Valkyrie missiles

ewilen

From looking at Macross Perfect Memory (which covers the series), This is Animation: DYRL, and the DYRL film comics, I get the impression that Valkyries use the RMS-1 reaction missiles (nukes) in both the movie and the series, but they only use the AMM-1 (medium sized) missiles in the series, and conversely the UUM-7 micro-missile pods only appear in DYRL.

Is that right?

thats my view on it, personally I like the UUM-7 concept and pods better than the 3 missles. Course the 3 missile pods look better on other models.

By the way, know where I could get rather large Air to Air missles, thinking about doing wingtip ones for the Re-GZ along with 2 of the AMM-1 pods underwing.

BTW.....what was the correct missile ordinance for Hikaru's VF-1S at the end of DYRL? Near the beginning of the final battle (when he looks back towards the SDF-1) you can clearly see the right wing bearing two bundles of RMS-1 reaction missiles. But near the end of the final battle (where Hikaru's VF-1S departs the SDF-1) you can clearly see both wings bearing four UMM-7 pods.

Is this another animation mistake of DYRL?! :blink:

Yes you are right. The RMS-1 "Angel of Death" Reaction Weapons are the only wing pylon mounted weapons in both shows. The AMM triple missle racks are in the TV show only and the UMM multiwarhead pods are in DYRL only.

Now we need to find out why toy companies like Yamato keep giving their valks mixtures of the two missle types in their photos... logically DYRL units should only come with DYRL weaponry and vice versa for the TV units. Then again units like Toy Focker's VF-1S are almost unchanged between the TV and DYRL so I guess that logic goes out the window...

BTW.....what was the correct missile ordinance for Hikaru's VF-1S at the end of DYRL? Near the beginning of the final battle (when he looks back towards the SDF-1) you can clearly see the right wing bearing two bundles of RMS-1 reaction missiles. But near the end of the final battle (where Hikaru's VF-1S departs the SDF-1) you can clearly see both wings bearing four UMM-7 pods.

Is this another animation mistake of DYRL?! :blink:

Yes, I think I saw that as well when I was going over the pictures last night. Maybe he made a pit stop in between? :huh:

Related point--I don't think I ever saw a partially-expended UUM-7 pod. But since each pod holds 15 missiles, I guess it might not be visible from the front until the 11th was fired.

Related point--I don't think I ever saw a partially-expended UUM-7 pod. But since each pod holds 15 missiles, I guess it might not be visible from the front until the 11th was fired.

If you look reeeeeeeally close at Hikaru's Strike VF-1S after he blows up Badolza you'll see that he only has a few UMM missles left... and they make tic-tac-toe patterns! :lol: