Alpha pics newer ones this time confirm july?

look at that chest scrapping on the floor in fighter mode ?_?

All I can think of is this: Remember way back when they were displaying the first MPC VF-1s at some toy show? They were all horrible looking and transformed wrong. So, unless this thing is a total and utter piece of crap (shut up you guys =P)

it's just some ass clown working over at Toynami who doesn't know how to work with thier own product.

I'm actually impressed with this offering from Toynami. It appears they actually put a lot of time and detail into this project. I like the color choice as well. The only thing I fear is that this toy will be too small and delicate to be handled constantly, much like Yamato's YF-19. Combined with nice MPC packaging and the potential to be combined with a forthcomming Tread, I think $80 is a reasonable price when compared with the prices that vintage Gakken Alphas go for.

What's the scale for this Alpha? 1/55?

If I can get one for $60 to $70 shipped that'd be great. The new pictures make me want to get one now more than ever. B))

I didn't have plans on getting it but I am impress. I think I just might have to get it. I really like the way it looks. And the gun mounting is correct too. I think.

I think it looks excellent! :) I like the sleekness of it quite a lot, quite different to the bulky 'kick ur arse' look the 1/55 has (btw, I DO love my 1/55's as well :D )

size for price is still an issue, but kudos for making a product that actually looks like it might be *worth* paying to get :p:blink:

wonder how much shipping to aus will drive up the price eh..... :(

seeing as this is the only other alpha/legioss out on the market outside of the gakken ones, i think i'll be picking one up......yes, even though its an MPC. :D

if its actually a high quality/durable toy, i'll pick up the others as well. B))

I really like the way the Alpha MPC looks. I'd buy one, but never for $80. Way too much for a tiny toy like that.

Maybe when they start getting discounted or show up at Gamestops used. :ph34r:

i doubt it. the vf1 had stiff competition. this has nothing.

and where is the gun pod actually supposed to go?

Right where it is, mounted underneath the wing.

:unsure: Are you sure about that Cory? I have a book with line art that does picture the gun pod stored under the wing...However, according to the art the MPC Alpha currently has the gun pod under the wrong wing. Still cool that it has that feature though. Anybody else notice this?

and where is the gun pod actually supposed to go?

Right where it is, mounted underneath the wing.

:unsure: Are you sure about that Cory? I have a book with line art that does picture the gun pod stored under the wing...However, according to the art the MPC Alpha currently has the gun pod under the wrong wing. Still cool that it has that feature though. Anybody else notice this?

Actually, according to the lineart, the gunpod can be mounted under either wing, or even two guns on one Alpha.

So technically speaking, there is no "right" wing :)

i just threw in the last disc from the robotech discs (sorry, haven't gotten around to picking up the Mospeada discs yet) and there are shots where the alpha has two gunpods, one under each wing.

right wing, left wing, who cares? lets just hope the gunpod stays on! :lol:

knowing toynami's lack of quality, i can only imagine all the non-fitting parts.

also, i hope they're offering a parts service cause it sure does have a lot of small moving parts that are likely to break. :blink: