describing the peace process. They got things wrong you could hear being said in English.

It's watchable certainly, but very, very rough. It's fine to get an idea of what's going on but since other groups will be doing this show, I don't see the point in downloading confusing subs when better groups will likely be following with better subs fairly soon anyway.

I hope Haro^2 comes back into action for Destiny. They did pretty good with Seed.

Edit: Spellng

Edited by Anubis