Macros VO & VOXP For PC

leo

Ladies & Gens,

Let me be the 1st to post a Review here, (it's my 1st review so the critique might be below par a bit)

1st these are pretty old games (~2000-01) but fun to play with.

Macross VO came out 1st then later comes Macross VOXP (fix version)

There's pretty much very minor difference that you will able to notice between the two.

Requirement:

It require a PII 200 and 64 rams to run it, and or course some HD room (~100megs). If you got a badass video card it will be even better (the valk will look sharper and the explosion will look brighter).. I run it on my labtop: PII 266 with 96ram seems OK and no crash problem. It does require the CD to play durring game play (unless you got a crack for it).

Differences:

1) Macross VOXP have rearrange the beginning animation , only rearrange no more or less.

2) Macross VOXP have a bunch of bugs fix, ex. better hit & miss count, fix pixel problem, window XP run time problem and more.

3) Joystick control option in Macross VOXP enable you to pick every key as option which VO doesn't.

4) Better network play in VOXP then VO (crash quite often when too many ppl are playing ~6ppl)

5) VOXP also have 2 add on skin for your game play. (VF-1D & VT-1 'Super Ostrich' )

6) "Flare" option durring game play to dodge enemy missles.

Similarities:

1) Pretty much the same game, VOXP just a bug fix verison for windows XP with some add on.

2) Same amount of levels and graphics

For those who's planning on getting the PC game, just get the VOXP and forget about the VO. 1st it run better with less crash and problem with windows. 2nd with more option which is easier for game play.

So far the only place you are able to get these games are in either MIRC, Bitorre or on the net somewhere. So don't freak out if you couldn't get yours, just be patient and use that "SEARCH" key.

Here's a link below that can pretty much explain everything that's in-game in english. You can also download new skin here too. ***YOU CAN FIND THE CONTROLS HERE TOO!!!***

(** EDIT **)

http://www.angelfire.com/mac/mvo/

Or MW link here

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=6412&st=20

As for the game play,

I like it, it's fast action game play and it's fun to see all those missle flying around doing their fast zig-zag on screen (multi target lock was fun). Not to mention using the gun-pod to shoot down enemy missle sure is fun. For those who plan on getting it, you won't regreat all the waiting while downloading.

I will give it a 8/10 since it's old, the story is kinda short and missions is kinda repeatative but I recomment this game for those who's looking for something to stimulate your mind quickly after a long day of work.

Almost forgot, Difficulty:..It does have 3 difficulty setting EASY, NORMAL & HARD.

As for me "lets just say I beat the game on one sitting when I 1st got it" (~1hr in Normal level)..

I hope I've answer some of your questions and good day,

L,

PS. Here's some game play pic to browse (below)

post-16-1086132938_thumb.jpg

Edited by leo

OK review but the link you supplied goes to a store with no relavent information to this thread.. If you want to pimp a site, go for it, but at least provide accurate links to your review.

Edited by Neova

OK review but the link you supplied goes to a store with no relavent information to this thread.. If you want to pimp a site, go for it, but at least provide accurate links to your review.

oops wrong link, sorry about the confusion,.. been edited!

Can't I shop while I'm writing review?? :rolleyes: come on,

L,

PS. More pic

post-16-1086132986_thumb.jpg

Edited by leo

• 3 months later...

oops wrong link, sorry about the confusion,.. been edited!

Can't I shop while I'm writing review?? :rolleyes: come on,

L,

PS. More pic

Haha... awesome review.

And I hate it when that happens. One of these days I'm gonna end up emailing Valk Exchange to people I work with and they're gonna be... WTF???

• 1 month later...