Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

YES!

First more Zaku lovin', nopw more Gouf lovin'.

New Goufs can only be a good thing.

New Goufs can only be a good thing.

Unless they bring back the Rick Dom or any other old Zeon mech. Then that would be too much....but that's for Bandai's marketing people to decide.

I love that these old classics are getting a facelift and a new lease on life through Destiny.

Hopefully this means getting a nice MSiA Destiny Gouf to go alongside the little Zaku army I'm going to have going when those are released.

I will say I'm not happy that the primary cast did not appear AT ALL in ep. 14. At least give them a cameo like they did in ep. 13. The next episode preview didn't show them either. <_< Other than that, great episode. I like the Orb captain at the end, who just let them go. "They said be cautious." :lol:

Edited by Anubis

Hmm.....although I like the Zakus in Destiny, I do not like that new Gauf, but then again, it could just be Okawara's art that makes it look bad. It will probably look much better in the anime. Mind you I have never really liked Gaufs, except for the Gauf Custom in 08MST.

I for one hope that we do not get Doms or Gelgoogs in Destiny. I've never liked them.

Graham

It definitely seems like Destiny is going for a more of an ensemble cast approach, rather than focasing on a single main character. I think I kind of like this.

I do wish Lunamaria Hawke would get more screen time though.

Graham

Will Bandai released the MSiA for the Murasame ? :huh:

I just surf this site when I notice this: :phttp://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Flats/8218/machines/

M.S. Mobile Suit (Mobile Space Utility Instruments Tactical)

M.A. Mobile Armour (Mobile All Range Maneuverability Offence Utility

Reinforcement)

Murasame? do you mean Marasai? if so then yes they are going to release a MSIA it is coming out very soon.

chris

Hmm, now I'm all amped up about seeing a new Rick Dom & Gelgoog.....hopefully there won't be a Zeong....

There already is a Gelgoog, the GuAIz. It fills the same role as the Gelgoog did, and resembles it in a few ways. Honestly, I'd of prefered the 'Gouf' of been a rebuilt Zaku, ala' the ez8 compared to a standard RX-79[G]. While I'd /love/ more Doms too, that'd be going a bit far..

Providence was our Zeong. It looks like we're getting a Psycho Gundam this time around.

It definitely seems like Destiny is going for a more of an ensemble cast approach, rather than focasing on a single main character. I think I kind of like this.

I do wish Lunamaria Hawke would get more screen time though.

Graham

I agree that an ensemble cast is a very good thing, but they didn't even show the Minerva in ep. 14.

I know they'll be there in 15, but it felt odd not to see the main ship at all.

Archangel's take-off was quite sweet though.

Seed Destiny still doesn't have POS mobile armor in the class of the Zeong.. that turd is posibly the worst design ever after the zakurello... please don't invoke such crap!! Hopefully Seed Destiny will be free of abominations like that, however with Okawara being such a mediocre designer I guess there's the posibility of it, the Zeong look-alike from Gundam X was not that bad though... here it is: MAN-002 Febral

post-26-1106099972.jpg

Edited by macplus

Given we already had the Providence I doubt there will be a MS like the Zeong.

New funnel equipped mobile suits yes, so expect more like the Providence, maybe a Quebly-ish or Nu-Gundam-ish design. Providence had a LOT of funnels. 40-odd beam nozzles total (each funnel had several, plus the shield's 2 nozzles + beam saber, and beam rifle).

Whatever the next newtype suit is will have to be at least on that level. Either that or a Mobile armor with a crapload of gunbarrels, and shields like the Zassamar had.

Edited by Anubis

I just noticed the "Official" and the "And Others" tagline added to the thread title.

NO WAY.

Does that mean ALL Gundam stuff is supposed to go here? I hope not, because we filled all these pages with just Destiny stuff. Occasional slight deviation, but always goes right back to Destiny.

We have to keep the separate GFF/MSia, and HG/MG threads as well. It's too much to sift through if it's all in one thread. WAY too much to sift through.

The transformers thread is a already difficult enough as the mushed cluster it is now, a one-shot Gundam thread would be ridiculous.

I hope the new title implies Official Seed Destiny show and destiny related toys, etc. stuff. :unsure:

I just noticed the "Official" and the "And Others" tagline added to the thread title.

NO WAY.

Does that mean ALL Gundam stuff is supposed to go here? I hope not, because we filled all these pages with just Destiny stuff. Occasional slight deviation, but always goes right back to Destiny.

We have to keep the separate GFF/MSia, and HG/MG threads as well. It's too much to sift through if it's all in one thread. WAY too much to sift through.

The transformers thread is a already difficult enough as the mushed cluster it is now, a one-shot Gundam thread would be ridiculous.

I hope the new title implies Official Seed Destiny show and destiny related toys, etc. stuff. :unsure:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this massing all the Gundam stuff in here. It's hard enough to keep a steady flow of understandable dialogue about the Gundam Seed Destiny anime without already having to sift through all the discussions about toys, and now this?

NO WAY.

Yep, lets keep this thread about Destiny anime/toys/models only please.

No discussing that skirt wearing sissy Zeong!

Graham

Yeah, can we just keep this GSD-related. You can throw in a few remarks on other Gundam-series but it's hard enough to follow with another conversation on another Gundam series.

oh yeah...A-One's fansubs for SEED Destiny are out

I don't think we need the announcements. Most of the fansubs are coming out the day after it airs. Just stick to, "I've watched it". It's easier.

I agree that an ensemble cast is a very good thing, but they didn't even show the Minerva in ep. 14.

What they need to do is stick with the central characters. Ensemble casts are a bad thing. Too many characters can cause problems, especially if certain characters have more popularity than others. They should keep Archangel in the background for a while and flesh out Shinn and those around him.

GSD should have it's own Psycho Gundam and it would be okay for a Rick Dom or a Geloog, but beyond that would be too much. The rest can be left to the MSV, where they can load up on variations.

Oh, and the character's name is is now translated as "Haine Westenfluss", which is much better play on Takanori Nishikawa's name.

NO WAY.

Does that mean ALL Gundam stuff is supposed to go here?  I hope not, because we filled all these pages with just Destiny stuff.  Occasional slight deviation, but always goes right back to Destiny.

We have to keep the separate GFF/MSia, and HG/MG threads as well.  It's too much to sift through if it's all in one thread.  WAY too much to sift through.

Yep, lets keep this thread about Destiny anime/toys/models only please.

No discussing that skirt wearing sissy Zeong!

Graham

That implies that it's okay for someone to start an official Zeong only thread... anyone interested? :lol:

I have pruned the non-Destiny replies and amended the thread title.

Graham

Thank you, I almost had a heart attack. :lol:

Anyway, the intro isn't bad. The ending music seems too somber for this early in the show. I still miss the original op/ed music.

Edited by Anubis

I have pruned the non-Destiny replies and amended the thread title.

Graham

Thank you, I almost had a heart attack. :lol:

Anyway, the intro isn't bad. The ending music seems too somber for this early in the show. I still miss the original op/ed music.

I bet it'll grow on you like most of the gundam seed songs anyway. :lol:

Man...Cagali pulls a Runaway Bride except with a Gundam, not a horse. XD

What they need to do is stick with the central characters. Ensemble casts are a bad thing. Too many characters can cause problems, especially if certain characters have more popularity than others. They should keep Archangel in the background for a while and flesh out Shinn and those around him. 

Only one thing flashed in my mind with an assemble of cast....

Half of them will be dead halfway through the series........start picking your fav character by then :lol:

WTF?!  :angry: I thought that new mobile suit that is a Zeta rip off was gonna be some kick ass Gundam but its just a stupid new aged cannon fodder for Orb! GAH!

That's what people thought about mass produced Zaku's too.

One of them belongs to Andy, so it's guaranteed to get some 'hero unit' treatment.

WTF?! :angry: I thought that new mobile suit that is a Zeta rip off was gonna be some kick ass Gundam but its just a stupid new aged cannon fodder for Orb! GAH!

But in Waldfeld's hands his gold one will be badass.

But in Waldfeld's hands his gold one will be badass.

(it's Waltfeld btw...)

But yes, the "Desert Tiger" is piloting the gold Murasame. Besides him dying a hero's death...what can go wrong? He already lost 1 arm....and an eye....

I don't know, there is NO MORE Gundam merchandise anywhere over here. Bandai/CN (especially CN with Seed's air times) really screwed the pooch when it came to marketing gundam in the US. The last of it went on clearance already in the few places that had anymore (mostly G Gundam leftovers). Never saw much Seed merchandise either. An Arch Enemy Aile Strike Gundam is news to me.