A gift for you

Ali Sama

This is very cool.  I have a normal DVD burner, and the FX DVD's/

Would anyone have any advice (i.e. step by step) how I could go about using the FX DVD's and these sub scripts to burn new DVD's with the new subs?

-Elektrix

I posted a link above dedicated to this. But it now seems defunct. I'll check that out later.

But keep in mind that if you want to have the original video quality, you'll need a dual-layer DVD, and hence a dual-layer-capable burner. Such burners *just* became available. . . and the dual-layer media is still nearly non-existant.

H

Hrmm, aside from doing DYRL, aren't there some options to just span a dual layer disc across 2 single-sided DVD's? I know it would screw a few things up, but I could swear I've seen things that split them up and then you just insert the second disc for everything that didn't fit on the first disc).

-Elektrix

• 3 months later...
i was wondering..........is there one for macross zero?

i have episdoe 1. it should be done in a day or two. once dyrl is done

Ali

for ep 1 I uploaded a .zds file long ago.

for ep 2 I have hungarian subs only :|

for ep 3 I have a timed spanish --> only text need to be replaced (both hun, and eng)

for ep 4 I was too lazy to do anything

ep5 isn't out ;)

----

btw the zds were made for the divx raw file from the net.

I'd need to get one of the new (and expensive) dual-layer capable DVD burners before I could fit it on a DVD.

The burners themselves aren't that expensive. Mine set me back $80. But not even god has the financial resources to buy dual layer discs. They're absolutely ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This is very cool.  I have a normal DVD burner, and the FX DVD's/

Would anyone have any advice (i.e. step by step) how I could go about using the FX DVD's and these sub scripts to burn new DVD's with the new subs?

-Elektrix

Well, it's been a long while. But I finally went ahead and did this here.

Once again, thanks to Ali Sama and mechamanic for the excellent work! It would have been too tall a mountain to climb without their groundwork!

H

Edited by Hurin