auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Holy crap for the Bandai version?!  That's a lot of money!

374669[/snapback]

not really. Now here is a deal if you luve in italy...

Item number: 6040110688

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Takatoku-Sdf-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

pick-up only

still... BIN $275 for a taka 1/3000 sdf-1 with box :blink: . If I lived in italy I'd be making a drive... ;)

Transformers bootleg Knock off Rumble.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6040581091

377339[/snapback]

Yes, but you have to admit, "YOU NEVER SEEN THIS B4!!1111!!!" :lol:

Was anybody else checking this Mospeada Ride Armor out? Nice piece, but I've never seen one go for that much. I placed a bid on it several days ago at $186.00, and it more than doubled by the end :blink:

Yep Hiriyu, I was watching it also. That's the second time I've seen it go for $400+ but typically it doesn't break $250. I don't know why it has such random peaks in price. I was planning to bid $220 on it...

Wow, those amor prices are going higher and highers.

Lets ee. $19 original sale price everywhere, and even at that price not everyone wanted them, now it's over $100. It seems right now it has the higher resale value than most of the other Toynami or Yamato stuff.

Edited by F360°

Wow, those amor prices are going higher and highers.

Lets ee. $19 original sale price everywhere, and even at that price not everyone wanted them, now it's over $100.  It seems right now it has the higher resale value than most of the other Toynami or Yamato stuff.

378147[/snapback]

No kidding! I remember buying mine on Ebay with a BIN.... $37 for all 3 sets from Valktronics. And he had a bunch of them..... if I could only turn back the clock......

Yep Hiriyu, I was watching it also.  That's the second time I've seen it go for $400+ but typically it doesn't break $250.  I don't know why it has such random peaks in price.  I was planning to bid $220 on it...

377514[/snapback]

Two reasons:

First, that is an exceptionaly mint/complete example of the Japanese manufactured issue.

Second, it's the very first issue with the firing missile launchers. 99% of the ones out there come with the launchers disabled and glued in place. That makes it pretty much the rarest variant on this toy.

Wish I had seen that auction in time.

Two reasons:

First, that is an exceptionaly mint/complete example of the Japanese manufactured issue.

Second, it's the very first issue with the firing missile launchers.  99% of the ones out there come with the launchers disabled and glued in place.  That makes it pretty much the rarest variant on this toy.

379241[/snapback]

Thanks for the info, Greg. I knew that it was an original Japanese issue, but didn't know about the missiles... So there is a variant in the Japanese packaging, but without the firing missiles? I knew that was true of the Henshin Robo releases since I had owned one, but had assumed that all the japanese ones had firing missiles.

I'll keep you in the loop next time I see one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamato-Macross-1-48-VF...1QQcmdZViewItem

The item is cheap but shipping is a real bitch!

379673[/snapback]

Boy i love it when they do that. Makes it look you're getting a real deal until you realize you have to eat it in the shipping costs. :rolleyes:

379675[/snapback]

seller is just trying to avoid ebay fees.

Two reasons:

Second, it's the very first issue with the firing missile launchers.  99% of the ones out there come with the launchers disabled and glued in place.  That makes it pretty much the rarest variant on this toy.

379241[/snapback]

Thanks for the info, Greg. I knew that it was an original Japanese issue, but didn't know about the missiles... So there is a variant in the Japanese packaging, but without the firing missiles? I knew that was true of the Henshin Robo releases since I had owned one, but had assumed that all the japanese ones had firing missiles.

I'll keep you in the loop next time I see one.

379448[/snapback]

Thanks Hiriyu. Yes, there is also a variant that comes in the Japanese box, but the toy is marked Made in Singapore. All the ones I know of are:

1) Japanese box 1st issue firing missiles Made in Japan (Rarest)

2) Japanese box disabled missiles Made in Japan

3) Japanese box disabled missiles Made in Singapore

4) Henshin Robo box disabled missiles Made in Singapore

5) Robotech Box disabled missiles Made in Singapore

6) Robotech Harmony Gold box disabled missiles Made in Singapore (also pretty rare)

and maybe

7) There may have been a bootleg of this toy that had all black wheels, and the rider figure has all red upper arms and shoulders, with firing red missiles. Cannot confirm as I saw it loose on ebay but the seller said he had not painted anything.

So, no one is going to mention the $2k+ Tread that just sold?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

379728[/snapback]

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18131

379743[/snapback]

Thanks, I searched but didn't find a current thread. To be fair, I don't think it's absurd to pay a lot for something this rare, it's still amazing to see.

Edited by Pat S

*gasps for air*

You have got to be kidding me! How stupid could those people be? For two and half thousand dollars, one could hire the best toy maker in the business to build a custom mecha with so much more detail and accuracy than that chunk of toilet-seat scrap being sold on ebay. Even better, you'd be the evny of every collector with a custom creation. Where is the win?

"What a piece of junk!"

Edited by Mr March

Isn't he the same dude that paid $550 for the shilled Low-Vis, than paid $455 for what appears to another shilled Low-Vis. And now a 2.5K plastic? This guy must have won lottery. He suddenly appears on the Ebay scene and swagged a whole lot of Macross related goodies with an unlimited cheque book. Wouldn't it be great if he is one of my bidder :rolleyes: .

So, no one is going to mention the $2k+ Tread that just sold?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

379728[/snapback]

Edited by Mowe

Yep. That would be me. eBay had a 10 cent listing day so I was curious if people were actually interested in purchasing it for such a high amount based on the previous LowVis auction. I don't really intend to sell it, but if it goes for $750 USD, I won't complain. Personally, if I didn't have it, I would probably pay $400 USD. Maybe $500 USD. Heck, I paid $400 CDN for a Bandai VF-1A Hikaru Loose 5 years ago... then Bandai re-releases it... I'm still trying to get over it :(

There's actually 12 people watching it right now on eBay. How many of the 12 are you guys who are just curious, I don't know, but I didn't think people would even consider at that price.

UNSpacy

Canadian Division

Another insane  LV

380928[/snapback]

i may be wrong but i think this is a mw member

381195[/snapback]

Can't blame you for testing the water. There had been a few crazy bidders out there recently. Who knows, you might be lucky.

I notice this too, whenever ebay give out 10 cent listing rates there are some that list items at higher prices. That is a very very good idea, because if it sells you'll make a higher profit but if it doesn't, you'll will still have 90 days to relist it again at whatever price you want and ebay will credit that listing for you if it sell.

i wasn't sure about the crediting on special rates until a fellow Macrossworld member told me. Thanks commissioner

Still have a minor question, if I change my user id name, will I still have my old feedback record?

Edited by F360°