Official SailorMoon live-action cast-list pics.

treatment

I hate Sailormoon...

but those picswere quite nice, tnx... LOL...

Look like it's time to pull the ole' Sailor Jupiter outfit outta the closet and start wearing it everywhere again. Mine seems to be all worn out, maybe Abombz!! will let me borrow hers. :p

And I'll 2nd that Exo.

For some reason I had this hope it was going to be a US movie, perhaps even a Britney Spears vehicle with Alyssa Molano, Jennifrer Love Huwett, and any number of cute short girls with little talent beyond their bodies. In a big budget spectacular directed by somebody we wouldn't expect, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. Its part musical too...

It looks like normal Cosplay pics to me, I know there are better wigs out there than those. You mean to tell me there is not a caucasion actress out there that can't speak Japanese?

Since when is Abombz a girl anyway?

Yeah the costumes are just normal not exactly 100% accurate to the anime. However, I don't know many girls that would like to walk around in 100% accurate fukus let alone jump, kick, and sit. Overall the cast looks pretty cool and I'm looking forward to the series as unlike alot of anime live action adaptations, the original creator is involved so something has to go right?

I remember rumors of a live action Sailor Moon movie helmed by none other than Gena Davis whose young daughter was a HUGE fan of the series. Cast rumors included Gena herself as Queen Beryl and Alicia Silverstone as either Moon or Venus among others that I can't recall. I think they even got as far as preliminary scripts. This wasn't a rumor, but something I think Davis was really looking into.

P.S. Since she was born I'm pretty sure, unless there is something Abomz! wants to share? <_<

Hey, at least it's not Man-Faye.

ugh!!! I met that dood in person! My friend got drunk one night at the expo and started hitting on all the girls. When the man-faye walked by, man friend started hitting on him too!! Oh man it was funny! But indeed an ugly sight! :p:D:lol:

I hate Sailormoon.... but damn took them long enough to make this movie. I mean.... they already did a LaBlue Girl life action, I would expect Sailor Moon to have come before that. <_<

They're aiming for a TV series, not a movie. Hence the reason why the outfits don't look that great and not an improvement compared to the Sailor Moon musicals.

I remember rumors of a live action Sailor Moon movie helmed by none other than Gena Davis whose young daughter was a HUGE fan of the series. Cast rumors included Gena herself as Queen Beryl and Alicia Silverstone as either Moon or Venus among others that I can't recall. I think they even got as far as preliminary scripts. This wasn't a rumor, but something I think Davis was really looking into.

Ah, yes. I remember this aborted Disney project (when DIC was once one of Disney's subsidarities).

The Save Our Sailors site have archived e-mail corresponces between Davis and the fans, so that the movie was assured to be accurate and good as the anime.

The first choice to cast Sailor Moon was Kirsten Dunst, with Britney Spears as their second choice.

Both the Sailor Moon and Star Blazers were canned by Disney because there are too many license holders to the properties that Disney can't keep an eye on, especially the original Japanese owners. Instead, Disney greenlighted the live-action Inspector Gadget movie in its place and we saw what happened to that one.

The live-action Star Blazers project was written by the screenwriters of USA Godzilla and Independance Day. The story was derived from a two-page summary of Season 1 and used it as a starting point. The retelling was awful that it contradicts everything in what Star Blazers have and the hardcore fans (including myself) were pissed at the leaked script.

Spacecruiseryamato.com used to host an interview with the scriptwriter, in which he explained what he did and he was glad that the project didn't went ahead to piss the fans after he saw the anime in its entirely. The site is yet to rehost it because the webmasters are still repairing the site.

The perfect Sailor Moon movie should feature Jenna Jameson, Tera Patrick, Raylene and Stacy Valentine. I'd go see that.

and what about this guy. I'm sure he's heart broken he wasn't asked! :lol:

Please tell me this isn't the same guy who dressed up as "Bubba Spice"-the so-called missing spice girl-at a PGA benefit in Nashville several years ago. I still have nightmares about his...never mind. Time does not heal all wounds and I'll leave it at that :blink:

The live-action Star Blazers project was written by the screenwriters of USA Godzilla and Independance Day. The story was derived from a two-page summary of Season 1 and used it as a starting point. The retelling was awful that it contradicts everything in what Star Blazers have and the hardcore fans (including myself) were pissed at the leaked script.

Wow....I remember reading about a Starblazers movie back in the late Nineties, from what I remember of the early draft it wasn't even centered around the Yamato. Instead, the movie was going to center around the sunken U.S.S Arizona (WTF is THAT). I guess the producers didn't like the idea of a sunken Japanese battleship taking all the glory in an American movie.

I'm glad the script didn't go any further......what a SLAP in the face of Space Cruiser Yamato (and Starblazers) fans. :angry:

Wow....I remember reading about a Starblazers movie back in the late Nineties, from what I remember of the early draft it wasn't even centered around the Yamato. Instead, the movie was going to center around the sunken U.S.S Arizona (WTF is THAT). I guess the producers didn't like the idea of a sunken Japanese battleship taking all the glory in an American movie.

I'm glad the script didn't go any further......what a SLAP in the face of Space Cruiser Yamato (and Starblazers) fans. :angry:

What's with that Starblazers Yamato stuff, are you a blazer fanboy?

I hate Sailormoon.... but damn took them long enough to make this movie. I mean.... they already did a LaBlue Girl life action, I would expect Sailor Moon to have come before that. <_<

The Jim Henson zombie pushed for it as a showcase of his satanic puppetry skills learned in the firey depths of hell!

Wow! Those women are beautiful... But the costumes blow. :lol:

I agree, just color their hair and forget about the wigs.... Sailor Moon is lame.

Think I'll vote for Mars (legs). :)

Anyways--yup, looks like above-average cosplay (with bad wigs) rather than an actual movie. Dye the hair! Or more intensely-colored wigs. Mercury sucks, and Sailor Moon (was going to abbr as SM but thought that'd be mis-interpreted here) isn't blonde. More like "sun-bleached brunette".