Ghost in the Shell

Stargazer

Does anyone here know when GitS: Standalone Complex will be released on DVD? And where on the Net I can get a hold of the GitS manga: Man Machine Interface? I just bought 2 issues and I'm hooked... :D

Ghost in the Shell just jumped a few notches up on my fav. list... :p

BTW: I've more that doubled my animé collection this summer!!! Didn't come cheap.. but it's worth it!!! So now I'm a fan of Nadesico as well! If only I could find the last two DVDs and buy them too... and lots of other series... :p And I recommend "Ah! My Goddess the Movie" aswell... it's really good... :p

Stargazer

Does anyone here know when GitS: Standalone Complex will be released on DVD? And where on the Net I can get a hold of the GitS manga: Man Machine Interface? I just bought 2 issues and I'm hooked... :D

MMI at Dark Horse

Go here to order all of the issues to date. I have found it a little hard to follow at times, but the artwork is very cool.

:D

I have found it a little hard to follow at times, but the artwork is very cool.

:D

Yep. That's my Shirow, all right. :D

Try reading Appleseed Book 4 sometime. I had to re-read it a half dozen times or so before I fully understood it all. I'm not sure if it's because something gets lost in the translation, or if his plots are just really that intricate and convoluted. It's probably a mixture of both.

My opinion of Man Machine Interface has improved somewhat with the more recent issues. I thought the first 3 or 4 issues were so full of eye-candy and devoid of any coherent plot that I nearly dropped the whole series. But the last couple of issues have been much better IMO, and while I can't quite tell you what's going on I can at least detect that there is in fact some semblance of story and characterisation.

Try reading Appleseed Book 4 sometime. I had to re-read it a half dozen times or so before I fully understood it all. I'm not sure if it's because something gets lost in the translation, or if his plots are just really that intricate and convoluted. It's probably a mixture of both.

I'll have to check that out.

I've only seen the animation (and that was about 10 years ago!)

I'd be curious to see what similarities/differences there are in the manga.

Thanks for the suggestion.

:)