Legioss alpha fighter papercraft

Kin

Is it going to be a perfect transformation model? I know right now you're having some issues with the cockpit... And are you going to sell/provide pre printed sheets/printable sheets, with the textures on them?

re: tranformation...please read the title..

Kin's previous posts

"HI folks.. I'm busy working on a paper model Legioss apha fighter.

When finished, the paper models can be downloaded for free."

"This time I'll use more detail for the legs such as:

- missile hatches with missiles in it (duh)

- rear landing gear

- textures"

Kin,

Truly incredible work, my lower jaw is on the floor!

Earlier in this thread, you mentioned the possibility of using foam as an internal stiffener. This stuff is readily available, inexpensive, and works well, but requires a fairly long set time compared to industrial 2-part urethane foam. Also, since the substrate is paper, you would likely want to add small amounts cumulatively so as not to saturate your paper.

At any rate, thank you for sharing this terrific project with us!

Is it going to be a perfect transformation model?  I know right now you're having some issues with the cockpit...  And are you going to sell/provide pre printed sheets/printable sheets, with the textures on them?

re: tranformation...please read the title..

Kin's previous posts

"HI folks.. I'm busy working on a paper model Legioss apha fighter.

When finished, the paper models can be downloaded for free."

"This time I'll use more detail for the legs such as:

- missile hatches with missiles in it (duh)

- rear landing gear

- textures"

He never said perfect variable. I would have assumed it, but he then mentioned having some issues with the cockpit. I just had a few ideas as to work arounds for it.

As for the availability issue, this will be my first papercraft. I'm just wondering if I'll need to track down a good printer and some nice stock, or if I can just send some money at him and buy preprinted pages.

It's a really awesome model.

For Kin, are you planning on doing the textures yourself?

Kin,

That is simply AMAZING!!! :blink::blink::blink:

I just saw your thread and was glued to it since page one.

You not only voiced your dissatisfaction with what is out there but you planned out, engineered and contructed your own...and all after work :lol:

Very, very impressive. I can truely appreciated your work and your passion shows. Good job Kin!

I look forward to seeing your final product.

Thnx for charging me up with energy people. And yes, I had issues on the cockpit but that's easilly solved. I'm planning to make the cockpit with some detail like using transparent film for the canopy... the lot is still squary but not that bad.

I hate the society and money (still i got to eat though)

So everything will be free to download and free to edit.

I'm planning to draw the textures with photoshop after output in pepakura. I will be using 150 or 300 DPI output. Texturing is too difficult and time consuming with Lightwave 3D.

I've spend $200,- on a gakken... it's actually quite a bargain and I felt bit sorry for people who can't afford it.. and no company wants to reissue it so that's why it's free.

I'm sooo tired after work... but I finished making eps output of the leg for importing to photoshop... 150 DPI

Leg is going to have missile hatches, detailed exhaust and can transform correctly into armo diver mode (the heel turning backwards).

Tomorrow im gonna texture it with photoshop.... for now I'm going to bed. ;)

I've finished texturing the legs (without jointsystem)

I've converted the files into PDF format :)

legs.pdf

If u want to print it, don't forget to check if your printer is set to A4.

I'm suprised m crappy Epson s300 did a very nice sharp printjob. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kin

yay!!!!! I cant wait for the rest. I havent even seen Mospeada and I like the Alpha fighter. I must say having attempted some texture type things for game skins, your textures look killer clean and great. Keep it up. One other thing, are you gonna have a detailed instruction manual for assembly and transformation? I love paper models but am not the best at piecing them together, like the Monster Im currently working on.....the arms are sooooo crazy hard!? arghhh

maybe I'm slow but wouldn't the dotted fold lines show up in the final product and make it look bad (and not in a good way either).

You should see if you can make transformable versions of all the Macross Valkyries. There's so many of them and most of them have never been created as a 3D representation. I'd love to see a VF-3000 Crusader. That would kick so much ass. I know that someone has already made a battroid papercraft of this, but I wasn't impressed by it.

vinnie

I admit the foldlines are a bit of a problem... it takes a lot of time to fix that.

I could have exported the model to lines only but the flaps just overlap the surface and that's what I don't want.

But I'll try to fix it later with some effects.

But I've decided to keep it that way for the time being.. it doesn't look bad on the test model.. the dotted lines could be mistaken as rivets.

As for future papermodels... it may be possible to make one but I will need help from others. It's simply too much work.

Edited by Kin

I admit the foldlines are a bit of a problem... it takes a lot of time to fix that.

I could have exported the model to lines only but the flaps just overlap the surface and that's what I don't want.

But I'll try to fix it later with some effects.

But I've decided to keep it that way for the time being..  it doesn't look bad on the test model.. the dotted lines could be mistaken as rivets.

As for future papermodels... it may be possible to make one but I will need help from others. It's simply too much work.

Can you make the line super light grey and hairline thin?

I would offer my help because I'd love to see all of the Valkyries more than just pictures. However, I have no idea how to do the stuff you are doing, but I'm willing to help wherever you need me to.

We have Macross Design Works so we wouldn't have to worry about references.

vinnie

EDIT IN: How cool would it be to have all the Macross valkyries to scale on your shelf???!!!

Edited by justvinnie

OMG hehe how many types of valks excist? So much work :blink:

Valks are difficult to make... they have alot of curves, but focusing on one exclusive valk may be fun to do. Thanks for offering your help Vinnie.. I'm sure I'll gonna need it on a next project.

What would you choose for the project? :)

hey mate! If this is gonna be a team effort, Im willing to help somehow if possable.....

as for the fold lines, take a look at the paper MAC II Monster if you havent already. they use lines just a few shades diff from the surrounding color, and they look great.

Kin,

Just downloaded the legs and :blink::blink::blink:

Simply AMAZING!!! I am impressed. If you haven't already thought of it you should go professional...actually the fact that you did not go professional makes it possible for us to have it for free, that and the goodness in your heart :D

But seriously, good work man!

promethuem5 Posted on Aug 28 2004, 07:11 PM

hey mate! If this is gonna be a team effort, Im willing to help somehow if possable.....

as for the fold lines, take a look at the paper MAC II Monster if you havent already. they use lines just a few shades diff from the surrounding color, and they look great. 

promethuem 5

You are responsible for that MAC II Monster? I was very impressed with that as well, but I lost the file. Do you know when I can download another?

SDF comm.....oh no! I have NOTHING at all to do with the paper Monster, Im just building one right now.....lolol!! I do have the file tho, im not sure where you could download it from, but if you shoot me a PM w/ ur email, I will send it to you (its all one big Windows zip file)

Alright the next project is a Beta/Tread to scale. From my REF Field guide the Tread is a scosh bigger than a Valkyrie. Remember Jung's comparison of 1/48 Imai model to the 1/48 Valk toy? Well that is about the size difference on the Tread.

so is the whole alpha gonna be in color when your done? And is there a complete link of the whole alpha in color to download yet? Good job though!! :p:D:lol:

it's gonna be color when done... and a hell lot of work still to be done... so far the missile hatches works ok... now i have to make the missiles for the leg

so you'll post up a link do download the whole thing when your done? That would be cool. Let me know. thanx!!!