Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Just watched Episode 12 - WOW!

We FINALLY get some MS action after 3 episodes of talking! And man, does it ever rock! Shinn goes SEED mode and takes out a friggin fleet! I got chills when I saw Sword Impulse using its anti-ship sabers against the EU fleet, taking out ship after ship!

I'm so looking forward to seeing this episode. Can't wait to see Sword Impulse take out those ships.

Graham

Just watched Episode 12 - WOW!

We FINALLY get some MS action after 3 episodes of talking!  And man, does it ever rock!  Shinn goes SEED mode and takes out a friggin fleet!  I got chills when I saw Sword Impulse using its anti-ship sabers against the EU fleet, taking out ship after ship!

I'm so looking forward to seeing this episode. Can't wait to see Sword Impulse take out those ships.

Graham

It was beautiful. Especially everyone's expressions as they watch his rampage.

That's totally a Katoki drawing! Looks very nice. It's funny though - usually Kunio's mechs are the ones which look a bit more rounded and plump than Katoki's, but here it's the other way around. This Impulse has thunder-thighs :lol:

the zamzazzar looks like something Zeon/Zaft would design, and not the EA, being green and crab-like and all.

That positron reflector that it uses is a hack.....can anyone say I-field ? Is it the same thing that Hyperion uses?

Shinn being a berserker kinda ruined him as a character imho....but who knows. Berserker powers seem to be reserved for the young and angsty bishounen in Seed.

Angst gives you berserk powers. :lol:

I can't believe I'm saying this but for some reason my interest in Destiny has started to drain. Between the constant focus on Zaft(never cared for them at all would love to see more scenes with the EA and BC actually winning instead of ending up Zaft's wiping boy) and the extreme speed things are moving at(at first I liked it but its moving to fast now that I look back on it) its starting to become less interesting to be honest. Maybe its the lack of character development for the new characters since everything is focused on Athrun for the most part or maybe the whole SEED mode is completely annoying. That and the coord situation never rubed me the right way, don't really agree with genitic enhancement like that. I miss the days when Gundam was about oldtypes fighting newtypes (or mixed groups on both sides) or just normal peopel fighting normal people or people using technology to get better as pilots(Exam system and the Zero system). Other shows tend to allow you to see where the story was going but held enough back. With Destiny it seems they are trying to hard to make things seem mysterious but at the same time leaving things open like that tends to make things frustrating since you can see where things are going. Maybe its just my feeling and no one feels that something is wrong with Destiny. Or maybe I just shouldn't have tried to think back on the series as it stands now as a whole and should have just kept looking forward.

Are there anymore spoilers out yet? Any world when the EA will finally step up to the plate and take the fight to Zaft without having their butt handed to them at the end of the fighting, making the whole thing worthless?

I mean when the EA sent the nukes at Planet, the nukes were stopped but the one fleet was destoryed. It seems now that EA has the Zaft forces pinned but Shinn goes SEED and destorys them all. It was like that in Gundam SEED I believe. The EA would gain a little ground only to have Kira and crew come in and stop it or Athrun and crew or Zaft pull something out of their ass to stop it. Its a little annoying for the most part. I want to see a solid victory for the EA and Shinn and crew realize that they are in for some serious trouble, not be concerned and then end up winning in the end or doing some major damage.

the zamzazzar looks like something Zeon/Zaft would design, and not the EA, being green and crab-like and all.

The Forbidden Gundam from SEED was green and Zeonish in its design as well and was in the EA's possession. Although, wasn't it stolen from Zaft? I see where you are coming from. It's like they are just throwing in references to UC universe mecha anywhere they can and don't really care about if it fits with the design tendencies of the group they put them with.

Between the constant focus on Zaft(never cared for them at all would love to see more scenes with the EA and BC actually winning instead of ending up Zaft's wiping boy)

Just like Nazi Germany, The Earth Alliance and Blue Cosmos don't deserve to win since their reasons for war against the PLANTs and Zaft is based solely on hatred and distrust of Coordinators.

I wonder if they plan on bringing back Sai to see where he's at now. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him seeing as how he got the raw end of the deal with Fllay and Kira

I don't know, I think in the end, Sai actually got the better end of the deal! I always saw Fllay as a very petty and selfish person. I fealt that Sai deserved a much better person the Fllay.

Between the constant focus on Zaft(never cared for them at all would love to see more scenes with the EA and BC actually winning instead of ending up Zaft's wiping boy)

Just like Nazi Germany, The Earth Alliance and Blue Cosmos don't deserve to win since their reasons for war against the PLANTs and Zaft is based solely on hatred and distrust of Coordinators.

They still need a solid victory to show that they can actually do somthing besides explode. Like Effect said, the good guys need to know that they're against an enemy that has the abilty to beat them. Right now its been pretty one-sided, and if it stays like this there won't be very much tension. You'll just know that Shinn will make them all blow up, and thatll be that. All that aside, ep 12 was crazy awesome.

Edited by Shmitty

Planet and Zaft are no different from the EA and BC when it comes to this. They don't trust the naturals and most likely even look down on them cause they feel they better then them. They hate the naturals just as much. While the EA did start the last war, it was actually Coords that started this one. Also the Coords had to have done something to start the hatred they are getting from the Naturals. I don't believe that the Coordinators were simply inoccent at all from the very beginning, before the first war.

They still need a solid victory to show that they can actually do somthing besides explode. Like Effect said, the good guys need to know that they're against an enemy that has the abilty to beat them. Right now its been pretty one-sided.

Exactly. While I don't believe that ZAFT are the good guys here, their leader just screams "bad guy" to me just as the BC's leader screams "bad guy". I don't think there will be a good or bad side in this war. Just like I didn't think there was a clear good and bad side since both sides seemed to twisted, then there were those in the middle for all purposes if this had been a real setting would have been destoryed by both sides ganging up on them that end up being the preachy type which is annoying.

Zaft and Planet need to know they are in some serious trouble. The major reason why they were doing so well in the first war was because they stopped the Naturals from using nuke power. Now that they have that back things should be drasticly different evne though Zaft has better weapons as well. EA and BC should be coming out with some insane weapons and tactics, not having fleets being beaten back by one mobile suit or one ship with a few of them. That's just sad I feel. I always had a feeling that the Earth Alliance Forces should fight better in gravity then they do in space and Zaft the other way around, causing them to have to do interesting things to win battles in the other situation. EA using Nukes and fighting at long distances while in space and Zaft trying to use something else while in space.

I'd like to see the EA take back the lands they lost on Earth during the first war since Zaft might still have control over a few areas. They are in a position to take on mulitple fronts now I think since they can use nukes again and that means they can step up their production greatly, or they should be able to.

Things are way to one sided now, I agree and that's really my main complaint about Destiny so far. It wouldn't be so bad if it was one sided with such likeable group of charactes but Destiny's Minerva crew aren't as likeable or close to the crew of the first Seed series (Mwu and crew), that and I never cared for Athrun at and it seems to be his show now it seems.

Edited by Effect

It's still early in show, and I'm sure things will balance out as the show progresses. Remember, things looked pretty one-sided at the beginning of SEED as well.

Planet and Zaft are no different from the EA and BC when it comes to this. They don't trust the naturals and most likely even look down on them cause they feel they better then them. They hate the naturals just as much.

It's only natutral that PLANT and Zaft would wind up hating the Naturals after having one of their civilian colonies nuked by the EA. At the moment, the Naturals' hatred of the Coordinators seems quite a bit less justified than the Coordinators' hatred of the Naturals.

While the EA did start the last war, it was actually Coords that started this one.

It was an independent faction of Coordinators, not them as a whole, that forced Junius 7 out of the bebris belt in an attempt to drop it on Earth. Seems a bit extreme to me that all the Coordinators should be held responsible for what a single faction of them did. Especially considering that it was other Coordinators that tried to stop Junius 7 from falling. PLANT was even offering aid to the EA for the damage that the fragments of Junius 7. I wouldn't even be surprised if Blue Cosmos or some faction within the EA was actually behind the plan by using captured Zaft mobile suits and having its pilots claim they were supporters of Patrick Zala's ideals.

Also the Coords had to have done something to start the hatred they are getting from the Naturals. I don't believe that the Coordinators were simply inoccent at all from the very beginning, before the first war.

Possible, but not necessarily. I don't remember any of the countries in WWII provoking Germany into invading them. In SEED it was pretty evident that most of the Coordinators murdered by Naturals were guilty of only being Coordinators. Even the first ever Coordinator, George Glenn was assassinated by a Natural. At the moment it seems that the hatred of Coordinators seems to stem from the fact that they deviate from natural evoltion.

Edited by Beltane70

Although I've only seen up to ep # 8, so far I'm absolutely loving Destiny, I found SEED to be pretty so-so, but Destiny really hits all the right spots fo me. I'm really enjoying the pacing and they really keep ratcheting up the tension level IMO.

Based on what I've seen so far, this is probably going to turn out to be my favorite Gundam TV series, with V-Gundam second.

Graham

Ack, fix your quotes.

At the moment, the Naturals' hatred of the Coordinators seems quite a bit less justified than the Coordinators' hatred of the Naturals.

What, dropping a PLANT on the world is not justifiable? Massive death toll and damage across the world ain't good enough?

It was an independent faction of Coordinators, not them as a whole, that forced Junius 7 out of the bebris belt in an attempt to drop it on Earth. Seems a bit extreme to me that all the Coordinators should be held responsible for what a single faction of them did.

Look at our own world after the terrorists attacks. People blamed entire cultures instead of just the groups. People are more easily influenced than you think.

Ack, fix your quotes.
At the moment, the Naturals' hatred of the Coordinators seems quite a bit less justified than the Coordinators' hatred of the Naturals.

What, dropping a PLANT on the world is not justifiable? Massive death toll and damage across the world ain't good enough?

Graham.. if you're comfortable using BitTorrent, AONE has fansubs up to episode 12 now. http://a.scarywater.net/aone/

As note, regarding what I quoted. It was a small portion of a plant. The part of Junius Seven that fell appeared to merely be the 'cap' of one end, with part of the interior tower superstructure attached. And half of that didn't even hit the atmosphere, but was broken off with the 'Meteor Buster' explosive devices.

The director/writer/SOMEONE in charge of story development for SEED Destiny mentioned wanting to incorporate current events into the story, so you're on the right track in regard to the 'The 9/11 attack fueled hatered for an entire race' train of thought in relation to the events of Junius Seven's fall. The people of Earth don't see "Oh, some renegade group of Coordinators dropped that big hunk of destroyed space colony (that we nuked into such a state) on us!", they see "'dem coords dropped something on us!"

Part of me wonders, and the series doesn't really indicate one way or the other... did the Earth Federation government(s) surpress the information on ZAFT's efforts to minimize the damage, including Minerva's risky attack on it with the main cannon?

Edited by DarkPhoenix

Ack, fix your quotes.

Graham.. if you're comfortable using BitTorrent, AONE has fansubs up to episode 12 now. http://a.scarywater.net/aone/

As note, regarding what I quoted. It was a small portion of a plant. The part of Junius Seven that fell appeared to merely be the 'cap' of one end, with part of the interior tower superstructure attached. And half of that didn't even hit the atmosphere, but was broken off with the 'Meteor Buster' explosive devices.

The director/writer/SOMEONE in charge of story development for SEED Destiny mentioned wanting to incorporate current events into the story, so you're on the right track in regard to the 'The 9/11 attack fueled hatered for an entire race' train of thought in relation to the events of Junius Seven's fall. The people of Earth don't see "Oh, some renegade group of Coordinators dropped that big hunk of destroyed space colony (that we nuked into such a state) on us!", they see "'dem coords dropped something on us!"

Part of me wonders, and the series doesn't really indicate one way or the other... did the Earth Federation government(s) surpress the information on ZAFT's efforts to minimize the damage, including Minerva's risky attack on it with the main cannon?

Athrun and Shinn said it best. It didn't matter that the Minerva tried to stop the tragedy, and prevented one big impact, but the fact remains that the fragments still fell, and the damage was enough for an outcry against PLANT.

Where the EA/BC showed that they were really asses though was when they decided to use it as an opportunity to murder EVERYONE at PLANT. Those nukes would have destroyed plant completely, annahilating every person there. The coordinators have plenty to be pissed about right now.

Athrun and Shinn said it best. It didn't matter that the Minerva tried to stop the tragedy, and prevented one big impact, but the fact remains that the fragments still fell, and the damage was enough for an outcry against PLANT.

Where the EA/BC showed that they were really asses though was when they decided to use it as an opportunity to murder EVERYONE at PLANT. Those nukes would have destroyed plant completely, annahilating every person there. The coordinators have plenty to be pissed about right now.

Good points. It was definitely a bad move on the EA/BC's part, as it pretty much showed the PLANTs from the get-go that no punches would be pulled. Hence, PLANT now has reason to attack the EA.. Or as the chairman put it, 'engage in agressive self-defense'.

Good points. It was definitely a bad move on the EA/BC's part, as it pretty much showed the PLANTs from the get-go that no punches would be pulled. Hence, PLANT now has reason to attack the EA.. Or as the chairman put it, 'engage in agressive self-defense'.

The goal right now is to push the forces that are surrounding the Gibriltar and Carpentaria bases away. That's what the drops were for. At present they're not planning to chase them any more than that.

Of course we all know it won't be that easy. I expect at least one base to be nuked or lost.

True Plant has every reason to fight back now, just like they had reason to fight back before but see it as the responses tend to be off. The EA attacked one of the Plants to start the first war. Zaft responded by basicly attacking the entire planet with its jammers, bringing all countries to their knees in a way and into the fight if they weren't in it before. Now this was a way to stop the nukes but they basicly took the war to everyone. Causing pretty much all of Earth minus Orb to respond in kind with massive hatred. Its the same thing here yet reversed it seems. A small part of Zaft drops Junis 7, but instead of simply doing damage to one area(if it had dropped as a complete object woudl damage have been to one area or destoryed the planet itself?), it ends up being broken to hits targets all over the world. EA responses in an equal fashion, granted Blue Cosmos took advantage of the situation.

What I can' t help but think about is the massive build up that Plant/Zaft was going through. 5 Gundams, the Zakus, new Warships, the weapon that attacks nuclear powered equipment. It seems that Zaft would have attacked Earth in full force even if EA/BC hadn't attacked.

So which side is in the right here. I wonder how the citizens of Plant would have responded if Zaft basicly invaded Earth for no reason. Did Plant/Zaft even let its people know a small Zaft faction actually caused the drop and that was the reason why the EA responded the way they did? I don't remember if they showed that on the news broadcast but they showed the nuke attack several times.

Edited by Effect

Is planet another word for PLANT or am i missing something here? :huh:

OT: Is O.M.N.I the official name for the EA?

planet would be a typo.

OMNI is the name for the EA's actual miltary force.

The goal right now is to push the forces that are surrounding the Gibriltar and Carpentaria bases away. That's what the drops were for. At present they're not planning to chase them any more than that.

From the way things are, both sides are trying to reinforce ground. The EA won't move in for a direct assualt on ZAFT's bases but at the same time, won't allow reinforcements to come. ZAFT will do all it can to reinforce their bases and hold the line with as much force as necessary. Both sides are at a tug-o-war point. Until we see one side move against the other, each side will just be holding the line.

OT: Is O.M.N.I the official name for the EA?

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/ba...d/glossary.html

The HK vol.3 DVD of Destiny was released about a week ago. It contains episodes # 9-12.

The English subtiltes for episodes 9-10 are excellent (as they were on the first 2 DVDs). However, for episodes # 11-12, the subtitles take a sharp turn for the worse, with quite a few errors in sentence structure, grammar and frequent name changes, e.g. Shin becomes Zhen! This is quite annoying as the subs for eps # 1-10 were so good, I'm pretty sure that the bootleggers were actually using proper fansubs.

One good thing about the vol.3 DVD though is that it retains all the cool Japanese Gunpla, manga and console game TV advertisments, which were not included on the vol.1-2 discs. It's nice to see a cute Japanese woman jumping up and down and getting all excited about the 1/60 Force Impulse Gundam kit. If only it were so easy to get women turned on in real life by Gunpla :p .

Not a bad DVD for HK$40 (US$5.13), especially with the fantastic action of Episode # 12. It was so nice to see what Shin is really capable of.

Graham

Check this out an SD Murasame (Orb`s transforming fighter) figure, you`ll find it in the middle of the page, well at least it color is decent an like the other Gundams.

http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/sdfcstage56.jpg

i am not sure if i am looking at the right one, looks alittle like a revamped Astray

Check this out an SD Murasame (Orb`s transforming fighter) figure, you`ll find it in the middle of the page, well at least it color is decent an like the other Gundams.

http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/sdfcstage56.jpg

i am not sure if i am looking at the right one, looks alittle like a revamped Astray

The Murasame's head is quite similar to the M-1 Astray's head.

The February 2005 issue of Hobby Japan magazine features black and white line-art of the Murasame in both MS and Fighter mode. Somebody already scanned the pics and there are links to it in this thread a few pages back if you want to look for it. The Fighter mode looks a bit like Zeta, except with forward swept wings.

Graham

thanks i just checked, pretty cool yea it does look alot like the zeta in the fighter mode

anyway I read that Shin will have another MS not the Murasame !

That's the mid season replacement MS. Just as Kira got a new MS, Shinn will be the same. But we probably won't see that till April.

Hey Graham, did you see the MSIA Freedom at that Gundam convention? Totally forgot to ask.

Nope, they didn't have any of the upcoming 2005 MSiA on display at the HK Gundam Expo :( .

However, there's some new pics of the Freedom MSiA in the new February issue of Hobby Japan. I'll try to get them scanned.

I'm expecting the Freedom MSiA along with the Blue & White Zakus to hit shops here in HK in late January.

Graham