Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Finally managed to catch up on the last four episodes. So, random thoughts.

Orb's current leaders are happily cuddling up to the EA to avoid being razed to the ground again. Gotcha. Yuna's a slimeball trying to get into Cagalli's pants while cuddling up to the EA. We get it. Cagalli is way in over her head. Message received. Now can we please end the Orb segments, since they're showing the same damn things over and over again? I really hope that Kira and company save Cagalli from her wedding so they can leave Orb behind and we can do something new.

Shinn needs character development, and fast. The so-called main character of the show has been completely upstaged by Athrun so far. Hopefully, they'll finally start the Shinn/Stellar romance angle so he can see some character growth.

I like Talia so far. Arthur though, his only reason for existance seems to be surprised exclamations and questions.

Kira in Freedom again. Boo-yah.

I'm willing to bet that Archangel is going to kidnap/save Cagalli and run for the hills, to uphold the true ideals of Orb or something. They're going to need a good AEUG-sounding acronym, though.

I'm not too sure about Dullindal ordering the hit on Lacus. The timing is a little too convienant, especially since everyone is just waiting for him to reveal that he's really an evil manipulator. I think it would be unusual if he was actually a good guy, and the attack on Lacus was from the same group who tried to drop Jenuis 7.

Rey's a pretty good guy. Here's hoping that he doesn't get jealous of Shinn having the Seed. After all, he has the mighty Newtype Powah.

Mia's pretty hot, even if she does seem rather vapid.

And Andy needs Rocket Punch. That is all.

Finally managed to catch up on the last four episodes. So, random thoughts.

Orb's current leaders are happily cuddling up to the EA to avoid being razed to the ground again. Gotcha. Yuna's a slimeball trying to get into Cagalli's pants while cuddling up to the EA. We get it. Cagalli is way in over her head. Message received. Now can we please end the Orb segments, since they're showing the same damn things over and over again? I really hope that Kira and company save Cagalli from her wedding so they can leave Orb behind and we can do something new.

Indeed its annoying. Get on with it already! Did the whole Ahtla family died out with only Cagali left? Doesn't she have uncles or aunts etc of the Athla family to help her out in her predicament? Yuna and his family just wants to be the king of Orb. Bastard.

Shinn needs character development, and fast.  The so-called main character of the show has been completely upstaged by Athrun so far.  Hopefully, they'll finally start the Shinn/Stellar romance angle so he can see some character growth.

Indeed...... <_<

I like Talia so far.  Arthur though, his only reason for existance seems to be surprised exclamations and questions.

ROFLMAO! I like the way you phrased that! And its true! And Talia just answers him calmly in the heat of a life and death situation.

I'm not too sure about Dullindal ordering the hit on Lacus.  The timing is a little too convienant, especially since everyone is just waiting for him to reveal that he's really an evil manipulator.  I think it would be unusual if he was actually a good guy, and the attack on Lacus was from the same group who tried to drop Jenuis 7.

Why would an anti-natural terrorist group care about Lacus? Not like she's preventing the war or anything. And remmember my theory that the colony drop might be brought about by Dullindal himself. And him being mentioned an expert in DNA manipulation just makes him seem dodgier already. Maybe he has mind control serums as well.....

Rey's a pretty good guy.  Here's hoping that he doesn't get jealous of Shinn having the Seed.  After all, he has the mighty Newtype Powah.

If he's a Newtype, he's not a coordinator. Then it makes you wonder how he ended up in ZAFT. Is he taking direct orders from Dullindal? Hmmmm.

Why would an anti-natural terrorist group care about Lacus? Not like she's preventing the war or anything. And remmember my theory that the colony drop might be brought about by Dullindal himself. And him being mentioned an expert in DNA manipulation just makes him seem dodgier already. Maybe he has mind control serums as well.....

Remember, this is the same Lacus Clyne who tried her damnest to bring Patrick Zala down and end the war. His fanatic followers would not hold her in a kind light.

If he's a Newtype, he's not a coordinator. Then it makes you wonder how he ended up in ZAFT. Is he taking direct orders from Dullindal? Hmmmm.

Dullindal might have been involved in his creation. After all, the current theory is that Rey is Raww's clone.

Remember, this is the same Lacus Clyne who tried her damnest to bring Patrick Zala down and end the war. His fanatic followers would not hold her in a kind light.

Dullindal might have been involved in his creation. After all, the current theory is that Rey is Raww's clone.

Oh yeah! Very valid points. B))

The SEED (Superior Evolutionary Element Destined) factor is possible in both coordinators AND naturals, so it's entirely possible to be a Newtype and a Coordinator. Just like Kira is taking more and more steps toward being a Newtype.

Rey's already there, hence the Newtype ping. He just hasn't realized his potential fully as a newtype. He doesn't recognize what the ping signifies yet really. He was able to handily hold off Neo though.

I'm going with the coordinatored Raww clone idea as well for Rey.

Dullindal himself admitted that Lacus has more influence than he does, so it would make sense for him to want a Lacus he can use for propoganda, or at least sway the people of plant. We all saw how easy Mia calmed everyone down after the Nuclear attack attempt. Athrun was confused. A very successful debut. He doesn't have much more use for the real one anymore.

Very convenient how she was right there for Athrun to find when he first met her, only for Dullindal to show up and ask him what was wrong. Dullindal's pulling strings all over the place.

Edited by Anubis

well, I think Orb is also somehow involve in this Lacus Hit. Come on with all this Boom and kaboom,,we don't even see one Orb military coming to take a look. There is just no way that they wouldn't be able to pick up something on their scanners when the top of the mountain exploded, or with all those Mobile Suits firing at the house or Freedom flying around shooting. If I remember corrrectly Kira live near the Orb Military base with-in driving distance.

So it might not be Dullindal's doing, Maybe Yuna did it to force Kira away, he can't kill Kira because he knows it's Cagalli's brother, so he pick the next best thing. If Lacus disappeared , Kira will either go search for her or take revenge for her thinking it's from Zaft.

But I might be thinking to much,, it could just be Dullindal to keep the story simple. Or it could even be Mia, by killing Lacus she will be the only Lacus,, For all we know She might be the main villian in this whole story.

Well I would like to do some Ranting now. I'm a getting sick of the way Cagalli acts in Destiny, first she keeps on saying the begining part of a sentence and then wait for someone to interupt her from saying the rest. Finish what you have to say :angry: . and she should of Slap/punch the hell out of Yuna for talking poo about Athrun, what he did to the Zaft ship,. I saw Seed and the Cagalli in that one is not a push-over like this new one.

Well I would like to do some Ranting now. I'm a getting sick of the way Cagalli acts in Destiny, first she keeps on saying the begining part of a sentence and then wait for someone to interupt her from saying the rest.

Yes yes, join the crowd over there. Cagalli is trying her best to hold onto an ideal but times have changed and the circumstances aren't the same. It's been a rough 2 years on her and she can't keep up. That's why she's the doormat she is now. She's trying to stop a train wreck all by herself. It's reflecting poorly on her character but place yourself in her shoes and you might see why she is a doormat.

Also, how much power is Athrun going to have when he finally arrives?

I'm sure they got someone to ferry him to Earth orbit.

Isn't Saviour Nucleaur powered like the Freedom?

Hence being developed seperately from the other three new suits.

I'm really loving this new series, much better then the first (which I'm watching as the dvd's come out) with loads more action from the get go.

Kira kicked all sorts of arse. :D

Also, how much power is Athrun going to have when he finally arrives?

I'm sure they got someone to ferry him to Earth orbit.

Isn't Saviour Nucleaur powered like the Freedom?

Hence being developed seperately from the other three new suits.

I'm really loving this new series, much better then the first (which I'm watching as the dvd's come out) with loads more action from the get go.

Kira kicked all sorts of arse. :D

Savior is battery powered as well, it's another of the Deuterion Beam capable gundams.

Will Justice eventually show though? I'm sorta curious on that since it was destroyed with Genesis wasn't it? I didn't even think Freedom would reappear after basically being manhandled by Raww and Genesis....I thought it was pretty much toast....but wha about Strike? There were still pieces of it left even after being blown to bits by Dominion....Hell if we had a Archangel lookalike, could we possibly see a Minerva one as well?

Well they are all just machines, complex and massive though they may be.

They can be rebuilt, the question is why. Usually they would take what they've learned from those prototypes and use that to their advantage with a new design.

Savior is battery powered as well, it's another of the Deuterion Beam capable gundams

Fair enough, it was ages ago when I read the mecha previews. :p

Will Justice eventually show though?

Probably not. Saviour is Athrun's new and permanent mech assignment.

I didn't even think Freedom would reappear after basically being manhandled by Raww and Genesis....I thought it was pretty much toast....but wha about Strike?

It was kinda hinted that Freedom would be back (MSiA, it's in the credits.... etc). Freedom wasn't destroyed by Le Creuset. It lost limbs but it's reactor a majority of the main body was still intact. Quite salvageable.

Strike? For sure, no. That thing is quite gone. Strike Rouge...maybe.

could we possibly see a Minerva one as well?

Too early to tell.

One thing you need to take into account is that the current set of Gundams are much more capable than Freedom or Justice. Minus the nuclear reactor, they would be just as capable as Freedom or Justice. So why bring back a mech that was blown to itty bitty pieces.

Like all the lineart shots on those pages, it'll look way better in the actual animation.

Hmm, would have preferred a more Zeta styled head on that thing, and hell, more Zeta styled parts in general, but it's interesting none the less.

With all these MSG references building though, I can't help but think back to Turn A in it's attempt at unifying all Gundam series.

With all these MSG references building though, I can't help but think back to Turn A in it's attempt at unifying all Gundam series.

That's kinda funny cuz Tomino said that to Fukada back when he was doing SEED. In an interview with Fukada, Fukada went to say hi to Tomino (gotta greet the man who started it), Tomino said to Fukada, "I just tried to unify everything and now they hired you to break it up again. ARGH!!!!!!!!! Well, good luck." (or something to that effect). Of course Tomino hates Bandai with a passion so...... <_<

it kinda grows on me and yet it is not totally pleasing. have no problems with the color scheme myself.

Me too,

Thank actualy the only beef I have with gundam in general. I think the colors schemes of the gundams are a bit childish and tacky (big red shoes, yellow and bright blue torso etc...) and make some of them look more like clowns than war machines. At the complete opposite you have the Zakus who have nice, more conventional and beleivable paint schemes but with clown heads.

I think the colors schemes of the gundams are a bit childish and tacky (big red shoes, yellow and bright blue torso etc...) and make some of them look more like clowns than war machines. At the complete opposite you have the Zakus who have nice, more conventional and beleivable paint schemes but with clown heads.

I agree, sometimes I wish for a MSG series that has a normal color scheme (white/grey) Gundam.

You could argue that part of the purpose of the Gundams is psychological warfare. They're supposed to scream "LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO!" to the enemy. That actually came up in Gundam Wing, if I remember correctly.. their color schemes were as much a psychological effect as anything else, showing that they would make no attempt to hide, and had no need to hide.. <_<

But, anyways. When your main forms of sensory data and communication on the battlefield are visual, you want to be able to see each other. The SEED Gundams were meant to function as a team, so being able to differentiate each other at a glance would of been useful. The Destiny units seem to be tech demonstrators, so they had no need to be painted in subdued colors. I'll admit Impulse's magical color-changing PS armor is nothing more then an advertising gimmick... but damn it, it's a gimmick that gives us the sexah' Sword Impulse colors. :wub:

But, er, back to the subject at hand.. In the UC timeline, the RX-78-2 was in roll-out/parade colors, and would of been painted in the white/grey of the -03 unit for combat use. That never got to happen, so it went through the war in its parade colors, and became so famous that its successor was painted by the AEUG to match, as a sort of tradition I guess. From there, well.. they just kept the tradition alive. G-Gundam was just screwie, Gundam Wing did it for psychological reasons, Gundam X.. I haven't watched, so who knows.. Turn-A Gundam is just screwie in general, and I already went over SEED's purposes. B)) As for out-of-story reasons.. well.. it's a recognizable color scheme and helps establish the Gundam 'brand'. Colorful heros tend to sell better.

The best color schemes for the good guys are the ones found in the 8th Ms Team series. I don't know, the just don't scream like "Coco the clown is going to blow a nice baloon for poopoo" type of colors. Still, having a white gundam standing out of the palm trees and walking in the jungle still puts the 8th ms team at a disadvantage compared to green zaku I think.

Maybe I'm just getting too hold for all that gundam fashion stuff

The Destiny units seem to be tech demonstrators, so they had no need to be painted in subdued colors. I'll admit Impulse's magical color-changing PS armor is nothing more then an advertising gimmick... but damn it, it's a gimmick that gives us the sexah' Sword Impulse colors. :wub:

The Impulse's color changing is not magical. It's actually listed in the specs as having 'Variable Phase Shift' (VPS) armor. However, it's not known at this time if the 'Variable'' just refers to the color changing ability, or whether it actually offers improved protection over regular Phase Shift armor.

Anyway, the Impulse's color changing is certainly a stroke of genius on the part of Bandai's marketing department. Having a different color scheme for the Impulse for each different weapon load, is a great way to force fans to buy multiple recolors of the same figure :lol: .

Graham

The Destiny units seem to be tech demonstrators, so they had no need to be painted in subdued colors. I'll admit Impulse's magical color-changing PS armor is nothing more then an advertising gimmick... but damn it, it's a gimmick that gives us the sexah' Sword Impulse colors.  :wub:

The Impulse's color changing is not magical. It's actually listed in the specs as having 'Variable Phase Shift' (VPS) armor. However, it's not known at this time if the 'Variable'' just refers to the color changing ability, or whether it actually offers improved protection over regular Phase Shift armor.

Anyway, the Impulse's color changing is certainly a stroke of genius on the part of Bandai's marketing department. Having a different color scheme for the Impulse for each different weapon load, is a great way to force fans to buy multiple recolors of the same figure :lol: .

Graham

Oh, I didn't mean to seriously imply its magical. :lol: I just can't see it having any true purpose in the plot. It does, as you pointed out, force people to buy all three Impulse's to have things look right. <_< If it's stronger PS armor, it shouldn't need to change colors to be stronger.

Has anyone mention what the heck do the capital ships run on?

Unleaded ?

Angst?...........Yeah, I bet that's it! Want to make a ship, Mobile Suit or Mobile Armor that's all powerful, then run it on an Angst™ engine powered fom the main character's angst and it will be unbeatable.

Heck, as long as it's not the bloody silly (IMO), all singing, all dancing, do everything Minovsky particles from the UC universe then I'll be happy.

Graham

Has anyone mention what the heck do the capital ships run on?

Unleaded ?

Angst?...........Yeah, I bet that's it! Want to make a ship, Mobile Suit or Mobile Armor that's all powerful, then run it on an Angst™ engine powered fom the main character's angst and it will be unbeatable.

Heck, as long as it's not the bloody silly (IMO), all singing, all dancing, do everything Minovsky particles from the UC universe then I'll be happy.

Graham

No, you're thinking of Zeta's awesome Psycommu!

You'd think they'd come up with something clever for captial ships like in Nadesico they use the vacuum of space to charge their gravity cannon, with that they can do continious blasts without running out of energy....and coordinators say they're smart.....BAH!

not just the space ships, navy ships too. they have to power everything onboard, all those beam weapon, plus charging all the ms.., and there is no smoke stack on any of them. and the gundams, once the power is out, they just can't use their ps armor and beam weapons right? don't they still move around and attack like any other ms? is that ready that big a problem for their supposedly ace pilots? <_<