My title

I noticed that beneath my avatar there is the title: Heatshield Scrubber... what does this mean? Is it some sort of insult? Can I change it? if so, how?

Also, there is a little bow/dot/thing below it.... what is this? a check mark? a warning? i doubt i could be something good, not for ME!

anyways, I hope somebody who knows answers my query, not sure if this is the right place to post, but in the FAQ section there is only RULES RULES RULES!!!

I searched but aparently I am the only one who doesn't know... or the search function here sucks.

Man, you have been gone for a while.

Have more dots than all of youse. I must be really cool! :lol:

Duh! You're the moderator with the second highest post count! Of course you'll have LOTS of dots underneath your title. :D

I am the highest non-mod. :):ph34r:

Looks like Agent One is about to become a Concert Attendee as well. He's almost at 2500. I think that's where it changes, but I may be wrong.

Edited by Anubis

soooooo... it IS an insult. Got it.

Good gravy....do you also get insulted when people pass you in traffic? Why get insulted? In case you didn't notice, everybody else with your approximate number of posts has the exact same goddamn member title. And yet you somehow feel slighted by this? Just post more and work your way up to "Destroid Armor Waxer" and everything will seem better.

You'd better watch out, or some mod will give you a real custom title. :D

well, paint me green and call me a n00b!

soooooo... it IS an insult. Got it.

No way dude... It is just a post count thing and personally I don't feel like a person can have a high post count and be far more insignifigant than many members with higher post counts.

If I may use you as an example. I have read what you have to say around here and you always impress me with some wisdom and I know your interest is mostly in the toy section of MW. I even remember your old avatar, the same tiger just not so zoomed in. Now there are other members with 5 times as many posts as you and I can't tell you jack crap about them... I don't know what they are into and for the most part I wouldn't even remember their existance if they quit posting here. So just keep in mind that post count is a fool's measure of worth around here. I am not against post counts or anything, I just see it as a measure of how much time one has to spend on the board, nothing else.

OK...I've tried to not pay attention to the whole thing, but this is getting ridiculous. I see the member titles as being sort of a parody of those ranking systems on other websites (which do reward for posting as much as possible, regardless of the value to discussion). The titles, IMHO, are funny (although I must say that Groo is no lackey!) and they add a bit of class to the site. NTM, I seem to remember a few titles back on the old board which caused no end of controversy because people were almost totally left to their own devices on custom titles.

I just wish the mods would implement some kind of Yoshinol Points System. Don't ask me what they'd do, but they'd be neat.

If the mods did that there would be a circle jerk of losers around them trying to win points by kissing their asses... Some mods on other boards, like RT.com for example, might get a kick out of that but the Mods here are not into that kind of thing. They just want to enjoy the board like the rest of us.

Good gravy....do you also get insulted when people pass you in traffic? Why get insulted? In case you didn't notice, everybody else with your approximate number of posts has the exact same goddamn member title. And yet you somehow feel slighted by this? Just post more and work your way up to "Destroid Armor Waxer" and everything will seem better.

You'd better watch out, or some mod will give you a real custom title. :D

Well, this IS DrClay we're talking about.

:lol:

Vostok 7

I just wish the mods would implement some kind of Yoshinol Points System. Don't ask me what they'd do, but they'd be neat.

If the mods did that there would be a circle jerk of losers around them trying to win points by kissing their asses... Some mods on other boards, like RT.com for example, might get a kick out of that but the Mods here are not into that kind of thing. They just want to enjoy the board like the rest of us.

I was thinking the same thing. Post counts and "points" are way over rated on forums. I don't see why the fuss over them...including the member titles. I remember people by what they post not how many times they do.

I was thinking the same thing. Post counts and "points" are way over rated on forums. I don't see why the fuss over them...including the member titles. I remember people by what they post not how many times they do.

With that attitude, you'll never make "commander." :p

I was thinking the same thing.  Post counts and "points" are way over rated on forums.  I don't see why the fuss over them...including the member titles.  I remember people by what they post not how many times they do.

at this rate, i'll be lucky to be Lt. Isamu Atreides.... :lol:

I was thinking the same thing.  Post counts and "points" are way over rated on forums.  I don't see why the fuss over them...including the member titles.  I remember people by what they post not how many times they do.

Darn...and I worked so hard too. :D

Bwahaha!! I already am commander!!! :lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...
The title means our mods are funny and the dot means you are a certified cool guy.

you make me raugh! :lol::lol::lol:

..."i'll be at the ramada inn eating silver dollar pancakes"

talk to the guy whos a friggin bridge bunny! :blink: i might have to go into a posting rampage but i'm afraid i'll turn into hikaru's jock strapper sniffer or something worse! :(:lol::lol::lol:

The title means our mods are funny and the dot means you are a certified cool guy.

you make me raugh! :lol::lol::lol:

..."i'll be at the ramada inn eating silver dollar pancakes"

talk to the guy whos a friggin bridge bunny! :blink: i might have to go into a posting rampage but i'm afraid i'll turn into hikaru's jock strapper sniffer or something worse! :(:lol::lol::lol:

What's wrong with being a bridge bunny? :p At least then, you know your not going to die during Space War 1

• 3 weeks later...

you know,i'd really like mine to say "bridge bunny waxer" instead of the whole valk heatshield thing.it's more intune with my persona.clowning around & skirt chasin' :p

what the others have mentioned is true though.alot of the "old headz" around here disappear for a while & miss these upgrades,but they are welcome friends at our table.i'd have 10 million posts here too,if i didn't have to put in time under the hood w/ my girlfriend & put in crazy overtime at my carreer.you guys w/ internet access at work don't realize how good you have it.man,i have to wait 12 hours to reply to my threads sometimes.kinda kills your efforts to "try to get the jump" on an elusive toy in the sale section.damn,a 1/48 hikaru to trade for something i have.missed it by 12 hours :( oh,well,sniffle,sniffle.

post counts mean nothing.mine's low,but alot of guys here know me by name.just as i know them by theirs.good jestures & coolness are what's remembered,not the number under your user name. :)

My post count is large. But this is my total since the beginning. I think I'm short about 1500 posts total, but that's fine. I figure it balances out my wacky posts in Winter 00 - Spring 01... so I consider this count spam-free. . . unlike Skullone(banned) who almost made 10000 just by always replying to every topic he could... whether he was contributing or not. Maybe I should get into HG License debates though... that's a post-mine. :lol:

*lords over the rest of you with mighty post count*

Mine went through the roof from the Macross Box thread, the test pic bin I made, several long eva discussions, and the fact that I really spend too much time here.

i just noticed i'm globals pipe holder now....i guess hikaru jock strap sniffer is next. :D

someone actually got banned for going into a posting frenzy? :blink:

someone actually went into a posting frenzy for the sake of changing their stupid title? :blink: you guys are mean. :(:lol:

i just noticed i'm globals pipe holder now....i guess hikaru jock strap sniffer is next. :D

someone actually got banned for going into a posting frenzy? :blink:

someone actually went into a posting frenzy for the sake of changing their stupid title? :blink: you guys are mean. :(:lol:

Nah, Skully got himself banned for being an ass. He was just a very prolific ass and pretty much lived in the Anti HG and World's Longest Threads.

Of course, this all happened before we even had titles.

I'd like to think the post-whoring days are beyond us now. I actually respect Max less with each number added to his tally. :p