auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

I think the price that these proto's are going for are just absurd.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...MEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

And here is something really silly

Shockwave and beer, two of peoples favorite things

Hey I have seen these here! They are friggin' kool! Fun to play with and the ultimate gift for a super lazy person. But there is a warning label ont he box -

-Do not operate while under the influence-

Rob MN

Monkey, can you find one of those things for LESS than fifty bucks shipped? It's my 21st this friday, and this.. this.. would be SO perfect....

Hey I have seen these here!  They are friggin' kool!  Fun to play with and the ultimate gift for a super lazy person.  But there is a warning label ont he box -

Rob MN

Monkey, can you find one of those things for LESS than fifty bucks shipped? It's my 21st this friday, and this.. this.. would be SO perfect....

Gratz Green Guy :D

Hey I have seen these here!  They are friggin' kool!  Fun to play with and the ultimate gift for a super lazy person.  But there is a warning label ont he box -

Rob MN

hey greenguy... remind me to get you drunk the next time I see you :rolleyes:

Whats your poison of choice so I can have it on hand?

what a crock... calling it "Mint" I can clearly see curling and seperation in the stickers... let alone the fact that the stickers have already been applied, missing the figure, box dents (duh, then the box is not mint)... and starting the bid at 999.99?

This isn't a MW person is it?

what a crock... calling it "Mint" I can clearly see curling and seperation in the stickers... let alone the fact that the stickers have already been applied, missing the figure, box dents (duh, then the box is not mint)... and starting the bid at 999.99?

I'd be careful with who you call a crook, Noel (Black Aces) is a great part of the community and everything you described is stated on the auction.

He has helped many member attain their Macross and other anime merchandise in the past and I'm sure will continue to do so.

Noel also does a service for us by bringing us the Wonderfest reports for an early peek at the new Macross products.

I can understand if you don't agree with the price but let's not be hasty with labeling them as crooks. :angry:

I'd be careful with who you call a crook, Noel (Black Aces) is a great part of the community and everything you described is stated on the auction.

He has helped many member attain their Macross and other anime merchandise in the past and I'm sure will continue to do so.

Noel also does a service for us by bringing us the Wonderfest reports for an early peek at the new Macross products.

I can understand if you don't agree with the price but let's not be hasty with labeling them as crooks. :angry:

What EXO Said. The fact that this toy is extremely OLD, it is in excellent conditon. If I had been the one who listed it I would have said it was mint as well.

I want to reneg the fact that he called him a crook... he said what a crock. I've been seeing to many mispellers lately and I'm starting decipher words for myself for no reason.

I'm going to leave my statement uneditted, so take what you will fom it.

I want to reneg the fact that he called him a crook... he said what a crock.  I've been seeing to many mispellers lately and I'm starting decipher words for myself for no reason.

Well I'm pretty much keeping the standard grading scales in mind (I can supply you many, many links to grading scales):

SWFigures.com

I would classify it as a solid 9 (maaaaayyyybbbeeeee a 9.5)... i.e. NOT MINT

And your right I said CROCK as in Crock of Shiznit, not crook... a crook would be someone trying to sell my '81 VW as "mint"

Age and rarity in mind... it probably is worth $1000 as a 9+. My argument is the word "Mint" I see a lot of crap labeled as "Mint" on Ebay that is in no way mint "Near Mint" yes (Shelf wear is "near mint").

Edited by Southcross

Please don't think I'm trying to start a flame war but:

Google search for: Toy Condition Grading Scale

Most grading scales, regardless of the terminology, follow the pretty much the same guidelines. A toy is a toy is a toy. I chose a SW site for my example (by far more SW collectors, also clear description of conditions), not to compare SW to Mospeada. If you have a Mospeada source site that lists a different grading scale, please post it. I would like to see it.

Just to set things straight Noel, no one called you a crook. That was a goof on my part. :rolleyes:

Look... this guy wouldn't steal candy from a baby...

post-22-1063909649.jpg<--- my niece :) with Noel

but he's been known to sneak a french fry of someone's plate...

j/k

:p

Perhaps I should point out that it says "Box is mint" and "Toy itself is in great mint condition." Not to mention that the pictures don't show the stickers peeling, it says the box is bent, nothing relates to the figure. So reading all of it is key. As for grading the item, I definitely agree with Noel here. I never grade an item - one person's definition of the grade is different from another's. Anyone that sells cards (like baseball cards) knows what I'm talking about. If you have something halfway decent it has to be graded. Most people won't bid unless it is. But you can't grade it yourself - you have to send it off to have it graded, and half the time your buyer will demand to see the actual thing. I just provide an accurate description.

I'm going to put this delicatly, because I see this is going to become a debate with no ending. And I see how a lot of people debate around here. I have summerized my three page reply down to this:

You do realize you are debating against what was originally someone's opinion… An opinion…  An opinion being blow out of proportion because you don’t like how I interpret the description of the item.  Besides the fact that I was not the one who thought it was "absurd" to begin with. 

As I have stated I "do not" know the value of said leigos.  I make no claim that the item is being mis-valued nor based upon the description of the item that it is being mis-represented.  This is over my interpretation of the word "mint" and how its being used (context, etc).

My reference to the condition of the "stickers", if you look at picture number 4 (at the legs) you can see seperation (white haze behind the sticker).  I see that and that red flags to me, "not Mint".  Now it is quite possible it might be an optical illusion (reflections from the flash, etc).  And your right, Its my perogative to not bid on the item, and your right I wouldn't (not with a starting bid of $999 that is)  It is a fine piece and I personally would love to add it to my collection.

If your don't like my opinions, do what everyone else that knows me does... Ignore me ;)

I'm notorious for not putting IMO before my posts, thats me, been me for way too long and I can't find a replacement me...

I'd say since they're already marked up before you consider the $22-$32 shipping (from Hong Kong), and since you can still get them from Tam and Kevin, that this qualifies as absurd:

MACROSS 20 Characters Sharpener Figures -Full

Edited by Draykov

I want to reneg the fact that he called him a crook... he said what a crock.  I've been seeing to many mispellers lately and I'm starting decipher words for myself for no reason.

Well I'm pretty much keeping the standard grading scales in mind (I can supply you many, many links to grading scales):

SWFigures.com

I would classify it as a solid 9 (maaaaayyyybbbeeeee a 9.5)... i.e. NOT MINT

And your right I said CROCK as in Crock of Shiznit, not crook... a crook would be someone trying to sell my '81 VW as "mint"

Age and rarity in mind... it probably is worth $1000 as a 9+. My argument is the word "Mint" I see a lot of crap labeled as "Mint" on Ebay that is in no way mint "Near Mint" yes (Shelf wear is "near mint").

Anyone who thinks that an original Japanese issue Legioss is worth $1000 PLEASE PM ME! I will gladly sell you a Green one in C9 box with all accessories (including pilot), missiles still in bag, and stickers applied for half that price. Shipped even. Then you can put it on eBay and double your money. No kidding.

Ha! I don't like potatoes, so it wasn't my plate!!! lol!

Price is all in what someone is willing to pay for an item. Personally I think some items of Noels are a little pricey, but can you really put a price on those rare items and what someone is willing to pay for them. Noel has come through for quite a few members here and ive had personal dealings with him. He is very straight forward and a good guy,,,,,,,,,,,,now have a french fry.

Noel if your ever in my area, drop on by and Ill make fries and hamburgers on the grill no need to try other peoples :) ,,,,

and not to like poetatoes EXO, you obviously havent tried my chedder garlic mashed before ;)

This guy. I dont think i have ever seen neg feedback points...paintball silencers

what do you guys think towel rolls painted and glittered up>>??ANO

Paint Rollers.

What's worse is one idiot actually bought one before.

I'd say since they're already marked up before you consider the $22-$32 shipping (from Hong Kong), and since you can still get them from Tam and Kevin, that this qualifies as absurd:

MACROSS 20 Characters Sharpener Figures -Full

$86 buy it now?!? :blink:

plus shipping.

Geez <_<

i know every one is waiting for a real vf-1 but right now you can own your own military fighter,  a mig-21mf it even still has a working engine only 186,500$ mig auction

I smell project.....

If it was a SU then i might have to sell everything and just move into that...

Parents""what , you wanna buy a what, you wanna gonna get a loan for what..??"

Me'"yeah guys a Su-27, no one wil be able to shoot me down..its fast and manuverable""..SU

Edited by orguss01

i know every one is waiting for a real vf-1 but right now you can own your own military fighter,  a mig-21mf it even still has a working engine only 186,500$ mig auction

I smell project.....

If it was a SU then i might have to sell everything and just move into that...

Parents""what , you wanna buy a what, you wanna gonna get a loan for what..??"

Me'"yeah guys a Su-27, no one wil be able to shoot me down..its fast and manuverable""..SU

If you tried to get a loan for that, the loan officer would probably laugh you out of the bank. (or think "Yeah, and FAA people saying 'I'm here to help' are also telling the truth)