auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

that's just one way of getting around Ebay's excessive fees. you get billed a percentage of your final value fee.  There is no percentage on the shipping fees.

That's why it's listed for such a low price, you end up paying for the whole thing anyways. But ebay sees it as a few bucks and only hits you (the seller) for a few cents.

I've done this in the past when someone here wanted an online record of the transaction through EBAY.  I just listed the item with BUY IT NOW for $1 and the total cost of the item is put into the shipping costs. I've also done it where I put in the auction, only BIDS from certain user name accepted just in case someone sees it before the intended buyer and tries buying it, i can say they didn't follow the rules listed so i don't have to honor it, blah, blah, blah.

Just found another one of those HERE I wrote the guys and he wanted 182$ to ship the item to Canada. I told him at this price that he better teleport it or something.

But you are forgetting his Buy it now price is ultra low.. at $1.89.( there just no way you can get a PG for this price) For the buyer it doesn't really matter, because you'll be paying the same,, he's just billing more on the shipping. By doing this the seller can save a few $$ on ebay fees. As long as the total is the same does it really matter? It's the buyers responsibility to check on how much you'll be paying for total anyways. I always check before bidding.

i am not sure but is this to high or is this how much they go for? i would love to get one of these but i may have to get a recast becaue it is way to much for me, by the way is this seller a member here his user name looks familiar

1/48 Ultimate Detail Strike Valk

chris

i am not sure but is this to high or is this how much they go for? i would love to get one of these but i may have to get a recast becaue it is way to much for me, by the way is this seller a member here his user name looks familiar

1/48 Ultimate Detail Strike Valk

chris

Yup. I believe he is the member here. He is good and honest seller. I purchased some from him in the past.

Wish I have 1/48 VF-1S, but at first I gotta win the lotto :huh: or make a surprise trip to the bank :ph34r: . I may settle down for recast 1/48. I believe Hobbyfan.com is selling a recast 1/48 VF-1S. :)

WTF? MPC Roy

Wow! Talk about shill bidding at it's finest! Wouldn't be surprised if this pops back up relisted!

Top bidder account was created on the 5th, has only bid on this one auction.

other two zero feedback users were created on the 4th, both from mexico?? both have only bid on this auction except for one which is bidding on another vf-1s.

Edited by Chowser

WTF? MPC Roy

Wow! Talk about shill bidding at it's finest! Wouldn't be surprised if this pops back up relisted!

Top bidder account was created on the 5th, has only bid on this one auction.

other two zero feedback users were created on the 4th, both from mexico?? both have only bid on this auction except for one which is bidding on another vf-1s.

Oh yeah? Now this auction. $300 for a MPC Roy? Holy crap. Hell I might sell mine if it reaches $450. :lol:

Good grief. Pressed cardboard is worth more than gold now.

Ebay

heh if it didnt cost so much id buy it and turn it into a giant Macross model rocket :-p

Id like to get it, fly it around the appartment when i get all tipsy, have my girlfriend leave me( cuz they hate that "S", esp if ya make flying sounds), lose the apartmnet, then live in it.... :lol:

Edited by orguss01

VF-1S Valk :o

Could have gotten a Yamato 1/48 Roy with that kind of $$$ :lol: ! Sheesh, what is this person thinking?

Is it just me seeing an optical illusion???:wacko::blink:, or does that Valk's ass on the boxart look weird??

If you think the boxart is weird, you've never seen what's inside. The actual product is the absolute worst representation of a Valkyrie ever created. Joke Machines and Morphers at least have a certain novelty (to some, anyway); this thing is nothing more than another HG abomination. However, this toy does make HG's MPC line look like masterpieces.

And frankly, I'd rather have the buyer waste money on this and leave the Yammies for those who truly appreciate them.

Could have gotten a Yamato 1/48 Roy with that kind of $$$ :lol: ! Sheesh, what is this person thinking?

Is it just me seeing an optical illusion???:wacko::blink:, or does that Valk's ass on the boxart look weird??

I dunno know about the ass but, on the actual toy, it looks like they gave the skull one a VF-1J head with some VF-1S type lasers.

Just a craptacularly executed toy production from an american company trying to make a japanese toy. The real crime is the price someone just paid for it.

I dunno know about the ass but, on the actual toy, it looks like they gave the skull one a VF-1J head with some VF-1S type lasers.

Just a craptacularly executed toy production from an american company trying to make a japanese toy. The real crime is the price someone just paid for it.

Hey, Is this your auction Gabe??

MPC Roy ;)

Yup, that's mine.

I'm relisting because some deadbeat won my auction and never paid me. He kept stringing me along, telling me he was gonna pay me.

Anyway, I hope I unload this on somebody cuz I'm broke as a joke.

Yup, that's mine.

I'm relisting because some deadbeat won my auction and never paid me. He kept stringing me along, telling me he was gonna pay me.

Sold for $275 shipped. You bastard :p:D:lol: ! Sheesh I had a hard time unloading these last year for $55 shipped here on the boards. TIme for evil bay before their prices go up in February :rolleyes: !

And frankly, I'd rather have the buyer waste money on this and leave the Yammies for those who truly appreciate them.

well said. :)

i don't want the assbag RT wagon tipping over on the yammie trail. last thing we need is to make 1/48's even more expensive then they already are.

Yup, that's mine. 

I'm relisting because some deadbeat won my auction and never paid me.  He kept stringing me along, telling  me he was gonna pay me. 

Sold for $275 shipped. You bastard :p:D:lol: ! Sheesh I had a hard time unloading these last year for $55 shipped here on the boards. TIme for evil bay before their prices go up in February :rolleyes: !

The funny thing is, I bought it for 60 bucks shipped back when they were all over eBay. I seriously cannot understand the appeal of the MPCs.

Wow... looking at that Mac+ auction... all I can say is I'm glad I got mine for what I did... all I need is the VY-11BFP... apparently I overpayed for a YF-21FP sealed for 90 bucks... but meh, its still better than the poor sap is gonnapay in that auction.

For you football fans out there ... need a kicker?

LACES OUT!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What was that?? :huh:... "this listing (7128560846) has been removed by evilBay..."

it was an auction for the Jets field goal kicker that couldn't hit the side of a barn the other day. :lol: it was up to 99,999,999,990.00 before it got closed.

Whoa, what the crap, I just noticed that Battlepod... That's a Playmates re-release from the look of it (grey instead of blue legs). Yikes, I've bought two MIB Matchbox battlepods in the last year or so and each were around $50...

Hey, if that POO auction is fake it'd still be something funny to own. Not that I would own it, but it is funny.

probably a fake kinda stupid if you ask me. the stuff people sell on ebay, the worst thing is that they know there is always someone out there that is idiotic enough to bid and buy it.

chris