Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Toysroom gallery is up for the Abyss, Chaos, and Gaia:

http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/FILITHEYO/MIA-GAIA.htm

Not that the G-man's pics weren't nice, it's just that......ah, forget it. :p

From those pictures the MSIAs look really good. :o

I confess that I actually like the Gaia (Guyya?) design ver much. Bacow mode is well done in the MSIA mode. :o

Toysroom gallery is up for the Abyss, Chaos, and Gaia:

http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/FILITHEYO/MIA-GAIA.htm

Not that the G-man's pics weren't nice, it's just that......ah, forget it. :p

It's OK, I know my pics were crap, but in my defence they were taken in about 5 minutes, late at night, under bad indoor lighting, when I was tired.

Graham

I'm still surprized the HCM Pro Impulse transforms, with the tiny core splender even. Sweet.

Here'a a pic of the Zamzazar and the Jet Striker Dagger L.

post-26-1103873659_thumb.jpg

The "Noctiluca Zaku Warrior" Amphibious Assault Landing Type

post-26-1103873713_thumb.jpg

Some highlights from this month's magazines (courtesy of Animesuki.com)

Highlight between here and the smiley to read.

Ep. 11: PLANT prepares to attack Earth.

ep 12: War begins again. Minerva leaves ORB, EA is waiting for them outside ORB territorial waters.

ep 13: EA falls back from ORB. Cagalli prepares to marry Yuna (arranged marriage). Assasains attack Lacus and Kira. (Freedom most likely to appear in this episode)

ep 14: Archangel departs. Cagalli marries Yuna.

ep 15: Athrun returns, unwelcomed, to ORB with Saviour. Athrun reunites with Minerva @ Carpentaria

ep 16: Minerva gets into some more trouble with EA.

Athrun's faction is called "FAITH" under the direct command of the Chairman and Council. Athrun will be back in a ZAFT uniform. Titans anybody? :blink:

Edited by azrael

And lastly the UMF/SSO-3 Asshu - Amphibious variable ZAFT MS.

Viva la Z'Gok.

post-26-1103873775_thumb.jpg

The MMM GQ Force Impulse Gundam is just out here in Hong Kong. I just picked up one during my lunch break for the price of HK$499 (US$64). Price will probably come down in a week or so. Despite the high price I couldn't resist buying it :D .

I nearly didn't find it, as when I first checked the nearby toy shops during lunch they didn't have it, so I was cursing Bandai for not having the toy out in time for Christmas. Anyway, I went and bought myself some lunch and then just a few minutes before it was time to head back to the office I on a whim decided to go back and check one of the toy shops as they often get new Bandai stock arriving during lunch hours. And lo and behold, there was a big pile of freshly arrived Bandai cartons sitting on the shop floor, which just happened to contain some newly arrived MMM GQ Force Impulse Toys :lol: .

Anyway, the toy comes in a rectangular window box measuring 33cm wide x 24cm tall x 6.5 cm deep. The window on the front of the box, which displays the robot takes up about a third of the front of the box. Measuring the Gundam through the window, it appears to be about 16.5cm tall.

I'd take a photo of the box and post it now, but the only camera I have on me is my cell phone camera and as my antique office PC does not have bluetooth, I have no way to transfer the photos :( .

I'm going to do something which I'm not well noted for, that is be patient :p . As much as I want to get this toy out of the box and start playing with it immediately, I'm going to wrap it up, put it under my Christmas tree and not open it until Christmas day, as it's my present to myself. So that means no review or pics until later.

I'll just say that what I can see of the toy through the window box looks awesome. I can't wait to pose it together with my MMM Aile Strike.

Graham

Got ep 12 before 11, but watched most of it anyway.

AWESOME

EA used it's mobile armor, smaller than I thought (fit in one of the naval vessels). Took the Tannhouser shot though. Lots of Aile Pack Windams in the sky. Shinn took off in the air to fight them while Rey and Luna stood on the deck of the Minerva and fired from there. As Shinn fought the MA, his power got low, it grabbed onto him, his power ran out, and tore a leg off. As shinn was falling, he thought about his familiy, and made his SEED mode. Since the packs have their own engines, he could still fly with that, and the Minerva used the Energy Beam supply to recharge him. Think Gundam X style, to the forehead.

They then sent a replacement leg flyer and the sword pack, and in one of the coolest scenes yet, Shinn goes on rampage jumping ship to ship cleaving them to pieces. Sword Impulse is definately my favorite Impulse config. EVERYONE, Minerva crew, the Earth guys, and the orb guys just stood and watched with their jaws dropped. Absolutely sweet.

Athrun launched the Savior at the end, same style launch as when he launched from that hangar before.

Next episode: Freedom.

If you like mecha toys and you like the Impulse Gundam design, then you absolutely should buy the MMM GQ Force Impulse Gundam toy from Bandai. This is an amazing toy IMO. Definitely my favorite toy release of 2004. I am extremely happy with this toy and can't stop raving about it.

Extremely well finished, with great articulation, especially in the shoulders and feet. Not only are the ankles on ball joints, but the front and rear foot sections also have separate ball joints meaning that the toy can do a flat foot pose even with a very wide leg stance. The toy can also separate into it's 3 componant sections, the 'Chest Flyer'. Leg Flyer' and 'Core Splendor'.

While the MMM Impulse's die-cast metal content is lower than the older MMM Strike Gundam (only the Impulse's hip joint/groin, shoulder joints, ankles and feet), the toy still has decent heft and the distribution of the die-cast allows for a good centre of gravity and superior balance.

Bandai have improved on all the design flaws of the earlier MMM Strike Gundam. Gone is the removable armor which limits articulation. The front skirt armor on the Impulse is well articulated, meaning that a kneeling pose is a snap. The Impulse has a far firmer shield attachment than the Strike. The Impulses Force pack attaches very firmly. Also gone is the ugly overly long kneck of the Strike as well.

The toy comes with 1 x Core Splendor with removeable underwing rocket pods, 1 x beam rifle (handheld or attached to rear skirt), 1 x Force Impulse Flight pack, 2 x beam sabers with removeable hilts, 1 x collapsible shield, 2 x folding knives, 1 x shield bracket (for attaching shield to chest flyer), 18 x screw hole covers, 1 x instruction manual, 1 x spare hard plastic 'V antenna, 6 x hands ( 2 x fists, 2 x gun/saber/knife hands, 2 x open hands) & a a little extra white thing that is supposed to attach to the waist of the Leg Flyer.

The 3 component sections of the toy lock together very well, all though it did take me a while to get the hang of it. The only downside to this toy is that the rear skirt armor is slightly loose and does fall off from time-to-time. Also, you have cut the the 18 screw hole covers from their spru and put them on the toy yourself. A word of caution here. Make sure to RTFM. The screw hole covers are not generic. Each one is numbered and matches a specific hole and although they may fit in other holes, they will not be flush and are a devil to remove one pushed in.

Here's some quick pics. First of all the box and inner tray with all it's contents.

Graham

Sweet. Kinda makes me want to consider getting the GQ Sword Impulse more seriously.

these look to be about 1/100 scale right or maybe alittle bit smaller , i can say it is definetly something i want to pick up. i know this is alittle off does anyone know how big the Metal Meterial Hyaku Shiki that was released alittle while back?

Well based on what I just saw here, I just placed my order for the Impuilse GQ and Yamato monster with Toy-Wave. He's got the impulse GQ for 50$, pretty decent price isn'T it ?

I love the MMM gundam figures. For anyone woindering if they are worth it, just give it a try.

Graham, my guess is that the impulse is not as heavy as the strike mmm ?

these look to be about 1/100 scale right or maybe alittle bit smaller , i can say it is definetly something i want to pick up. i know this is alittle off does anyone know how big the Metal Meterial Hyaku Shiki that was released alittle while back?

I think the Shiki was made in 1/144 scale.

I think the Shiki was made in 1/144 scale.

Yep, 1/144. The Hyaku-shiki was part of the Kahen Senshi line. They had the Zeta., Hyaku-shiki, and ZZ.

It was pretty poseable, and looked pretty cool. I have the Zeta and ZZ. Zeta was so-so, the ZZ was awesome.

There were also Titans color scheme Zeta and ZZ releases.

Back to Destiny, I have found one thing that has pissed me off.

What the hell is this arranged marriage bit? Since when is Cagalli supposed to marry this Yuna punk. A guy like this Athrun should have bitch slapped 5 minutes after meeting him, and he put his hands on Cagalli. "I'm Athrun Zala, bitch!"

This reeks as unnecessary. I know this was set up years ago, but given Cagalli's character this is not something she would have allowed back when her father was still alive. Now that she is the chief representative (as in supposed to be THE BOSS), nobody has any business telling her who she marries.

It would have been enough to have this father and son duo try to usurp her power and that would have been it.

I hope Athrun personally steps on this pleab with the Savior.

If she actually gets married as part of the story I will be supremely pissed.

Rest of the show kicks ass, but this arranged marriage piece sucks.

Hopefully she quits and bails ORB before it happens.

Edited by Anubis

I hope Athrun personally steps on this pleab with the Savior.

If she actually gets married as part of the story I will be supremely pissed.

Rest of the show kicks ass, but this arranged marriage piece sucks.

Hopefully she quits and bails ORB before it happens.

Spoiler: (Hightlight to read):

Saviour will not be back until episode 15, and Kira is suppose to "kidnap" Cagalli (i.e. Yuna better call off the honeymoon cuz there ain't gonna be one) which leads to why ORB is going after Archangel.

Arranged marriages have a tendency to end with different couples in Seed (Sai and Fllay, Lacus and Athrun) so don't expect this to last long.

Graham, my guess is that the impulse is not as heavy as the strike mmm ?

Yes, the MMM Impulse is not as heavy as the MMM Strike, due to the lower metal content, but it is a much better toy IMO. Far more poseable. I'll weigh them when I get home tonight and post the result later.

I love this toy. Definitely buying 2 each of the Sword and Blast Impulse when they come out as well.

Graham

I know that some of the old crew from Archangel will reappear and have cameos. I wonder if they plan on bringing back Sai to see where he's at now. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him seeing as how he got the raw end of the deal with Fllay and Kira.

As for Mia Campbell, I actually think I prefer her as a character over Lacus. Lacus always strikes me as an impossibly Disney-like princess character with her sugary voice and impossible squeeky clean demeanor. No human is like that all the time. Now that she has a bunch of brats tagging along with her all the time, I can't help but look at her as Snow White among the seven dwarves. I can see the human faults in Mia, where her need for attention and longing to belong somewhere has driven her to be an imposter, even if she knows she's being used. She's pretty open with Athrun about the reality of her position. I think all that makes her a more interesting character. Hopefully they'll develop her character a bit more.

Just watched Episode 12 - WOW!

SPOILERS

We FINALLY get some MS action after 3 episodes of talking! And man, does it ever rock! Shinn goes SEED mode and takes out a friggin fleet! I got chills when I saw Sword Impulse using its anti-ship sabers against the EU fleet, taking out ship after ship! This ep should prove that Shinn is indeed an ass-kicker. The Zamzazar mobile armour was pretty cool too. Athrun returns to Zaft, and FINALLY launches the Saviour! And next episode.....the return of Kira with the Freedom Gundam (and yes, she's still nuclear baby!)

We also see the Deuterium Beam used to recharge the Impulse's power cells - my nitpick is that I think this was waaay too quick - it was active for like, 5 seconds, and granted Impulse a full recharge. Plus, it works by targetting the middle of the V-fin, admittedly a tiny and highly moving target

I think this episode also lays to rest the issue of the power capabilities of the Gundam and Zakus - it's all dependent on who pilots them - we saw grunt Zaku's getting blown away by the new EU MS. But then we have Impulse, which was vaporizing ships and those same MS by the dozen!

Hot Damn, I can't wait two weeks!

Edited by Magnus

Just watched Episode 12 - WOW!

SPOILERS

We FINALLY get some MS action after 3 episodes of talking!  And man, does it ever rock!  Shinn goes SEED mode and takes out a friggin fleet!  I got chills when I saw Sword Impulse using its anti-ship sabers against the EU fleet, taking out ship after ship!  This ep should prove that Shinn is indeed an ass-kicker.  The Zamzazar mobile armour was pretty cool too.  Athrun returns to Zaft, and FINALLY launches the Saviour!  And next episode.....the return of Kira with the Freedom Gundam (and yes, she's still nuclear baby!)

We also see the Deuterium Beam used to recharge the Impulse's power cells - my nitpick is that I think this was waaay too quick - it was active for like, 5 seconds, and granted Impulse a full recharge.  Plus, it works by targetting the middle of the V-fin, admittedly a tiny and highly moving target

I think this episode also lays to rest the issue of the power capabilities of the Gundam and Zakus - it's all dependent on who pilots them - we saw grunt Zaku's getting blown away by the new EU MS.  But then we have Impulse, which was vaporizing ships and those same MS by the dozen! 

Hot Damn, I can't wait two weeks!

I posted that on the previous page already, but yeah, episode 12 ROCKED.

I hope Kira does indeed bail Cagalli out so they can get out of Dodge. Kira can step on Yuna while he's at it.

As for the Impulse's recharge, it does have a "Hyper Capacitor" according to the power meter display, so it should be able to take in a lot of energy really fast.

Edited by Anubis

How about some comparison shots with the Force Impulse & Victory Gundam...that toy definately reminds me of the Victory.

Which Victory Gundam toy? There are several.

Graham

Any. Something about the Impulse definately screams Victory to me (V1, not V2).

How about some comparison shots with the Force Impulse & Victory Gundam...that toy definately reminds me of the Victory.

Which Victory Gundam toy? There are several.

Graham

Any. Something about the Impulse definately screams Victory to me (V1, not V2).

I know what you mean. Impulse's shoulders and the mid-line chest part is very Victory-ish IMO.

Also of course the seperation into 3 flying units, that can dock mid-flight is similar. Although Okawara didn't bother with being able to combine the core Splendor with just the Chest Flyer or Leg Flyer, unlike how Katoki designed the Victory's Core Fighter to be able to dock with either the Top Fighter or Bottom Fighter.

Anyway, I love both the Impulse & Victory

Graham