what stuff to customize first

kanata67

Ok boys and girls. I finally got the box of debris I have been waiting on from canada for months now and I get to start some new projects. They will all get done sooner or later but I figured I would start off with whatever you guys want to see first.

Projects already in progress enough for me to have made [but not uploaded] web pages for, but not finished yet are...

1. 1/55 spawn manga violator custom valk [needs some external finishing, but I am proud of the blood/gore splattered cockpit LOL]

2. 7" spawn tomahawk [needs decals, or not... I haven't decided]

3. 7" H2O camo tomahawk [ I still need to add a jamaican flag and pot leaf decal]

4. SDF-1 main-cannon repair walk through [i have one SDF-1 breakage type done but haven't gotten to the second style break on the other SDF yet]

As well as...

5. Making a matchbox VF transform [Watch me try pics]

6. Making a 1/55 spawn exoskeloton valk

7. Spawn matchbox glaug

8. spawn 7" zentraedi power armor

and when I figure out how to...

9. scout pod conversion of a matchbox tactical pod

10. Removable fast-packs for the 1/100 die-cast valks [Leg armor done but attaching arm armor has me stumped so far]

At some undefined point in the future I am also planning on trying ...

Spawn custom SDF-1

Spawn 1/55 GBP-1s [As I learn to recast and get scraps]

Making a GI Joe night raven into a transformable valk [i am not optamistic]

Yep... As you might have guessed... most of the stuff in my bits box is spawn crap, hence the spawn theme LOL. If some-one were to give me some GI JOE vehicle weapons there's no telling what would happen LOL. I can post pics of the first four things now, and of the next four as I go. The last two are going to take some serious four-thought so they are on hold unless you have input/ideas.

Soooooo..... What do you guys think? Input? Suggestions? Ideas?

Donation of parts or broken toys???? ;)

Here's a pic of some of the destroids so far...

LOL, Kanata... you're a garage artist... pretty cool stuff. I'm gonna have to hand over my 1/60 Monster "Bong" project to you, man!!!

:lol:

Give me the dimensions of one of the cannons, if the can be removed individually, and consider it done LOL. Not that I don't have more experience building "non-macross" customs :lol: .

If it makes you feel any better Agent ONE, I am also going to document

Refurbishing a super O'

Painting and assembling resin 1/55 super O', Seeker, GBP-1s, and strike armor.

Performing a super o' conversion

performing a seeker conversion

Dis-assembly/re-assembly of a 1/55

as well as misc repairs as broken stuff finds it's way to me.

I'm interested in the Spawn Matchbox Glaug. What kind of plans do you have to give it a Spawn theme???

hey bigkid...

I never have any plans when I do anything that isn't something that must meet code enforcement LOL. Basically, I wing it as I go. As such, some things are cool and others are not so cool. Sometimes A thought occurs and I kinda plan, but my kinda is basically going "this would look cool glued on/mounted on ..." and making it work. Familiarity with power tools and owning a dremmel helps. To give you an idea... here is a pic of all the custom worthy stuff I got from canada besides the matchbox vf. I say spawn worthy because what else is this crap good for??? :lol:

I tinkered with the power armor last night. I also took lots of pics as I "planned" what I was going to do. I put "planned" in quotes as my planning basically consists of going through my bits box, primarily spawn refuse, and seeing what would look good. [god how I miss the bitz box I had back in school with all my and my friends broken GI Joe vehicles and other cool stuff]

In fact... After doing a head swap on the power armor, I am left with a couple choices... what do you guys think looks coolest?

here it is after the head swap. Like all my work, the head still rotates fully and the toy can be picked up by it.

I believe this set of wings came off a series 2 or 3 spawn, but don't feel the need to dig through the closet to see which. Heck, I don't feel like digging through the closet to see which 7 spawn figures I need to have the first 18 series complete :rolleyes: .

You can see this doesn't even qualify as dry fitting as any choice besides the zoid boosters [which just happened to have posts that fit in screw holes] will require some modification. I refuse to simply glue stuff on as I always disliked models for lack of structurable stability so I make sure my mods can be played with by a five year old. I don't care if they choke as long as the toy doesn't break :lol:

so which version do you guys think looks best?

Edited by kanata67

one nice thing about toy "merging", rather than just having a box of broken bits, is that you usually end up with two customs at the end rather than one. Even nicer is when the thing used as parts turns out cooler than expected with less effort...

what would hikaru think when confronted with this in a dark alley.....?!?!

one nice thing about toy "merging", rather than just having a box of broken bits, is that you usually end up with two customs at the end rather than one. Even nicer is when the thing used as parts turns out cooler than expected with less effort...

what would hikaru think when confronted with this in a dark alley.....?!?!

Mwwwaaaahahhahahaha, I want that!!!

Vostok 7