Harmony Gold's DYRL official DYRL site?

http://www.macrossmovie.com/

I saw Toynami's add for it's DYRL Poseables in the latest issue of Previews this evening and the above link was in the add. Right now it's just further links to ordering the Macross TV series and the DYRL Poseables, but it seems intriging that Harmony Gold has established a dedicated webpage for DYRL. Unless HG can release the movie in the US, it seems odd to hype a movie that they do not have the rights to. <_<

I posted this to bring it to people's attention so they can keep an eye out on the site for themselves. I'm skeptical about what Harmony Gold is doing, but did you see me bashing Robotech?

Cory you have to remember that this forum is ultimately dedicated to SDF Macross and all things that have descended or spun off from it.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Okay, just waiting for the enevitable bashing, cursing, and outright flaiming to slag everything RT-related before any additional information is released...

Umm... RT sucks.

:D

Drew, you da man! :lol:

Hmm, I think we can safely say that soon THE crap WILL HIT THE FAN!

HG owning distribution to DYRL? Has the world gone insane????

Very curious too that Geneon has snagged the license to the Macross Plus OST vol 1.

Edited by Keith

It has the sign that we're probably going to have ADV releasing a version of DYRL using whatever aged masters Kiseki used, with a half assed attempt at a remaster.

End of the world enough :)

Nah, ADV would never dump CotB on DVD. They hate releasing anyones dubs except their own. It would be a new attempt at a dub, probably with the fullscreen cropped "SUPERDIMENION FORTRESS MACROSS" video masters.

I posted this to bring it to people's attention so they can keep an eye out on the site for themselves. I'm skeptical about what Harmony Gold is doing, but did you see me bashing Robotech?

Cory you have to remember that this forum is ultimately dedicated to SDF Macross and all things that have descended or spun off from it.

And I applaud you for finding this site and posting it for the rest of us to see. Keeps us up to date on the happenings and debates.

My problem is with the fact that this board and its denizens have a very nasty habit of taking the slightest provocations and running it into a multipage rant that amounts to little more than, "HG and everything it has ever touched with its diseased and impotent fingers sucks and should just roll over and die!". And that's before any additional information is released!

I've tried to recomend this forum a few times to casual Macross fans, but they've often come back to me with complaints that MW is too elitist and quick to flame, and one person even told me that it was the most inflammatory site she'd seen. Sad to think that people could feel that way, but oh so easy to see how she could get that impression, eh?

Was I trying to get into a pro/con discussion? Not really. Just trying to curb one of MWs less-than-stellar reputable habits.

This is truly the 7th sign of the apocalypse. Or is it salvation?

Can it be the endless debacle is over? The fingers can ease off of the red buttons, and we have a sign of hope at last.

HG logo. Powered by RT.com.

Macross DYRL. Celebrating 20 years.

Even the link in the bottom left for "See the original" is for the Animeigo Macross Set.

As long as we get subtitled DYRL, who cares if it's HG supervising. I don't know if they would dub it or not. Possible, but doesn't matter as long as...we get a real subtitled DYRL release at last. It would most likely come through ADV would be my guess since that's who HG is most closely affiliated with. Could be Pioneer. It won't be Mangle, so that's all that matters to me.

AX is getting close. Then the real announcement will come, and we'll see how this goes.

post-2-1085642074_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Who cares? Me for one. I care that if they didn't get the license from Big West, we'll wind up with some crapass quality version of the film.

As long as they go through all the proper channels, get Bandai's R2 masters, etc, and of course have a decent translation done. But this is HG we're talking about, I have a nasty feeling they got their license from Kiseki/Best films (who its debatable if they even owned any rights), and we'll get the crapass quality VHS mastered version they were using.

please God, please, No Reba West.

i'm damn curious what will come of this. Don't sweat reba west, though you may still wind up with tony oliver ::shutters::: Man, this keeps getting worse every minute.

Very interesting and of course, as predicted about on schedule. DYRL presented by HG....I could care less, as long as whoever releases it does a good job of it.

please God, please, No Reba West.

i'm damn curious what will come of this. Don't sweat reba west, though you may still wind up with tony oliver ::shutters::: Man, this keeps getting worse every minute.

Wouldn't happen. Even HG have made a point of not mixing up Robotech and Macross, so they wouldn't drag any of the old RT cast out of mothballs just for that reason.

About the biggest downside to this I could see would be the typical HG self promoting - I won't be happy to say the least if we get another goddamn RT mention on the cover of a DYRL release where is has absolutely no place being.

Why wouldn't it happen? Tony Oliver is still active in dubbing (remember when he ruined Lupin III's voice?). And Manga pulled some RT actors for their Plus dub.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Okay, just waiting for the enevitable bashing, cursing, and outright flaiming to slag everything RT-related before any additional information is released...

Umm... RT sucks.

:D

Haha, that's hilarious....and it's just a matter of time before the Robotech Defenders come out and bash the bashers........

Well... to put my 2 cents worth. I'm no fan of HG either, but I would still like to see a dubbed version of DYRL.

I liked the Toho LD version "SuperSpace Fortress Macross" which was dubbed. I'd just like the option on a future DVD release to have both the english and japanese dialog with a english sub. I love the artwork in the animation, and find subs too distracting - I guess I could see it a few more dozen times so that I don't read the subs anymore :p

I just hope that if they dub it, they use different voice talents than the original Robotech versions (Minmay's just too irritating).

As long as they are going through the proper channels and since time has pasted since the legal actions and Tommy Yune saying they finally got around to properly getting the licenese when it came to the DYRL poseables I could care less if they, well not really they but if ADV Films released it.

Doubt they would purposely seek Robotech voice actors for it. Like said said they try to keep things seperate. I just hope that DYRL is the last thing HG will try to claim that is Macross and will stop trying to stop other Macross items from being released outside of Japan.

What I don't like is the lack of information regarding Big West or even Tatsunko Pro on that site. Though it looks like they are only claiming the trademark "MACROSS".

Not to get off topic but anyone find it strange that HG never actually links to its Harmony Gold site but just has the logo but always links back to RT.com's main page.

Edited by Effect

Well...for a "Macross Movie" website, all they have are links to the TV series DVDs and the DYRL unposeables, which we've known about for some time. Perhaps they're waiting for AX to add any "surprises?"

it would be interesting if they followed the super possiables with DYRL MPC's and Strike Cannons......

:unsure:

Well...for a "Macross Movie" website, all they have are links to the TV series DVDs and the DYRL unposeables, which we've known about for some time. Perhaps they're waiting for AX to add any "surprises?"

it would be interesting if they followed the super possiables with DYRL MPC's and Strike Cannons......

Not interesting... more like inevitable.

Hmm... well, we've all wanted a R1 release of DYRL for years, perhaps this could be a good one.

I am curious why there's all this dub talk. HG hasn't dubbed any of the original anime used for RT - Mospeada, Southern Cross, or TV Macross - I don't see why they would here.

All that being said, we've heard absolutely nothing from BW regarding all of HG's movements toward DYRL, so maybe it's legit.

After all the crap with HG, I'm beyond caring that much anymore. Who here hasn't already seen DYRL a hundred times?

That's a good point. They haven't dubbed any of the original items and no real reason to think they would do a dubbing here. If they did gain access to the R2 versions they would just have to worry about subbing and I would think that the cost for using those for HG and ADV would be a lot lower then them remastering it themselves or dubbing. I do hope its legit and something has been worked out.

There is no news here... So they have a domain name, big deal, its called macrossmovie.com, yet they don't even offer the movie on it.

post-25-1085675649.gif

CoryHolmes,

I just want to point out that this thread was about information until your post. If any RT-related flame wars start from this, it was your doing. Your post was meant to cause an arguement. Please leave it alone. If you want to add to the discussion, go right ahead. Leave your thoughts as to the nature of thte people on this board out of it.

Not interesting... more like inevitable.

Just say that like Agent Smith. :D

I think DYRL MPCs are a certainty, regardless of whether or not HG and Toynami have announced them.

If DYRl MPCs comes out, I doubt ppl will buy them at $80 a pop. I know I wont. But interestlingly enough, they might release VF-1A Kakizaki where Yamato failed to do so. Still, I wouldn't touch them though.