Anyone here have Dougram toys?

I have the 1/48 Dougram. Amazing toy, mostly plastic with only diecast feet. about 8 inches tall I'd say. I'll try and snap a few pictures later on. Only flaw is the bubbles hands, a common trait among all mecha toys from the 80's.

I've currently have a couple 1/72 Dougrams and a Soltic along with the Battle of Stanrey game ....... but had a bunch of the 1/144s back in the day when they were on the pegs at TRU. Especially remember my 6-legged Desert Gunner.. :rolleyes:

The 1/48 is an excellent piece as well as the RARE 1/72 Blockhead.

Here's a ToyboxDX link and you can also search for drifand's great write-ups....

http://www.toyboxdx.com/data/dougram/dougram.html

The 1/48 toy is greatbut the 1/48 model kits are definately the best. They have polycap joints and most come with extra hands in different poses. I have a bunch of them but I'm too lazy to build em.

I'd have to agree about the 1/48 Dougrams. The sheer amount of die-cast and quality construction is unbelievable. A very heavy piece for something so small. The amount of armor is also well worth it's weight in gold. B))

I wish Yamato grabbed the Dougram licence. Takara has done a nice job but I wish some they update the toy line.

Here's my updated collection, I only need one more 1/144 to complete this collection.

Which 1/144 do you need? I may have an extra.

Isn't there some speculation about CM's being owned by Yamato? Maybe they're testing the waters with the new trading figs.

I wish someone would sub the anime and do a R1 release. If not the series at least the Movie.

you guys mean that the model kit or discast toy available now are all vintage? they must cost a fortune then. damn. i was thinking of getting a few. i like that purple walker like mecha. reminds me of AT-AT walker.

so what's the price now like? anyone willing to let go of a 1/48 model?

you guys mean that the model kit or discast toy available now are all vintage? they must cost a fortune then. damn. i was thinking of getting a few. i like that purple walker like mecha. reminds me of AT-AT walker.

so what's the price now like? anyone willing to let go of a 1/48 model?

The stuff is all over eBay. The model kits usualy go for good prices. The 1/48 toy and the 1/72 Blockhead toy can get kinda crazy though. Pay close attention to the boxes if you buy though as there have been re-issues done at least twice and of course the US version has a different box as well. It's been me experience that alot of sellers don't know that much about these things.

http://search.ebay.com/dougram_W0QQsokeywo...rectZ1QQfromZR8

edit: added a link for the lazy. ;)

Edited by Opus

Ive got the first set of the new capsule toys. Ironically, they are almost PERFECTLY to scale with Mechwarrior Dark Age, should one prefer the original Griffon, Goliath, Shadow Hawk, or Wolverine when they go into clicky conflict. (Or use the minis for regular Battletech like I do.)

Ive also got a a few of the late 90s Dougram model rereleases. Only put together the Soltic (Griffon), which is kinda nifty. I need to do the Shadow Hawk (Dougram Jakt Type) one of these days.. then they can go to war against my other toys that were things in Battletech, and it WILL ROCK YOUR MOM.

• 12 years later...