Transformation Animation Test

Doktor Gonzo

That rocks! Excellent Job Gonzo! Try and make the cockpit shift around also during transformation and I think you will have perfected it. (The cockpit does shift during transformation right?)

Ed

I was gonna say the same thing. The pilot seat swivels forward and faces front.

But it looks great!!!

Actually... I cheated and peeked at your small test in the test forums a couple of days ago... :p

Actually, looking at that small version reminded me of something I saw in your bigger one.

Would it be possible to make the chest plate/fusulage of the fighter mode split apart at the same time that the legs are going down? As is, it looks weird to see the legs fully formed, but still have the rest of the plane in fighter mode.

But I'm still in awe of your skills. Just need a short film of these VF-1 models fighting against the CGI Q-Rau in the other thread. And the Sentinles short film from way back when. That'd rock :)

Would it be possible to make the chest plate/fusulage of the fighter mode split apart at the same time that the legs are going down? As is, it looks weird to see the legs fully formed, but still have the rest of the plane in fighter mode.

Agreed.

If memory serves me, the chest/back splits as the chest moves from a horizontal to a vertical position. In your animation, the chest is almost all of the way into position before the back folds down.

Otherwise, it looks terribly wonderful. I like it a lot.

Actually... I cheated and peeked at your small test in the test forums a couple of days ago... :p

heh, you mean THIS l'il guy:

post-25-1084894451.gif

I stuck this in there as a possible new icon. Now not sure I'm gonna use it - so if anybody else wants it, be my guest....

thanks. I will use it.

Ali

That's SO kick ass Gonzo!

I can't wait to see what ya come up with next. SDF-1 perhaps?

B))B))B))

Naah, I don't think Wolf13's and Mechmaster's work on the DYRL and series SDFs can really be bettered - their models are awesome!

Don't worry, I'll think of something....

Beautiful!!! :lol: