1/60 Gbp

1 VF-1 2NV

I think I am going to give the scotch treatment to the armor if the crotch part keeps falling off...

That sounded so wrong...  :ph34r:

What...make it wear a skirt? (kilt)

Never call the Scottish scotch. It's a good way to get hurt. ;)

Unless you like that sort of stuff. :p

I think I am going to give the scotch treatment to the armor if the crotch part keeps falling off...

That sounded so wrong...  :ph34r:

What...make it wear a skirt? (kilt)

Never call the Scottish scotch. It's a good way to get hurt. ;)

Unless you like that sort of stuff. :p

Really? Is it an insult?

Another easy fix is to use blu-tac. I don't know what it would be called overseas (outside Australia, haha) - just the sticky stuff you use to stick posters to walls. I used some on each end of the groin pice and it fixes it in place pretty tight. Then I squashed as much as I could into the hip sockets then put its legs back on. Still not perfect but the hips are connected to the nose fairly tight now.

I looked on HLJ and found the Armor+Valk kit. What places do people reccomend purchasing the "Armor Only" versions?

Thanks,

Irishman

Irishman,

At HLJ search under Yamato, Science Fiction, Accesories, if you look under figures or toys it won't come up, but they have the GBP armor and one other thing lsted as an accessory instead of a toy, hope that helps.

Would the chest piece of the GBP fit a VF-1D if a modified "D" heat shield was used or it would not be able to fit the chest plate for its difference in design.

Also in the Playstation DYRL game there was this mission where Skull Squad lauch into an enemy ship in armors GBP I think that the red parts of the GBP were painted acording to the Valk, Roy's was yellow, Max's blue, Kakizaki... was it green?

any way I would like to know if any one knew what were the numbers of the GBPs they used?

Edited by RichterX

Got my Armored Parts today. Intrestingly, I didn't see any mention of GBP as I quickly looked over the box and instructions.

I put the armor on my VF-1A Hikaru to hide the extensive yellowing. I'm really happy with it. Looks like I need to use the nail polish trick on the hip joint. I also think I'm going to modify the shoulder missile pods to fit over the actual shoulders. It seems that the only purpose of the slip-over shoulder is to position the pods up and out from the body a little. I can live when them lower and closer so that I can see the real shoulder. Also, the hands are just silly.

I'd love to see what Yamato could do with a 1/48 GBP!

The more I handle this toy, the more convinced I am that the person responsible for approving this POS for production (Yes, you know who you are if you are reading this) should be taken out behind Yamato's office and be soundly flogged.

While the overall sculpt is nice and the plastic used is good quality, the constantly falling off front groin peice and inadequate hip joint connection should never, ever have made it into production.

These days, since the bar has been raised so high with the 1/48, this kind of sloppiness is just unacceptable.

Ouch. I may skip this one after all.

I also got the urge to buy the Armor Only kit at F&S. Only 2 vendors had the Armor Only (1 for $45 and the other for $60), and Treasure Island Sports had the 1J+Armor only. I just said to myself forget it, and wait it out for later...

Ended up getting another Gundam FIX Figuration, #0019 RX-178 Super Gundam, the weekend before was #0014 EX-S Gundam Task Force Alpha. Geez, this things are awesome figures, but pricey.

I will just wait for the VF-0...

Has anyone else tried to fit the gbp armor on any other valks besides the vf-1j and the super Vf-1s? THe reason I ask is because I bought two sets of the armor only, and I couldn't get the fastpack boosters to fit on the general release CF.

Has anyone else tried to fit the gbp armor on any other valks besides the vf-1j and the super Vf-1s?  THe reason I ask is because I bought two sets of the armor only, and I couldn't get the fastpack boosters to fit on the general release CF.

vf-1guy said he was able to put it on his vf-1a that is yellowing

has valk exchange got his in yet???

Edited by buddhafabio

Has anyone else tried to fit the gbp armor on any other valks besides the vf-1j and the super Vf-1s?  THe reason I ask is because I bought two sets of the armor only, and I couldn't get the fastpack boosters to fit on the general release CF.

:D My shipment is on the way...I have to verify ETA.

-K

I had no problem putting it on my Hikaru 1A (the very first 1/60 to come out). I would imagine that if it fits the first 1A and the super 1J, then it probably fits all the single seaters.

i tried on all the 1/60's i had out and it fit well on all of them.

there are 2 reasons why the GBP won't fit on the 1D, VE and VT....

the obvious reason is the heatshield.

the 2nd, is cause the chest plates on the 3 mentioned valks are actually thicker that the other valks. look at the thinkness of the chest plate on any valk and compare it to the 1D VE or VT and you'll see what i'm talking about. you can force it on...if you don't mind possibly breaking the little "catch tabs" on the chest armor.

anyhow, no problem with slapping on the GBP any of the valks. :)

Gret pics hevangel2, I love your setup. I was finally able to get the GBP armor on my CF. I just required a little patience and tinkering with the vertical tail fins. Someone should post a few pics on how to properly attach that back piece that holds the fastpack boosters. I bought two gbp and I'd like to get possibly 2 more for some of my valks that are sitting in my closet. I noticed on the back of the box there is is text that mentions the vt-1, vf-1D and the VE-1. I probably states that the armor wont fit these valks.

Edited by Golden Arms

These days, since the bar has been raised so high with the 1/48, this kind of sloppiness is just unacceptable.

Eh... I see the bar at that level with the 1/48's backpack strength.

At least this sounds like Banpresto tricks (nail polish, etc) can keep the armor on. Can't wait to get mine!

Long live 1/60, w00t! :)

Here's some of mine on a VF-1A.

Crappy cam  :p

Hey OI,

let's see some pics of the peg. I Was S.K.U.D. on TBDX mentioned that you modified it using PVC pipes. ;)

Did not use any additional pegs on that one. I just glued the side seam of the cockpit, the screw at the back was loose causing the pegs to be loose. Once the seam was tight the pegs are more manageable. Who's skud?

Here's some of mine on a VF-1A.

Crappy cam  :p

Hey OI,

let's see some pics of the peg. I Was S.K.U.D. on TBDX mentioned that you modified it using PVC pipes. ;)

Did not use any additional pegs on that one. I just glued the side seam of the cockpit, the screw at the back was loose causing the pegs to be loose. Once the seam was tight the pegs are more manageable. Who's skud?

Some guy on ToyboxDX and he's posted up some of the same pictures you're using. They're talking about the 1/60GBP too.

http://www.toyboxex.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=94610&t=94610

Here's a picture of the armor on my Hikaru -1A. I modified the shoulder pods to fit directly onto the original shoulders.

GBP-2.jpg

Here's a close-up of the mod. I attached a couple of layers of craft foam to the back of the shoulder knotch using double stick tape.

GBP-3.jpg

Also, here's a picture of the 1/60 hands compared to the 1/48 hands. The 1/60 is actually larger (on the left)!

GBP-4.jpg