Another "Help me ID this anime" thread

I usually have no problem remembering shows I liked but this one has always bugged me. I have no clue about its title nor do I remember any character names, but its story is very familiar. This movie was an animated fantasy tale I saw during the early eighties, like around 1981 or 1982 (on betamax!). It was basically a retelling of Romeo and Juliet with Romeo being a member of a race that lived underwater. I'm not even sure if the movie was an anime, it could very well have been a European or American production. But this show really stuck in my head because it was the first time I saw animated characters kiss and die tragic deaths, making me realize how cool cartoons can really be. :) Does this show ring a bell for anyone?

Instead of creating new "What's this anime?" posts, we should just use the Anime Q&A Thread.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=ST&f=26&t=465

I don't think my query is appropriate for your thread, A7. I'm asking for help on identifying a specific title, not a critique of it.

But wow, this show doesn't familiar to anyone? The character design definitely had some Disney influence to it with the Juliet character looking like a Disney-esque fairy. I wish I could tell more about this movie, but that's really all I can remember. I think my folks were a little unnerved watching it with me because there was even some brief nudity in it :lol: