Interesting Zoids pic

VF-17

it kinda looks like a Brain Bug from the uber-horrible Starship troopers movie. is that the thing they move their zoids around on?

damn am i the only one who actullay liked starship troopers..(not a great movie but a flicked that i liked.....plus cant go wrong with the co-ed showers :blink: )

There should be a park with 1/1 scale Zoids in it so the true scale of those things could be realised.

I like starship troopers too, the whole movie is insane.

what a lot of people don't get about Starship Troop' is that it was a parody about the way some powerfull nations make everyone else believe they can conquer all with their military superiority. If you see it with sarcasms is indeed a great movie, they are intended to be silly.

Same goes for Mars Attack wich is one of the best sarcastic modern films I have ever seen.

Everybody "got it" that Starship Poopers was a farce... that's about the only kind of movie Verhoeven can make. The major issue with Poopers is that Verhoeven directed it... if it had been a better director with an actual sense of tact, timing and talent it would have been a much better movie rather than the over the top comic travesty it was. The movie blows.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Can someone tell me why they made a 1/1 scale Zoid? What was it for?

the mega-molga was for the tomy zoids stand at a toy expo in japan this summer which highlighted the latest zoid models and the upcomming zoid fuzors tv series

OK, That answers my question.

Zoids never struck me as a big-time popular anime that, outside of a trade show for the toys, would warrant an expensive mock-up like that.

Everybody "got it" that Starship Poopers was a farce... that's about the only kind of movie Verhoeven can make. The major issue with Poopers is that Verhoeven directed it... if it had been a better director with an actual sense of tact, timing and talent it would have been a much better movie rather than the over the top comic travesty it was. The movie blows.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Can someone tell me why they made a 1/1 scale Zoid? What was it for?

Not just that but he had to turn a great sci-fi novel into a steaming pile of crap. you should all be aware Verhoeven never read the book. I liked robocop and few other movies he made, and some of the action sequences in SST the movie were kinda fun, but in the end it was a poorly executed pile of steaming alien goo.

Where's the Blade Liger? Or at least its head.

I'm not too keen on this Fuzors concept. It seems like a wasted effort. Does anyone remember what happened to the Transformers popularity (both the toys and the series) when the released the HeadMasters?

Quick note: I liked Starship Troopers. He may not have read the book, but that movie is the only thing that saved Paul Verhoeven's reputation in Hollywood after releasing that damned atrocity unto the world which we shall always remember as "Showgirls". Otherwise he'd be back in Europe doing more movies about the Black Plague-Hey, wait a minute. That would've been a good thing. On second thought, why did he have to make that lackluster adaptation? He should've stopped with Showgirls. Damn