1/100 Arii Destroid Spartan

Gundamhead

I took Arii's 1/100 Spartan and decided to make him look more like the hand to hand fighter he should be. The old Arii kit is pretty nice overall but I thought it could use some improvement. First I fixed his stance, his original stance reminded me of a horseshoe, and never struck me as intimidating. So I lowered his legs and gave him a cowboy swagger. Next were his hands. Big claw fingers that were meant for pounding giant aliens became the balled fists they should be. Much more proper. Spartans have a whopper of a cannon in their chests. Arii's kit lets you open the hatch, but there is no cannon. Well now he's got one. Spartans eventually seemed to take the role of policing the pockets of humanity after the Space War and got nice giant stun batons. So did mine. Now he looks ready to take on anything Quamzin (Kyhron) could hurl at him instaed of looking more like cannon fodder.

I'm toying with the idea in casting a few of the upgraded parts. Is there interst in buying some? It's thighs, hands, club, and cannon.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thewildki....src=ph&.view=t

Thanks for the praise. I'm just happy I got to finish a model, I've been working a lot of OT lately that's cut into modeling time. The thighs were actually shortened and bowed. I cut his open hands and modified his fingers into a fist. I got 3 or 4 more Spartans to do up, but the Defender, Tomahawk, and Phalynx are itching to join the crew.

Oh the color is IJN green. (Imperial Japanese Navy Green, you can get it from Model Master, but mine is Floquil's old color line)

I stuck in some more pics, but my camera sucks. The new parts are shown though next to the old.

There were no paper Monsters when I built him. He's my own design. Interesting idea though. But I think they'd be blocky and not sit right.

I used the line art from Perfect Memory and made up some rough plans and sketches. I think he's more acurate than either of the old 1/160 or 1/200 kits. Yellow subs is too 'customized' for my taste. He's solid resin and weighs a bit over 5 lbs and balances nicely. Nice testimony to the artists design in my opinion.

The prototype was made from various bits and ingredients. Styrene, resin, brass, epoxy putties, and a ton of crazy glue. Then I molded him and cast him. The one in the picture was the first all resin 1/100 Monster I made. I don't know if I want to make the next one crouching ready to fire, or taking a step forward. I still have the Defender on my brain.

There were no paper Monsters when I built him. He's my own design. Interesting idea though. But I think they'd be blocky and not sit right.

I used the line art from Perfect Memory and made up some rough plans and sketches. I think he's more acurate than either of the old 1/160 or 1/200 kits. Yellow subs is too 'customized' for my taste. He's solid resin and weighs a bit over 5 lbs and balances nicely. Nice testimony to the artists design in my opinion.

The prototype was made from various bits and ingredients. Styrene, resin, brass, epoxy putties, and a ton of crazy glue. Then I molded him and cast him. The one in the picture was the first all resin 1/100 Monster I made. I don't know if I want to make the next one crouching ready to fire, or taking a step forward. I still have the Defender on my brain.

:o:o:o

That's nuts!!!

Great Job...

I like the way sneaked that monster into a Spartan thread and we're all like "WTF???"

:lol::lol::lol: