Zentraedi Monitor Images

Jester

Anyone know where I can find some good line art images of the Zentraedi Monitor ?

Which ship are you refering to?

Officially, there is no Zjentohlauedy ship with that designation. Are you talking about the scout ship? It is more properly called picket (or picket ship) I know some fans have been mislead on the correct designations of ships. Unless, you are refering to the medium-scale gun destroyer (the ship Quamzin used at the end of the series)?

I believe the Zentraedi monitor is the Zentraedi cannon-ship (or the medium-scale gun destroyer as Nanashi said).

The best picture I could found is from McCain DTTS website : McCains/DITTS.

I believe that monitor is some kind of ship designation.

From Wikipedia I found this:

"The monitor as a class of warship reappeared in a rather different form during the First World War as a flat bottomed sea-going barge equipped with battleship-sized guns and intended for bombardment of the enemy coast. Several of these ships were still in existence, and a few more were built, to play a part in the Second World War."

The Zentraedi ship mentioned above fit perfectly into the above classification, replacing coast with planetary surface :p. Maybe the monitor designation came from the Robotech community, since they used it many times, just like when they called the Macross Buster Cannon as Reflex Cannon :D

Thats the one. Cheers :)

I found it in my copy of Perfect Memory after posting earlier. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other sources of line art or clear imagery of the Gun Destroyer.

Thats the one. Cheers :)

I found it in my copy of Perfect Memory after posting earlier. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other sources of line art or clear imagery of the Gun Destroyer.

Hmmm perhaps on a production design sheet.... I can't think of a source that has a larger image off the top of my head. Just the jungle covered wrecked version... well I tried to help oh well.