MPC fastpacks inexpensive

Solscud007

I picked up a Hikaru VF-1S armor pack from Kevin at the World Con 3 to go along with my 20 dollar Hikaru VF-1J MPC. I have to say for 25 dollars it is a great deal. That is until I put it on the MPC.

First lets take a look at the Fast Packs. When i bought them I immediately opened them up for examination. I showed them around to everyone. Kidk, XStoys, even Shwan. Looks wise they have a nice lookign product. then we looked at the boosters. they seem a bit skinny. Kinda like the banpresto supers. Other wise the detial of teh removable cover is a nice touch. The nose cone comes off but I dont know why. Its not like HG could make a Strike legally. Also it uses a trik similar to the Banpresto to keep the fast packs on the back.

The arm armors are nothing to rave about they look like any other arm armour. however they are collapsible. The whoel thing extends open and closes onto the arm. so it is a neat trick rather than the snap on bandai. although i like the snap on bandai.

The leg armor box (behind the legs) have the same telescoping trick to them. The side armor use magnets to keep teh outer cover on. (Chris B I think they copied your 1/48 Club M) j/k but the resemblance is uncannny.One gripe and maybe its because I used VF-1S armor on a VF-1J but the side armor would not press fit and stay onto the armor behind the legs. you know how the Bandai has a box thing and the side armor plus into that box? well the MPC does that but it refuses to stay on so I had to super glue it in place.

The large missles are the worst feature of the package. Toynami panel lined the entire thing. armor and all. Most pof it is sublte but the missles are a yellowy white and teh panel lines are thinck black. plus the method of attachement ont he wings is very weak. you breath on them and they fall off.

Due to teh lack of clicking like the Bandai or locking positions like the Yamato the MPC has difficulty in keeping the legs in fighter mode. they have a tendency to fall down regardless of HG's "wonder magnets"

post-18-1063078253_thumb.jpg

For a rare moment for me I actually like the MPC fast packs. Unlike the Millia 1J I have that is barely worth the $30 I paid for it, the fastpacks seem to be of better quality. Now I personally cant compare the MPC fp to the 1/48 but look at it this way I paid $25 for my millia fp set and for the 1/48 fp your looking at $60 including shipping. IMO they are well worth the $25 I paid for them now only if I could find something other then the MPC to put them on :).

IMO they are well worth the $25 I paid for them now only if I could find something other then the MPC to put them on :).

I have all three fast packs and think they are worth the price. I was hoping they would fit on the Bandai 1/55's but no such luck. If the legs would have been strong like on the Bandai 1/55's these would have been great.