Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Update on CN's SEED airing,

It's still coming off of it's 10:30 slot as mentioned before, but later in October it will air at 1AM Saturday mornings replacing .Hack:/Legend of the Twilight either the 23rd or 30th.

Better timeslot I think, I might be able to watch it occasionally there, I just wonder wether the stupid edits will continue after whatever batch they've already screwed with.

Well technically there wont be maybe as many edits in SFX department....but visuals will remain the same I think. My question is how they'll handle the scenes in the Alaska base battle when Freedom comes to play. Not too mention Nicol getting the beam saber right into him that was pretty graphic.

Edits will be few...but not as ridicules as maybe.....Briliant Neon's colt 45 in Waltfields hand :p God I wish I could have taken a picture of that, it was so stupid, I swear you could hear it chime.

Well technically there wont be maybe as many edits in SFX department....but visuals will remain the same I think. My question is how they'll handle the scenes in the Alaska base battle when Freedom comes to play. Not too mention Nicol getting the beam saber right into him that was pretty graphic.

Edits will be few...but not as ridicules as maybe.....Briliant Neon's colt 45 in Waltfields hand :p God I wish I could have taken a picture of that, it was so stupid, I swear you could hear it chime.

I am so glad I missed that.

Synopsis of Seed Destiny Episode 1:

Aparrently there was a Destiny premiere event a number of people were admitted to.

* The episode starts off with the battle of EA invading Orb in SEED. Shin's family was running to the port for an evacuation ship, it seems that Orb couldn't evacuate everyone before EA commenced their attack. Shin's sister dropped her mobile down the side of the hill, and Shin jumped down for it and it this act that saved Shin's life, as it was then that an explosion, possibly fire from an ongoing barriage between Calamity and Freedom, blew his family to bits. The previous screen shots of Shin on looking at the arm of his sister was actually a detached limb that resulted from the explosion. Shots of his family that basically now looks like a messy pulp were shown (SEED's trademark gore). Shin cries (he cries better than Kira) and shouts, then it cuts in to the opening.

* The opening had many teaser scenes. The more interesting ones were of Issac with a mysterious white MS (it flashed by really quick and I couldn't make it out), naked Shin reaching out to touch naked Stellar's cheek, a somewhat frighted looking Lacus hiding behind Athrun, Shin and Asuran dueling in the Impulse and Saviour, and finally naked Kira about to embrace naked Lacus.

* After the op, the show cuts back to current time (CE73), it was first shown a military base inside a PLANT, with Lunamaria riding in a jeep with Wino (the boy mechanic) going towards some hanger. They nearly got stepped on by a new Ginn variant, and some comments was made about how there are a lot of rookie pilots in the base. Then it shows Gilbert arriving at the ZAFT base, and Ray went to salute him. Then it cuts to the space port, with Cagalli, along with Athrun, making their way to meet Gilbert. Athrun sees the 3 EA pilots and Stellar especially caught his eyes, Stellar noticed that Athrun was staring and she looked away.

* Athrun was talking to Cagalli commenting on her clothes which he thinks is inappropriate for such an important meeting. Cagalli, being Cagalli, ignores his comments, then some small talk goes on about the current political situation. Finally they met Gilbert, and it seems that the purpose of this meeting is to discuss the size of the military of PLANT.

* Cut back to the 3 EA pilots, they are now walking on the street in PLANT. We also see Shin walking on the street carrying stuff. Stellar sees a reflection of herself in front of a shop window and starts staring. Auru (blue hair, Abyss pilot) calls to her but she didn't respone, Sting (blond, Chaos pilot) just tell him to ignore her as this is how she usually behaves and the two walks off. Stellar then breaks into a dance and starts spinning around. It is then Shin came out from an ally and Stellar bumps into Shin. Shin grabbed onto Stellar from behind, and his hands were all over her breasts. Stellar didn't really react until Shin asked if she was ok, recovering, Stellar gave him a death stare than runs off. Shin gets teased by his friend.

* Goes back to Cagalli gang. More talking about military size. Cagalli isn't happy with how PLANT's military is growing and asked Gilbert to stop building up the army.

While they were talking, scenes where shown with the 3 EA pilots being picked up by two ZAFT soldiers in a jeep and drove them into the base.

* Cagalli gang were given a tour to the base, Gilbert was explaining his stance on building up the military, stating that power is needed for protection of his people, and said that out of all people, Cagalli should be well aware of the reasons behind this kind of action. Cut back to the 3 EA pilots, they are now inside a hanger, the ZAFT agents gave them weapons, Stellar was also given a knife, and for the first time Stellar's expression changed from the airy look to a mean look. The 3 pilots then began their raid, Auru showed a lot of fancy shooting, Matrix style, Stellar knifed a few soldiers, and Sting threw some grenades to clear the area, they then took the MS and started them up. The Gundams powers up and Phase-shifts (so they don't have Trans-Shift Armor). One soldier didn't die and he sounded the alarm.

* Back to Cagalli gang, the alarm stopped their conversation and they were quickly evacuated. The 3 EA pilots quickly wreck havoc on the base, and Lunamaria and Ray were shown to be going for their MS but the MS got burried under debris. Cagalli and Athrun were taken to a different place by some ZAFT soldiers but an explosion separate them, and a green Zaku Warrior fell in front of the two. Athrun got Cagalli and they boarded the Zaku Warrior.

* Just when Athrun started up the Zaku Warrior, Stellar in the Gaia Gundam came into view, Stellar shots at the Zaku Warrior, Athrun side steps and rams into Gaia with the ram shield on the shoulder, knocking the beam rifle off. Stellar then realizes that this Zaku pilot is different and pulls out the beam saber. Athrun also pulls a beam axe from behind the ram shield the the two starts dueling.

* Meanwhile, Shin is being shown to be boarding the Core Splender on Minerve and a lengthy scene of the parts of Impulse being catipulted out is played. The Sword Silhouette was launched as well.

* Back to Gaia and Zaku Warrior, Chaos Gundam suddenly comes out from behind and Athrun is surrounded, Athrun tries to turn to face Chaos Gundam but got his hand slices off by the Chaos. Just in time Shin shoots some missiles at Chaos. Then the obligatory combine scene. "You people want to start war again?" says Shin. Then Gilbert was shown looking at a monitor showing the fight and he smiles.... cuts to ending.

* Ending is like the first ending of SEED. Scrolling from left to right showing many characters. Including Andy, Maryuu kneeling on the ground about to pick up Neo's mask, and a very nice picture of Kira and Lacus at the end. No previews where shown for ep2 though.

That's basically the jist of episode 1 as best as I could remember. About the 3 EA pilots being enhanced humans, this was confirmed in the talk section with the seiyuu by Kuwashima Houko (Stellar).

One question I have is from this

The Gundams powers up and Phase-shifts (so they don't have Trans-Shift Armor).

Was there some rumor before about a new Trans-shift Armor? I never heard that rumor before, that's what this seems to be dispelling. Just regular phase shift like usual.

And Gilbert seems to have some plans under the table already.

Maryuu kneeling on the ground about to pick up Neo's mask,

This might speak volumes.

The episode is actually going to air on the 9th.

Edited by Anubis

Was there some rumor before about a new Trans-shift Armor? I never heard that rumor before, that's what this seems to be dispelling. Just regular phase shift like usual.

According to MAHQ, it's listed as Trans-Phase, and it's the second-gen Phase Shift armor, used on Calamity, Raider, and Forbidden. With Trans-Phase, the PS effect only activates at the point of impact, conserving power. It's how the EA crammed so many energy weapons into those three units, and why they're never seen PS down. They're actually painted in those colors.

I suppose ZAFT hasn't stolen that tech yet.

According to MAHQ, it's listed as Trans-Phase, and it's the second-gen Phase Shift armor, used on Calamity, Raider, and Forbidden. With Trans-Phase, the PS effect only activates at the point of impact, conserving power. It's how the EA crammed so many energy weapons into those three units, and why they're never seen PS down. They're actually painted in those colors.

I suppose ZAFT hasn't stolen that tech yet.

Cool, I haven't read that before.

Makes sense actually, since Zaft never had any access to those 3.

If they kept the data from the NJAMMER Canceler who the hell would need Trans-phase really :p but alas, it was taken to the grave with Patrik Zala....however I'm sure Athrun and Kira have the secrets in their heads and that's why somewhere down the second half of the series we'll see probably more kick assed versions of Justice and Freedom :p

but alas, it was taken to the grave with Patrik Zala....

Since the Alliance got their hands on the Cancellers too (the Alliance needed them to use their nuclear missiles), I bet the data's sitting in a high level classified security file at the EA equivailant of the Pentagon.

I can just feel some giant EA mobile armor comming onto the scene later on equipped with an Canceller.

I think at some point during the leadup to Destiny, it was released that N-Jammer Cancellers were banned in the treaty ending the war, probably to keep E-A from getting all nuke happy, and ZAFT from using Genesis Alpha.

But yeah, that bit can't help but be broken.

And Gilbert seems to have some plans under the table already.

Maryuu kneeling on the ground about to pick up Neo's mask,

This might speak volumes.

The episode is actually going to air on the 9th.

Perahaps there was a rumor running around on a Japanese board (perhaps somewhere in the depths of 2ch's boards) but that was the first time I heard someone mentioning trans-phase on those Gundams.

As for Gilbert, if he ain't a ringleader, he a pawn in this game. I'm eager to see how this game of politics turns out.

With regards to Neo's mask, he's connected to Mu and Le Creuset, period. That's the obvious part. What that connection is, has yet to be played out.

As for Gilbert, if he ain't a ringleader, he a pawn in this game. I'm eager to see how this game of politics turns out.

I want to know what happend to Eileen Canaver, she was Siegel's right hand person and most trusted ally. On top of that she did launch that coup, from the looks of SEED's end it looked like she was the one going to be leading post-war PLANT.

Gunota found this through some hobbynet searching.

Looks like Yzak might have his own custom Slash Zaku Phantom, with a beam scythe. Seems to speak a little for the performance of the Zaku Phantoms if he has this over the Duel. I expected him to show up with the Duel at some point personally as well as Buster, since both made it through Seed intact (well, repairable at least in Buster's case).

post-26-1097079133_thumb.jpg

Any news yet? Cause technically Friday here is Saturday there ain't it?

At the time of this posting, it is almost 3:00 PM in Japan. We've got another 3 hours before it airs. Add time to encode and distribute. Most east coast people are going to bed. In my semi-drugged state, I'll be heading to sleep soon, myself. Trust me, by morning, you will find the raws online and ready to download. By the time you wake up in the morning, the raws should be out. Just wake up, look for it on your usual BT site and download and go back to sleep. Don't worry about it. There will be thousands of people downloading it. Be patient.

Looks like Yzak might have his own custom Slash Zaku Phantom, with a beam scythe.  Seems to speak a little for the performance of the Zaku Phantoms if he has this over the Duel.  I expected him to show up with the Duel at some point personally as well as Buster, since both made it through Seed intact (well, repairable at least in Buster's case).

It's his, not a scythe though.

slash1.jpgslash2.jpg

The first episode was good.

Looks like Yzak might have his own custom Slash Zaku Phantom, with a beam scythe.  Seems to speak a little for the performance of the Zaku Phantoms if he has this over the Duel.  I expected him to show up with the Duel at some point personally as well as Buster, since both made it through Seed intact (well, repairable at least in Buster's case).

It's his, not a scythe though.

slash1.jpgslash2.jpg

The first episode was good.

Looks like a beam polearm. Cool.

Hope they'll explain why no more Duel Gundam at least.

http://www.saiyaman.info/bt/ here you go guys, here's a raw episode of DESTINY.

Also if you wanna watch the new Yugi Oh GX series, the first episode is there.

I'm sure a fansub will be available within the next few days to a week.

I've gotta start using Winny again....either that or find a new raw....

Better wait till you finish SEED than Effect, the first few minutes is a prolouge to the ZAFT and Earth Alliance war and about Shin.

My thoughts, that was actually pretty cool episode, and that blonde hair girl really kicks ass for a kid.

However, I was a bit sadden by the beginning....I'll tell you why......

SO SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shin's family was graphically shown as being pretty much blown to bits. Now this is mostly because of Freedom's Practicle cannon attack as it mostly hit the ground at the time. But I personally thought with such an explosion there shouldn't of been ANY remains of his family. But wha do you know, he turns around and there's the chared remains of his sisters small arm and I mean remains, not like her body was covered in rubble.....its a lil piece in the middle of the burnt ground, and what's left of her all over the place along with the smashed and burnt remains of his father and mother it was a bit much....but they relaly do go to extremes.

It was sorta easy to understand what they were all talking about once the show got underway if you watched all 50 episodes, so no problems. Personally I'm going to collect Raw's and Subbed versions and hopefully start making a dub if I get the chance.

The music is decent as well, I was expecting remixed versions from the first series so phew.

Also, damn I love char :p glad the VA is doing Gundam again.

I've seen SEED already. I was saying, I was wondering if I should wait till all of Destiny was out before watching it. That's what I did with SEED, I waited till it was all out before I finally sat down and finished watching all of it.

My thoughts, that was actually pretty cool episode, and that blonde hair girl really kicks ass for a kid.

Most people are labelling Stellar (the blond chick) as the Four Murasame-equivalent from Zeta.

Hummm......it looks like it might not be a good idea if Shin or Kira meet.... :)

Better wait till you finish SEED than Effect, the first few minutes is a prolouge to the ZAFT and Earth Alliance war and about Shin.

However, I was a bit sadden by the beginning....I'll tell you why......

SO SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shin's family was graphically shown as being pretty much blown to bits. Now this is mostly because of Freedom's Practicle cannon attack as it mostly hit the ground at the time. But I personally thought with such an explosion there shouldn't of been ANY remains of his family. But wha do you know, he turns around and there's the chared remains of his sisters small arm and I mean remains, not like her body was covered in rubble.....its a lil piece in the middle of the burnt ground, and what's left of her all over the place along with the smashed and burnt remains of his father and mother it was a bit much....but they relaly do go to extremes.

It was sorta easy to understand what they were all talking about once the show got underway if you watched all 50 episodes, so no problems. Personally I'm going to collect Raw's and Subbed versions and hopefully start making a dub if I get the chance.

The music is decent as well, I was expecting remixed versions from the first series so phew.

Also, damn I love char :p glad the VA is doing Gundam again.

With Kira's l33t haxx0rz m4d coordinator skillz which can unleash a full volley of death but only target MS's at non vital parts so as not to kill the pilot, you'd think that he wouldn't kill innocent bystanders on the ground.......

But that charred remains bit i guess was more of plot device for shock factor for Shin. Haha. If they had vaporised, he will be goin through the whole series hoping they were still alive or something. :lol:

Also it looks like (not sure) but Freedom might be rebuilt at some point and Kira could be taking the lead again. I'm not sure, but possibly Kira and Shin are going to be enemies since here they are duking it out......but I throw that around loosely.

post-26-1097384784.jpg

Doesn't Amuro appear in the opening for Zeta and only has a small role in the actual series? Since SEED was a remake of MSG and looks like Destiny is going to be a remake of Zeta, no reason to think Kira might have a big role I think. Could just be a way of getting people to watch if they liked the character in hopes he might appear if they have no interest in the show or don't like any of the other characters as much.

just watched the raw and wow this seems to be going rather well. Although the whole using Z as a basis is fairly easy to pick out. I.E. both characters witnessing their parents being killed before their own eyes etc.

NOW thats not a bad thing SEED did the same thing and turned out to be pretty decent after the whole desert and whats his face and the space whale bones... (wonder if they'll touch on that in this:P)

Heres hoping for a awesome rest of the series.

Shin's mom wasn't impaled. Although, I don't think it would be a good idea to turn her around to take a look either.

Doesn't Amuro appear in the opening for Zeta and only has a small role in the actual series?

Amuro role was a supporting cast, but he was another Newtype "voice" or mentor to Kamille (that is, when Kamille was on Earth).

Well, where as Amuro had a much smaller role in Zeta, I'm expecting the same for Kira, however, since Kira was indirectly responsible for the death of Shin's family.... I'll revert to my original statement:

it looks like it might not be a good idea if Shin or Kira meet.... :)

Kira may have to teach Shin a thing or two...

Now, can we actually get a decent Mu/Creuset fight this time around? I mean between Rey Za Burrel and Neo Roanoke. I don't want to see another MA vs. MS/MS vs. wrongly-equipped MS/over-powered MS vs. MS-fight. I want these 2 to be evenly matched this time around.

I hope as well. I was disappointed when Mwu fought against Cruz. If they both have been in mobile suits or Gundams of equal power that could have been the best fight of the series but it was such a let down. Mwu was my favorite character(beside Flay, Lacus and Andy) of the series so I guess I'm a little biased here.

Edited by Effect