About PS2 Macross Game

leo

Sega AM-2 Macross Ps2

I just really want to know the moves durring game play.

I don't know how to do a belly roll durring plane and the walker mode. I've accidentally done it a couple of time, but I couldn't duplicated the move over. I wonder if someone could give me some hints on that. Also, when you use your head laser to shoot down enemy missle durring robot mode, where do you aim (or look at for a lock?) I try using L1 to lock on it but all I got is the enemy and no missle. THX in advance..

L,

Edited by leo

Guest Khyron_Prime

I'm not sure about the fighter manuver, but I would like to know, too!

As for battloid mode's shooting down of missiles, you need to think about the missiles in the same way that you do enemies. In essence, the gunpod (in the game) has an automatic lock-on for nearby hostiles so you can unload on 'em. So, as the missiles come close enough, your gunpod computer will identify them with the same crosshairs as it would when you are head-to-head with a Glaug. Move your battloid's facing-direction to find the closest missiles, and press the trigger; then quickly press left, right, down, or up to face the next missile, as they don't all travel in a straight line, and shoot down the next one. In most cases, your battloid will target the closest missile in your current facing-direction, and you can blast it out of the sky before it gets there.

I've been away from games for a long time now, and I'm thinking on getting one of the new platforms.

As always I choose the platform according to the games I like the most, so here's my question: Is this new Macross game available for X-box too, or just PS-2? and: Is this Macross game as "user friendly" as the VFX2 game? I remember that the first VFX controls were a bitch to use.

Thanks guys :)

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I've been away from games for a long time now, and I'm thinking on getting one of the new platforms.

As always I choose the platform according to the games I like the most, so here's my question: Is this new Macross game available for X-box too, or just PS-2? and: Is this Macross game as "user friendly" as the VFX2 game? I remember that the first VFX controls were a bitch to use.

Thanks guys :)

The Macross game is a PS2 game only and its an import. Meaning it won't work on a US system without some kind of mod.

The game itself is far more enjoyable than VF-X2 ever was. The controls are easy and the menus for the game are in English.

Wow! Those are great graphics. One thing bothers me though: Can you pilot other Valks beside the VF-1? I mean I love DYRL and everything, but the PS2 is not exactly cheap and there's so many cool Valkiries out there. :unsure:

You can pilot the VF-4, the Super Ostrich and the Elint Seeker. The last two really suck to play as. The VF-4... eh its ok.

Anyone know of any good FAQs for Macross?

I mean, you get a Japanese Gundam game that's really self-explanitory, and there's info galore. You want info on a Macross game, you're up a certain creek without a paddle...

Sega AM-2 Macross Ps2

I don't know how to do a belly roll durring plane and the walker mode. I've accidentally done it a couple of time, but I couldn't duplicated the move over. I wonder if someone could give me some hints on that. Also, when you use your head laser to shoot down enemy missle durring robot mode, where do you aim (or look at for a lock?) I try using L1 to lock on it but all I got is the enemy and no missle. THX in advance..

L,

To roll, press and hold right, then press left quickly (or vice versa)

Also, about shooting the missiles down, just press and hold the head lasers button and they should shoot the missiles down automatically.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I haven't played the game in weeks. But from what I can remember......if you want to bypass the Gerwalk Mode (i.e. Battroid straight to Fighter Mode or vice versa) it's R1 + R2.

The VF-4 seems to have a litte more firepower due to it's dual guns. But you DON'T get a head lazer in Battroid Mode AND can't use Fast Packs.

It's almost near impossible to unlock the last two VF-1S Valkyries (Roy and Hikaru). But it don't think it makes the game any different (you may get a different movie IF you use Hikaru in ARMD Level-7).

I hope that AMD-2 plans to release a sequel to this game. ONLINE gameplay is a MUST. :ph34r:

You'll see THIS screen if you play your cards right.

post-6-1088371951_thumb.jpg

Just finished both stories, but I haven't unlocked everything yet.

In the end, I feel that Macross for PS2 was REALLY overrated. I know a lot of the board members LOVE SDF and DYRL and tolerate everything that came after, and maybe those fans want to relive all those moments... but I'm not one of them. I'm tired of Gundam games that can't get out of the One Year War, and I'm not for Macross running Space War One to death, either. To that end, games like M3, that tell about some of the 30 year gap between the end of Space War One and the events of Macross plus, or games like VF-X2 that have great stories and continue to expand the Macross universe, make for better games.

A side-effect of the above problem is, Space War One really only has several flavors of VF-1. It was kind of a blessing when I finished the ARMD story and got the VF-4. Set a Macross game in 2050, and you could potentially have every variable weapon Kawamori's come up with so far, plus any new ones he feels like whipping up for the game. And while a lot of people like the VF-1 the best, I prefer the VF-22, so...

Well, okay, I'll stop griping about what I'd rather have in a Macross game, and take the game as it is... oh, wait, I still have complaints.

Gerwalk mode was crap in this game! I want to flip over and whip around corners like Millia did in Macross 7, not akwardly try to turn my nose toward a door.

Graphically, I felt that Sega could have done a lot more. Sure, it's better than VF-X2, but VF-X2 was on the first PlayStation. The PS2 Macross game is still very blocky, and a few lighting effects wouldn't hurt. Maybe AM-2 should ask Namco how they're getting Ace Combat 5 to look so good...

Finally, the game was WAY too short. I started playing yesterday, and I'm done today. Yeah, yeah, I know, I got more stuff to unlock. Well, I'd probably care a whole lot more except I already have a VF-1J, a VF-1A, and a VF-1S... what's another paint job to me? All the missions were pretty much the same anyway... intense dogfight after intense dogfight, with a few ground levels thrown in here and there. It wouldn't have hurt them to try to come up with some more variety in the missions.

Well, those complaints aside, Sega AM-2 did do a nice job with the Fighter mode. 'Bout time I got some yaw controls in Macross! I guess their experience with the Aero Wings/Aero Dancing series helps. Battroid wasn't bad, either, and it was nice to see someone finally make use of the head lasers in a game. In the end, Macross isn't a bad game... it's just not the greatest Macross game in the world, and there's a lot of room for improvement. Now if we can talk AM-2 into making those improvements, we'll have a truly great game on our hands.

Sega AM-2 Macross Ps2

I don't know how to do a belly roll durring plane and the walker mode.  I've accidentally done it a couple of time, but I couldn't duplicated the move over.  I wonder if someone could give me some hints on that.  Also, when you use your head laser to shoot down enemy missle durring robot mode, where do you aim (or look at for a lock?)  I try using L1 to lock on it but all I got is the enemy and no missle.  THX in advance..

L,

To roll, press and hold right, then press left quickly (or vice versa)

Also, about shooting the missiles down, just press and hold the head lasers button and they should shoot the missiles down automatically.

Thx for the Tips, will try it tonight. ..

I do argree that the walker mode really sucks in this game(PS2).. and the control was kinda restrictive ... I love the control on the Robotech Battle Cry (Xbox) the degree of freedom is higher but the graphics wasn't as good and sharp (Cartoonish) as the PS2 DYRL. I just wish the next one comes out will have the best of the 2 games. (Control + Graphics). Also, What's so special about that screens?? Posted above?? Partern me for not learning Japanese while I was a kid ;)

L,

Edited by leo

Just finished both stories, but I haven't unlocked everything yet.

In the end, I feel that Macross for PS2 was REALLY overrated. I know a lot of the board members LOVE SDF and DYRL and tolerate everything that came after, and maybe those fans want to relive all those moments... but I'm not one of them. I'm tired of Gundam games that can't get out of the One Year War, and I'm not for Macross running Space War One to death, either. To that end, games like M3, that tell about some of the 30 year gap between the end of Space War One and the events of Macross plus, or games like VF-X2 that have great stories and continue to expand the Macross universe, make for better games.

A side-effect of the above problem is, Space War One really only has several flavors of VF-1. It was kind of a blessing when I finished the ARMD story and got the VF-4. Set a Macross game in 2050, and you could potentially have every variable weapon Kawamori's come up with so far, plus any new ones he feels like whipping up for the game. And while a lot of people like the VF-1 the best, I prefer the VF-22, so...

Well, okay, I'll stop griping about what I'd rather have in a Macross game, and take the game as it is... oh, wait, I still have complaints.

Gerwalk mode was crap in this game! I want to flip over and whip around corners like Millia did in Macross 7, not akwardly try to turn my nose toward a door.

Graphically, I felt that Sega could have done a lot more. Sure, it's better than VF-X2, but VF-X2 was on the first PlayStation. The PS2 Macross game is still very blocky, and a few lighting effects wouldn't hurt. Maybe AM-2 should ask Namco how they're getting Ace Combat 5 to look so good...

Finally, the game was WAY too short. I started playing yesterday, and I'm done today. Yeah, yeah, I know, I got more stuff to unlock. Well, I'd probably care a whole lot more except I already have a VF-1J, a VF-1A, and a VF-1S... what's another paint job to me? All the missions were pretty much the same anyway... intense dogfight after intense dogfight, with a few ground levels thrown in here and there. It wouldn't have hurt them to try to come up with some more variety in the missions.

Well, those complaints aside, Sega AM-2 did do a nice job with the Fighter mode. 'Bout time I got some yaw controls in Macross! I guess their experience with the Aero Wings/Aero Dancing series helps. Battroid wasn't bad, either, and it was nice to see someone finally make use of the head lasers in a game. In the end, Macross isn't a bad game... it's just not the greatest Macross game in the world, and there's a lot of room for improvement. Now if we can talk AM-2 into making those improvements, we'll have a truly great game on our hands.

In a world of crappy of Macross games, the PS2 game is the best of the 3-D bunch. I've played/owned them all. Now its not the best game ever but considering most Macross games(and anime games in general) are garbage this one is pretty good.

But it is short, the graphics could be better and GERWALK kinda blows. oh well back to Samurai Warriors..

In a world of crappy of Macross games, the PS2 game is the best of the 3-D bunch. I've played/owned them all. Now its not the best game ever but considering most Macross games(and anime games in general) are garbage this one is pretty good.

But it is short, the graphics could be better and GERWALK kinda blows. oh well back to Samurai Warriors..

And I've played/owned them all save M3. And I STRONGLY prefer VF-X2. The fighter stages had some weird flight physics sometimes, but the gameplay was still pretty solid... not mention that the story kicked mucho ass-o.

And I've played/owned them all save M3. And I STRONGLY prefer VF-X2. The fighter stages had some weird flight physics sometimes, but the gameplay was still pretty solid... not mention that the story kicked mucho ass-o.

That game is overrated if you ask me. The story is good though. The gameplay was terrible(fighter mode specifically) and graphics (for its time) were subpar. The only area its better than the PS2 game is in the variety of valks you can play as. There's just too many VF-1s in the PS2 game.

I'm thinking that Sega/AM-2 will release a Macross Zero and/or Macross Plus game as the VF-0S, SV-51, YF-19 & YF-21 were shown in an early promo movie for the PS2 game, but were later pulled from the the final game for reasons which were never made public.

I gotta say I completely disagree with the statement made earlier in this thread that all Macross games are garbage. Personally, I loved VF-X2, I thought it had great gameplay and a interesting story that expands our knowledge of the Macross universe. I also loved Macross Plus Game Edition and the DYRL side-scroller.

I admit that the first VF-X game was crap with terrible contol issues. Also, although Macross M3 for the Dreamcast was let down by weak gameplay, it did have a kick-ass opening movie, let you fly a whole bunch of cool Valks and explained what Max & Milia had been doing after Space War One.

I'd also love to see a continuation of the VF-X series on the Ps2 set in the 2050s.

Graham

VF-X2 kicked ass..... it was everything VF-X should've been and much more.

the DYRL side-scroller was also very nicely done... and it gets extra props for sticking as close to the movie as it did. (only one or two parts that weren't in the movie, and they were applied tastefully)

Future PS2 games would be great to see, I hope Bandai follows through with the idea.

I'm thinking that Sega/AM-2 will release a Macross Zero and/or Macross Plus game as the VF-0S, SV-51, YF-19 & YF-21 were shown in an early promo movie for the PS2 game, but were later pulled from the the final game for reasons which were never made public.

I gotta say I completely disagree with the statement made earlier in this thread that all Macross games are garbage. Personally, I loved VF-X2, I thought it had great gameplay and a interesting story that expands our knowledge of the Macross universe. I also loved Macross Plus Game Edition and the DYRL side-scroller.

I admit that the first VF-X game was crap with terrible contol issues. Also, although Macross M3 for the Dreamcast was let down by weak gameplay, it did have a kick-ass opening movie, let you fly a whole bunch of cool Valks and explained what Max & Milia had been doing after Space War One.

I'd also love to see a continuation of the VF-X series on the Ps2 set in the 2050s.

Graham

Here here!

Although I gotta say, I'm hoping that if Sega AM2 releases another Macross game, I hope they just set it in the 2050's and have the VF-1, VF-4, VF-3000, VF-5000, VF-9, VF-11, VF-14, VA-3, VF-17, VF-19, VF-22, and VB-6 all as playable, with at least one new VF thrown in. Then, after you beat the game, have the VF-0, SV-51, SW-XA 1, SW-XA II, Fz-109, Az-130, and FBz-99 as unlockables in the free mission mode.

HAHAHA!

So what does it means?? To all those who didn't get it. :(

THX in advance,.

L,

Once you unlock Kakizaki's VF-1A choose that and start ARMD's FIFTH LEVEL (I think).

SPOILERS.

Anyway. It's the level where you fight above Protoculture Island. But, if you choose Kakizaki then you get killed RIGHT before the mission starts (to stay true to DYRL).

No points. No mission ranking. Just one dead Hayao. :lol:

The picture is the CONTINUE screen (with some music from DYRL in the background). I shed a tear everytime......

Edited by UN Spacy

HAHAHA!

So what does it means?? To all those who didn't get it. :(

THX in advance,.

L,

Once you unlock Kakizaki's VF-1A choose that and start ARMD's FIFTH LEVEL (I think).

SPOILERS.

Anyway. It's the level where you fight above Protoculture Island. But, if you choose Kakizaki then you get killed RIGHT before the mission starts (to stay true to DYRL).

No points. No mission ranking. Just one dead Hayao. :lol:

The picture is the CONTINUE screen (with some music from DYRL in the background). I shed a tear everytime......

Ah... Hu ha ha.. :lol:

THX,

L,