Legioss alpha fighter papercraft

Kin

the whole lot assembled :) with the retractable stock. I have the most crappiest printer of all... I'm sure it would look much much better printed on other printers.

post-26-1116890782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kin

• 6 months later...

OKe.. i had a second thought. I've stopped modeling Optimus Prime... I'll continue with the legioss, with an approved technique to transform. It will be much much more solid compared to previous designs! :)

Edited by Kin

great news!

I found out how to transform a legioss without the cockpit having to do a loop.

1st pic shows that after the radar is deployed, there is enough room to move the cockpit diagonaly with a rail into the empty space. A part of the head can be empty to provide enough space for the rail without collision.

2nd pic shows that there is a hinge that covers the top of the hidden cockpit and also the head is placed correctly and the nose is short.

3rd pic shows that the lower part of the body retracts down. Instead of the original transformation, which the engines rotate only.... this time the engines and the hidden cockpit compartement rotates with a special flat hinge and the front armor shield also rotates to cover the front of the hidden cockpit.

Ejecting in soldier mode is much much more sense now!

hope you understand my idea! (sorry for my engrish) :)

post-590-1134521606_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kin

Ok, I've completed a system to get those leg transformed without "paperfatigue".

I also managed to get some room for the cockpit compartement to fit into the empty space in soldier mode.. precise fit, canopy following the contour. There is enough space underneath for the pilot's legs. I guess that's the room where Stick gets additional displays by looking through the canopy window. The nose is fitted close to the back (against the back of the canopy) unlike Toynami, it's sticking out like a backpack.

post-590-1135045385.jpg

post-590-1135045391.jpg

Edited by Kin

• 2 months later...

Not sure if i missed it or something but did you complete the legioss? I'm really wanting to try it out if you have. I'm currently working on a yf - 19 right now but may stop if I get the model or pics I'm looking for for the SDF. But for now I'm just starting to get the yf 19 going. Thanks in advance.

Well.. I'm actually busy with the m16-203m... after that  I'll continue with the Legioss project.

381054[/snapback]

Hey kin Just in case you're interested you might want to try building one of these to go with it for your arsenal.

3609_20050106220955_01.jpg

Link below, in case it doesn't stand out, first time posting a link like this.

Final Paper

Or maybe this one

1_20041013223601_01.jpg

Link for AK 47 is here

Edited by Bad_Scorpion

Well.. I'm actually busy with the m16-203m... after that  I'll continue with the Legioss project.

381054[/snapback]

Hey kin Just in case you're interested you might want to try building one of these to go with it for your arsenal.

3609_20050106220955_01.jpg

Link below, in case it doesn't stand out, first time posting a link like this.

Final Paper

Or maybe this one

1_20041013223601_01.jpg

Link for AK 47 is here

381580[/snapback]

Lol thnx man, but I've madean improved ak-47 model;)

post-590-1142817421_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting a little Starscream project. A fully transformable papermodel.

Goal is to build it in a way it looks good in both modes. I've already made a plan to model the whole thing. Now it's just a matter of time modeling and texturing the whole thing. :)

post-590-1144605992.jpg

I'm starting a little Starscream project. A fully transformable papermodel.

Goal is to build it in a way it looks good in both  modes. I've already made a plan to model the whole thing. Now it's just a matter of time modeling and texturing the whole thing. :)

389280[/snapback]

Finished all parts and checked in fightermode. No loose parts. What you see is what you get.

post-590-1144622219_thumb.jpg

Good news again. The arms transforms perfectly! :)

It just fitted in the conceiling space within the body.. a little tight squeeze through the opening on it's back. There is still room in the center to fill energon cubes and starscream's head.

post-590-1145399896_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kin

I'm happy now..

Got the backplate and teh wings on. The backplate has a hatch in the middle, same like yamato's 1/48. The hatch also secures the folded wings in robot mode.

Made one leg and tested succesfully. Retraction and rotation is very secure and easy to make. Notice I've used the method like the legtransformation from a legioss... it's because of reducing width in robot mode and increasing in fightermode. On the backplate I've used a marker to point out where the areas can be improved to build Starscreams back as seen on TV.

So in fightermode it's all white and in robot mode it's partially red.

woohoo! :lol:

post-590-1145495432_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kin