New movie trailers/teasers

Jolly Rogers

House of the Dead trailer

This is incredibly lame - the premise has NOTHING to do with the game's plot whatsoever. Once again we get a bunch of dumbass teenagers stranded in the wilderness... where are the government agents armed to the teeth taking down a mad scientist?!

The Punisher teaser

Could be promising...

Alien Director's Cut

I wonder how well is this movie gonna age...

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Just watched 'Alien' the other day. It ages quite well. Now, it seems more restrained and psychological when compared to the dreck that most of today's horror movies have become. The excellent score by Jerry Goldsmith, while extremely butchered, adds to its eerie majesty. I can't wait for this release.

Screw the other two. Marvel's winning streak could come to a streaking halt.

The excellent score by Jerry Goldsmith, while extremely butchered, adds to its eerie majesty.

Goldsmith's score did indeed rock. I caught Planet of the Apes on TV last weekend, and his creepy score in the first half hour of the movie was kind of a protoype for his Alien score. Good stuff!

Alien is a classic. I think people will be able to watch it for generations to come. Even though it is a SCI-FI movie, it doesn't rely on it - it's more of a suspense movie set in a SCI-FI world than anything. Ironically, Aliens, even though a kick-ass movie, I don't see aging as well simpy because of its action genre.

are any changes to be made to Alien ala SW special edition

No, Greedo doesn't shoot first in this version. :lol: Seriously though, I believe many if not all of the deleted scenes found in the DVD have been reinserted. It would be really cool if they could have somehow finished the "airlock" scene, but shooting new footage would be closer to the "Special Edition" than we're comfortable with.

Alien Director's Cut

I wonder how well is this movie gonna age...

I'm very eager to see this film. I loved the scenes on the special edition DVD. I think the film aged very well. The special effects for the alien suit was way ahead of its time. There are plenty of animatronics and aliens even on the latest episodes of Stargate or Star Trek that don't look nearly as good as the Alien.

are any changes to be made to Alien ala SW special edition

No, Greedo doesn't shoot first in this version. :lol: Seriously though, I believe many if not all of the deleted scenes found in the DVD have been reinserted. It would be really cool if they could have somehow finished the "airlock" scene, but shooting new footage would be closer to the "Special Edition" than we're comfortable with.

i saw the preview in theaters the other night. the deleted scene with Dallas is in the movie, maybe some others as well. maybe they'll rerelease Aliens as well, with the sentry gun scene.

Is anyone else looking foward to ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO (out this Friday). I'm not the biggest fan of Robert Rodriguez' work, but this movie looks like it'll be pretty damned good. You can't go wrong with Johnny Depp and Willam Dafoe was potential bad guys. Too bad I can't say the same about ol' Enrique Igesias (you KNOW he's gonna do major damage with that briefcase of his), not to mention the very yummy Salma Hayek and Eva Mendes. B)

Is anyone else looking foward to ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO (out this Friday). I'm not the biggest fan of Robert Rodriguez' work, but this movie looks like it'll be pretty damned good. You can't go wrong with Johnny Depp and Willam Dafoe was potential bad guys. Too bad I can't say the same about ol' Enrique Igesias (you KNOW he's gonna do major damage with that briefcase of his), not to mention the very yummy Salma Hayek and Eva Mendes. B)

HELL.

YEAH.

Desperado and From Dusk 'til Dawn kicked so much ass, i am there. the added bonus of the hotness of Eva Mendes and Salma Hayek is more than enough, but Rodriguez had great stories and action before he decided to start making kiddie movies. i hope he can bring it back! i hope this movie rocks!

Oh yeah. I'm going to see it opening night. I've both El Mariachi and Desperado. Gotta see Once Upon a Time in Mexico as well :)

i saw the preview in theaters the other night. the deleted scene with Dallas is in the movie, maybe some others as well. maybe they'll rerelease Aliens as well, with the sentry gun scene.

If we're thinking about the same scene, then that scene is already in the DVD, along with some other tidbits.

Edited by The Shade

The Punisher teaser

Could be promising...

I give it a 10% chance of success. The trailer didn't show much, and it is going to have to be really awesome to have anyone show up with all the other great super hero movies out there in the last 10 years. That movie will be fighting an uphill battle.

If we're thinking about the same scene, then that scene is already in the DVD, along with some other tidbits.

yeah, thats the one. it was in the DVD, but not the original release. so i guess this'll be the first time for it in theaters.