Southern Cross

i really like southern cross i was thinking of buying it off ebay since its so overpriced in retail stores. but i heard awhile back that one of the dvds didnt play and they had to send it back to get a replacement. Did they fixed it and restock stores or do they still have that problem or should i just find a bootleg then?

(the adv version i mean)

k thanks for the info about the disc and the website. i just might pick it up i really think its better than the 3rd series the new gen one it felt like a bad macross series wanna be to me.

Ouch! My heart bleeds....... :ph34r:

I think the original Mospeada version of New Gen is better. You can find it fairly cheap on ebay. keywords.... Mospeada :)

Check out Lebheads for brief snyps of the original versions of all three shows.

It's very easy to get the replacement DVD. Just send an email to ADV and they'll get one out to you quickly.

I too prefer SC to Mospeada, although I found that I enjoyed Mospeada much more in the original than in the Robotech version. SC has a few bad moments, but it also has some great moments. (One of my favorites is the scene where Jeanne (Dana) confronts Siefriet (Zor) in the hospital.)

Here's a question cyc, did the australian release of SC have the disc 4 video glitches?

You might have to describe the glitch better, and "jerky video" is such a vague term and I don't want to miss-understand :)

That said, I've re-watched ep 16 and 19 and apart from some scenes bouncing up and down to a small degree, there isn't anything I'd call jerky or annoying.

That said, Madman (officially) anounced they had the rights from Harmony Gold AFTER the ADV produced the "good" disc, so I can't confirm for you if the masters were at fault like ADV claimed or there was enough time for repaired masters to reach HG and then Madman.

Cyc

The jitter may be more noticeable to some people (and/or on some players) than others. Over at animeondvd, some people said it drove them crazy. I might not even have noticed it if I wasn't looking for it and if I didn't have the corrected version to compare.

What I see is sort of a "flutter". I think of "jitter" as a picture that bounces up and down. What I remember seeing is more like each frame containing a superimposed "ghost" of the preceding/succeeding frame.

Maybe on your DVD player/TV. On mine--neither of which I would call "top of the line", but reasonably good quality consumer grade--the glitch isn't that visible. Also, some DVD players have different settings for their video quality which may affect the visibility of the glitch.

This may be why some people reported the glitch and some didn't, even though all indications are that the discs were identical.