Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

8th MS Team is the only one I can think of where there was no bumping into or capturing. They were all assigned to a low cost version of the Gundam for ground unit support.......the end.

Lieutenant McKenzie in Gundam 0080 was assigned her Gundam Alex.

Graham, I, too, wouldn't mind some unassembled Valkyrie toys. I would kill for a nice transforming VF-0S.

I would just be beyond happy if Bandai ever started making HG kits of the Varuta VFs.

They'd better shed some more light on Evidence 01, what went down at Mendel Colony (Kira isn't the only uber coordinator, the Hyperion's pilot is one too), and on Newtypes.

So far Athrun's the only veteran we've seen, wonder if he ends up pulling the sempai role.

Edited by Druna Skass

I would just be beyond happy if Bandai ever started making HG kits of the Varuta VFs.

They'd better shed some more light on Evidence 01, what went down at Mendel Colony (Kira isn't the only uber coordinator, the Hyperion's pilot is one too), and on Newtypes.

So far Athrun's the only veteran we've seen, wonder if he ends up pulling the sempai role.

I'm sure many of the previous characters will show up, Cagalli is a certainty, if not in the first episode with Athrun, and later Lacus and Kira are bound to show up or be visited. Orb will surely be revisited as well at some point. First couple of episodes will probably deal with the introductions, and apparently 3 of the zaft suits stolen this time to start off with. It says the 3 piolots sneak into this armor 1, but doesn't specifically say they steal the suits.

The earth forces girl that will pilot a gundam smells like newtype to me from that description, at least similar to Mwu.

Every description I've heard about SEED Destiny smells like Zeta. I expect them to pull a SEED and come up with a completely new storyline by the 5th episode, just like SEED did with 0079.

In anycase, I'm guessing Kira would be under house arrest in the beginning too.

Every description I've heard about SEED Destiny smells like Zeta. I expect them to pull a SEED and come up with a completely new storyline by the 5th episode, just like SEED did with 0079.

In anycase, I'm guessing Kira would be under house arrest in the beginning too.

Nah, Kira will be living with Lacus on PLANT probably, or still be at that island where Markio's house was (with the orphans) like he was in the Phase-After short.

Edited by Anubis

Nah, Kira will be living with Lacus on PLANT probably, or still be at that island where Markio's house was (with the orphans) like he was in the Phase-After short.

My question is that whether the military he fought with at the end of the series will keep a close eye on him or not, like the EFSF with Amuro.

He'll be in either ORB or Zaft territory, so he probably doesn't have to worry about the alliance. Just like the Archangel crew is apparently in orb judging from the phase-after piece.

Also, the majority of the Alliance didn't even know Kira was in the Freedom. They wrote him off as dead when Strike was initially destroyed, and wouldn't have known it was him later on.

The EFSF did have a nice way of teating it's war heroes though, from Amuro's house arrest, to how the 0083 boys was screwed over.

Edited by Anubis

Even in model form, they don't look so good...

Those are the cheap ass non-HG 1/144's again just like Seed's $5 ones.

Edited by Anubis

maybe they will look nicer when they release a 1/100 HG or a 1/100 MG kit, at least i hope they look nicer.

The EFSF did have a nice way of teating it's war heroes though, from Amuro's house arrest, to how the 0083 boys was screwed over.

The only one getting the shaft in 0083 was Captain Synapse. Kou (the one most deserving of death) was set free, and the rest of the Albion crew was made into Titans.

Some may argue that they did get the shaft by being made into Titans, but come on, the Titans uniforms and color schemes are infinitely studlier than anything else the EFSF may have come up with in the past, present, or future.

maybe they will look nicer when they release a 1/100 HG or a 1/100 MG kit, at least i hope they look nicer.

You can tell form the unpainted poorly sculpted pics on the bottom that that's what those two are. No even professional painting can save thosebudget non-HG 1/144 kits.

The HG's and 1/100's will look WAY better than that. It still boils down to wether you like the design or not in the end though how it will appear to each person.

Buy what you like, no one forces any different on anybody.

Seed's model kits have sold in droves in Japan, and proved very successful. All the model lines for Seed, from the budget 1/144 (no idea how though :blink:) to the HG 1/144 and 1/100, and the couple of 1/60's. Thus the forumula continues for Seed Destiny.

Edited by Anubis

To many of these "young kids bumping into the Gundam" or, "Capturing of a top secret mobile suit" story lines.

Yep, I agree. Ya know once, heck even twice I can accept, but when the same thing happens in so many Gundam animes, it just stretches creadibilty to breaking point and causes me to lose all interest in Gundam. Somebody needs to hit Tomino on the head with a big hammer and tell him to have an original idea more than once a decade.

Let's see how many Gundam animes have there been where a young untrained kid bumps into the Gundam and becomes the pilot: MSG, Z, ZZ, F91, V & SEED. 6 series!!! Ok, F91 was a movie not a series (although a series was planned), but they same damn thing still happens.

Graham

Untrained? IIRC Zeta's Camille was a winner of junior MS competition before he bumped in the Mk-II. ZZ's Judo has been piloting MS to salvage junk long before he bumped into the Aghama crew. V's Usso has been trained by similator since he was a kid. Tomino wasn't even involved with Seed.

Untrained? IIRC Zeta's Camille was a winner of junior MS competition before he bumped in the Mk-II. ZZ's Judo has been piloting MS to salvage junk long before he bumped into the Aghama crew. V's Usso has been trained by similator since he was a kid. Tomino wasn't even involved with Seed.

Wasn't Seabook an MS mechanic?

Untrained?  IIRC Zeta's Camille was a winner of junior MS competition before he bumped in the Mk-II.  ZZ's Judo has been piloting MS to salvage junk long before he bumped into the Aghama crew.  V's Usso has been trained by similator since he was a kid.  Tomino wasn't even involved with Seed.

Wasn't Seabook an MS mechanic?

Seabook was an engineering major, but I don't remember any references to him having piloting skills in either the movie or the novelization.

Bandai will start pumping out high quality Macross kits the day Big West sells Sunrise the rights to Macross. All these non-Gundam MGs got released because the corresponding Sunrise show was being released on DVD at the time, since Sunrise and Bandai are virtually the same company now. As you can see the HGAB and MG Patlabor lines never got finished, we never got a MG Billbine either because they saw no point of putting out new kits after the DVD sales start to drop.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

All these non-Gundam MGs got released because the corresponding Sunrise show was being released on DVD at the time, since Sunrise and Bandai are virtually the same company now.

Sunrise and Bandai ARE the same company. Bandai purchased Sunrise early in V Gundam's run (1993), and then came up with G Gundam. How G Gundam became what it is now is another story, but needless to say, it began as a remake/update of MSG. Shining Gundam was originally going to be a new RX-78. Be afraid.

The only problem with Kira, is that he doesn't really have much of an arch nemesis. I just don't see Athrun turning sides again (though you never know, perhaps if Cagali died), and with Kira's current level of power, who is there really for him to fight?

With that said, I'd love to see him come back in Destiny, if for no other reason to explain how they're going to integrate newtypes & coordinators into the CE universe.

The only problem with Kira, is that he doesn't really have much of an arch nemesis. I just don't see Athrun turning sides again (though you never know, perhaps if Cagali died), and with Kira's current level of power, who is there really for him to fight?

With that said, I'd love to see him come back in Destiny, if for no other reason to explain how they're going to integrate newtypes & coordinators into the CE universe.

Athrun was never really the nemesis in Seed, it was a friend vs friend story for a while. Rau was the nemesis through the whole series, just with Mwu at first, and then with Kira as well once Kira dealt with him a couple of times. He's dead now, so there should be some new newtype bad guys introduced in Seed Destiny. They only scratched the surface of the Blue Cosmos in Seed, even if they killed the leader at the time. All the nuclear moebius pilots in the end of Seed were apparently Blue Cosmos since they were spouting that pure blue earth crap, so it's got to be a pretty prevalent problem as well.

It's probable that the Blue Cosmos are going to rear their ugly heads again, seeing as they practicaly hijacked the Atlantic Federation and with the Atlantic as Earth's dominant power, the whole Earth Alliance was on their key ring. Come to think of it, I wonder if they were covertly running the Atlantic from even before the war broke out. Since the guys with the most powerful equipment are allied with Orb, I wonder if Orb is a dominant power now.

I really can't see Kira or just about everyone else comming back for a major role. The only people I can see showing up with a major role aside from Cagali would be either Ramius, Andy, or Kisaka commanding some new battleship, on that note, I wonder if the Archangel or another of it's class shows up. Or Elieen Canaver, if someone decides to whack the guy running PLANT.

On another note, why not just make the new suits run off a reactor? The Alliance already knows how to make NJCs and probaly already use them to fix the energy crisis on Earth.

I'm sure just like in Seed, the NJC suits will show up midway through the series. I do see Kira coming back though, just wouldn't make sense to make him so powerful in the first series without bringing him back. Besides, it was never said if he was the only coordinator altered to the extent he was (even though Athrun did show the same "Seed" power).

I'm just curious as hell where the whole Newtype thing is going, of course I've always been a sucker for Newtype storeis (except for X, they royally botched it with tthat whole DOME thing).

I'm sure Kira will come back. Don't you think one of the new guy looks surprising like Kira? Probably Kira just got yet another long lost twin.

In the end of Seed, I still couldn't understand how Lux and Cagali got seed power. Bandai better explain it in seed destiny.

I also think the masked bad guy will come back in seed destinay, he is a clone, probably there are many other clones somewhere.

On another note, why not just make the new suits run off a reactor? The Alliance already knows how to make NJCs and probaly already use them to fix the energy crisis on Earth.

N-Jammer-cancellers probably went on the disallowed list as part of the armistice. Again, the N-jammers were the only thing keeping PLANT from being destroyed, so those would have to still be just as highly in use. Safety measure so some wackos (Blue Cosmos) don't destroy some colonies. Thus no new nuclear powered mobile suits, and ZAFT instead developed this remote recharge system.

Though everyone knows both sides have a nuclear-powered MS or two in storage or on the drawing board.

N-Jammer-cancellers probably went on the disallowed list as part of the armistice. Again, the N-jammers were the only thing keeping PLANT from being destroyed, so those would have to still be just as highly in use. Safety measure so some wackos (Blue Cosmos) don't destroy some colonies. Thus no new nuclear powered mobile suits, and ZAFT instead developed this remote recharge system.

Though everyone knows both sides have a nuclear-powered MS or two in storage or on the drawing board.

That doesn't really make sence though. We all know the Alliance/Blue Cosmos isn't the most honest and noble of organizations. So if nuke PLANT happens to be the adgenda of the day, I don't think any ban is going to keep them from making a couple NJCs. If PLANT really wanted to be safe from another all out nuclear assault they'd probably be better off with a MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) policy and build another GENESIS or two.

N-Jammer-cancellers probably went on the disallowed list as part of the armistice.  Again, the N-jammers were the only thing keeping PLANT from being destroyed, so those would have to still be just as highly in use.  Safety measure so some wackos (Blue Cosmos) don't destroy some colonies.  Thus no new nuclear powered mobile suits, and ZAFT instead developed this remote recharge system.

That doesn't really make sence though. We all know the Alliance/Blue Cosmos isn't the most honest and noble of organizations. So if nuke PLANT happens to be the adgenda of the day, I don't think any ban is going to keep them from making a couple NJCs. If PLANT really wanted to be safe from another all out nuclear assault they'd probably be better off with a MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) policy and build another GENESIS or two.

Yeah, that is true, they are woefully dishonest. There is probably a MAD type cloud though hovering though. The only thing that would keep Earth from trying the same stuff again would be the threat of PLANT's retaliation. They did build the Genesis pretty quick, they could build another, of some other doozy. It would also be simple for zaft to send a new invasion force. and lead to another dragged out war. Neither side wants that, so it may be kind of like now, where there are some weapons disallowed by the geneva conventions. Similar concept, but everyone knows Blue Cosmos will try some shady stuff.

My guess at least.

Still you have to figure a GENESIS like weapon requires a shitload of resources to build and at best would take a few months. With orb smashed and the MS trump card taken away if the EA decided to launch an all-out attack they could probably win.

Well if we assume Archangel and Eternal went to Orb after the war (which would probably be most likely since there's that scene with Andy and a bunch of Orb people), they would have all kinds of data (the Strike's, Justice's, Freedom's, and Buster's combat data), along with what was aboard the Kusanagi. So unless Orb was under Alliance occupation it probably wouldn't be too hard for Orb to rebuild it's military even with out Morgenroter.

And if the MAHQ is anything to go by, Orb would probably also have the data on the Astreys, Sword Calamity, Duel/Long Dagger, Forbidden Blue, and Raider Full Spec units.

I'll say one thing, EA special forces are VERY lax in their uniforms. Imagine the fit Natarle would have had if she saw this guys :lol: They're more lax in appearance than the psycho trio she had to baby sit (kinda), and she didn't like them either.

Edited by Anubis

In Zeta Gundam Amuro didn't make many apperances either, he was really just apart of the earth storyline and than when Camille and Char went back into space that was pretty much it for Amuro till I guess CCA...havne't seen much of ZZ.

So Kira could head in a very similar direction.

• 2 weeks later...

New Seed Destiny pics.

Kira's in upper left of this one.

post-26-1092148706_thumb.jpg

GORGEOUS Lacus pic. :wub:

post-26-1092148741_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Gaia's transformation.

post-26-1092148834_thumb.jpg

One thing I found funny, though an obvious homage to the original, is it looks like the two halves of the Impulse can be launched independently, and combine with the core fighter like the RX-78 did occasionally.

upper half

post-26-1092148994.jpg

Edited by Anubis