DNA^2 US Review

Hikuro

if some of you guys didn't know, DNA^2 was released to the US some months ago, like maybe 2 or 3 months back, but I believe only one was released, if more have been released I certaintly don't know where.

STORY:

A girl from the future named Karin Aoi is sent to a hundred years into the past before an incident caused over population on the globe forcing the human race to carry one child each family or face exicution due to this. Karin works as a DNA operator and time travels to help fix the errors in time, by manipulating a person's DNA to either make them better, or much much worse off then they originally were.

Karin is now sent back to fix the over population problem caused by a young man code named "Megaplayboy" who impregnanted 100 women before he died, and each child was a male carrying the same DNA coding, which also impregnanted 100 women for each Megaplayboy, and so on and so on for 100 years.

Karin finds her subject to only find out, that this young man has a certain problem with women, he pukes his poor guts out when in close sexual contact of any sorts with the oppisite sex.

Karin manages to do her job "correct" by shooting Junta with a DCM bullet (DNA Controled Medicene) and is ready to return home with her superior told her, she grabed the wrong bullet. After analysing the data she concluded, she just created the Megaplayboy.

Somehow Junta's DNA in now unstable, shifting in and out of his womanizing trance to gut wrenching, puking uncontrolably young self. But once he becomes the Megaplayboy nearly all women fall to his feet beginning for him, but one...

This is actually a very nice series created by the same person who did Video Girl AI and many other titles. The story has romance, drama and lots of comedy to keep the viewer entertained. I discovered DNA^2 4 years ago while I was part of an anime club with my friends. We tapped all 15 episodes and saved them for a while before each one of us lost our copies due to some misfourtine we all would come across.

But recently I stumbled upon the first 3 episodes on DVD and gave it a chance.

While the japanese version is fantastic, quick witted, and very romantic at times, the English counterpart blew more then the dubbing job of Gundam or the early runs of DBZ. I mean THIS SUCKED. I could not stand the way they pronounced eachothers names, Tomoko's VA sounded like she was loud and valley girl like and that's not how the japanese version represented herself at all. Karin's VA sounded cute, but she didn't have enough emotion to her character.

And Junta, my god, he's decent in his normal form, but his Megaplayboy version SUCKED, I mean my god I could pull off a better job than that and I'm just an ameature VA doing my own stuff for kicks....I mean damn this guy was horrible, I couldn't even take half the series in English before switching back to Japanese, I mean it just blew!

US MANGA CORP needs to stop what they're doing and get a new cast, they just ugh....words really can't describe how horrible this was done.

I say buy the dvd's for the pure enjoyment of just watching it in Japanese with English subs, or get the Fansubs, or Bootlegs, they'll be hella better then the US Manga corp version which carries ALOT of swearing from "Damn" to "Dumbass" to "Holy Crap!" and so on.