SV-51 analytical thread

Aegis!

The SV had what a 2 part extending neck. It gave it a better ability to see things than the VF's head. Your right in how the neck looks a little too skinny for it to be moving around while moving, maybe he was going slow.

The SV was meant purely was as the Anti-UN main fighter aircarft, never intentioned to fight gaint aliens. It didn't need the space ablilities then, I think that when ASS-1 crashed the UN released overtechnology to certain "grey" countries to get them into helping with the VF's and Macross and it leaked to the Anti-UN to make the SV.

Like always, we have big tanks, they want big tanks, we have nuclear weapons, they want nuclear weapons, we have transforming fighters, they want something to counter that. Who knows if they even realized it was to counter giant aliens. UN spacy had direct control over the ASS-1, so it's likely the Anti-UN didn't suspect what was coming in a few years.

We've all been asuming Nora was either lying or wrong. But what if the Anti-UN really did develop Variable fighters? Think about it, why develop giant humanoid mecha that can transform into a plane to fight giant humanoid infantry, which assumedly can not fly? My theory is that the UN only developed Destroids as part of ther original plan to combat giants. The Anti-UN seeing the UN developing these giant walking tanks developed variable fighters as a way to combat them. The UN not wanting to be upstaged started a crash program to do the same, so as to combat this new anti-UN mecha and thus their variable fighter program came into being. It was only later that the UN decided that Variable fighters might be an effective way to fight giant aliens.

Quick note: The Su-27/-35/-37/-47 family does NOT have twin guns. They each have one single barrelled weapon. :D

I think that two arms of 12,7 mm are better than one of 38, 44 or 55 mm. In addition not always greater caliber means greater power. The weapon in if it has much to do and nonsingle the caliber influences in its performance. Also I think that the reason that the caliber is smaller is than the weapon of the SV-51 must be able to adapt for the use of a long and short tube because when the SV-51 transform it the front part of the tube is transferred to the legs whereas the weapon is located in the main body.

Also I ask myself if the arms can be used in mode battroid?