A gift for you

Ali Sama

while there was a preexisting verion for this I found that it did not work.

So I downloaded some pretimed fansub scripts(which I did not do)

and retimed them for the dvd.

this was tricky as not only was the timing off because of the medium involed i also had to shrink the duration of the subs for them to work.

i ttook me a few houres but i finnaly got it to work. The songs are subbed in this version as welll.

This should work on the r0 ver of dyrl.

I wil get it to work on the r2 once I get mine. wich will be a while. Unles somoen locla to me lets me borrow/

enjoy

ps. you should watch this in full screen. as the zentradi subs are pretty high up there

player

you need this to use the subs

final ver up.

subs for dyrl

ssa subs for dyrl for macs

Attention macross 7 subs avalable!!!

macross 7 subs for fx set are still in beta. but you can use them. they don't have the plus animations done yet(the normal episodes are timed and work fine). I should get to that over the weekend and get some more of the dvds done.

subs for macross 7 fxdvd 1l

subs for macross 7 fxdvd 2l

subs for macross 7 fxdvd 3l

*note* you should not extract anythign form this file just copy it to the approprate sub dir.*note*

*note* you do not need a dvd burner to do this jsut a plain dvd rom. *note*

Edited by Ali Sama

Where are the raw fansub scripts that you based your work on? I've found a couple, which helped clarify some of the murkier bits of the fx translation, but I'm wondering if you've found something different.

i got them of fof scriipts online.

Was this timed to the FX version? If it was it won't be timed correctly to the R2 version. The R2 disc has a few Bandai/Emotion/Toho screens at the beginning of the disc and a few more seconds of black screen before the Zentradi talk. Also the R2 disc goes right into the movie unlike thw FX which goes straight to the main menu.

I have a timed script of DYRL that I got from scriptclub.org and it was way off with the FX DVD due to the reasons I stated above. It was real close with the R2 disc.

I'll try this one in a few minutes. DVDsubber is a great program

Edited by dejr8bud

Was this timed to the FX version? If it was it won't be timed correctly to the R2 version. The R2 disc has a few Bandai/Emotion/Toho screens at the beginning of the disc and a few more seconds of black screen before the Zentradi talk. Also the R2 disc goes right into the movie unlike thw FX which goes straight to the main menu.

I have a timed script of DYRL that I got from scriptclub.org and it was way off with the FX DVD due to the reasons I stated above. It was real close with the R2 disc.

ahh. that explains the 53 second gap.

if i can get the r2 icna time it for that too.

Ali sama, thanks for your answer, but I don't know the URL for "Scripts Online". I guess what I'd really like to see, if it's not too much trouble, is either a link(s) to the script(s) in question, or the translator information.

Are the timed scripts for Beta 4 [619]?

I load the "1 - Japanese.ds" profile. But the timed scripts do not appear in the profile. Manually adding them seems to work, but none of their synching information seems to come in with them.

Am I missing something?

I can view the DVD, the but subs won't show (other than the ones built into the DVD).

Thanks for this though! It will rule once I get it working!

H

Edited by Hurin

Ali sama, thanks for your answer, but I don't know the URL for "Scripts Online". I guess what I'd really like to see, if it's not too much trouble, is either a link(s) to the script(s) in question, or the translator information.

url

Are the timed scripts for Beta 4 [619]?

I load the "1 - Japanese.ds" profile. But the timed scripts do not appear in the profile. Manually adding them seems to work, but none of their synching information seems to come in with them.

Am I missing something?

I can view the DVD, the but subs won't show (other than the ones built into the DVD).

Thanks for this though! It will rule once I get it working!

H

load the zds fiel I added as a profile.

(make sure itis in the right directotry) the prorgam looks for it in a certain dir.

go to edi under dvd id do get disk id wrost case. it will work. remember to maek ti full screen to se the zentrady talk.

Ali

Somehow, the ZDS file had gotten a ZIP attachment put on the end. . . so I unzipped it rather than leaving it as-is. After re-downloading the file and starting over, everything looks good.

Ali Sama and i worked it out via ICQ. Looks like the original post is now edited to reflect this possible problem.

Thanks!

H

Edited by Hurin

Somehow, the ZDS file had gotten a ZIP attachment put on the end. . . so I unzipped it rather than leaving it as-is. After re-downloading the file and starting over, everything looks good.

Ali Sama and i worked it out via ICQ. Looks like the original post is now edited to reflect this possible problem.

Thanks!

H

tellme how it was onc eyou see it. icq or here is cool. yeah I'll add notes to the first post of isseu speople might come across. so they don;t haev to read every post.

ahh. that explains the 53 second gap.

if i can get the r2 icna time it for that too.

Its that 53 sec gap plus a title/chapter change as well. After the intro screens the R2 DVD movie actually starts at title 2/chapter 1 IIRC

Your script doesn't work with the R2 DVD but that doesn't mean it won't. The timing needs to be adjusted.

Ya this is the same script I already have for the R2DVD timed to the FXDVD. The timing to the FX version is near perfect. Good job. This is a good script though I've had it for awhile. Before I had the R2 DVD I used this script with the FX DVD.

Edited by dejr8bud

Wow. It's like a whole new movie. Seriously, the more natural english doesn't take you "out" of the narrative like the original FX subs do. I always found it somewhat distracting to constantly think: "Hmmm, I wonder what they meant to say there." Now the story just flows along.

It's actually quite easy to modify the subs. I plan on tweaking mine a bit and modifying the text color changes somewhat.

I also found this site and I'm in the beginning phases of trying to make a custom-made DVD with better subtitles. But it's slow-going. . . and I'd need to get one of the new (and expensive) dual-layer capable DVD burners before I could fit it on a DVD.

H

Now, we need to get some that will work with the R2 that Dejr8bud has, and that I am getting soon.

;)

Ali, how difficult is it to edit these files? What do you need to do so?

if Ali is working with the kind of sub files I think he is working with... not hard to edit them per'se... the pain in the Arse comes in getting the timing right... trimming off .33 seconds at the begining could throw off one single sub a hour into the film... so you have to watch it again, find the sub then add in either a delay or lengthen how long a sub shows for... then watch it again to see if any other subs were thrown off

It took me an hour to resync the sub to a single episode of Macross... all because the subs for ep 2 didn't account for the proper length of the opening, also didn't account properly for lenght of time the person actually spoke. if the sub only shows for 1.25seconds but the person actually spoke for 5seconds... the next series of subs start to show, it looks horrid.

but if you can get the subs down to within 1/10th of a second of when they are actually spoken (also disapperaing appropriately within 1/10sec) the mind will fool you and they "appear" to be in sync.

ROCK on Ali :)

I am goin trough the movie and script fixing any  mistakes or mistranslations i can catch. new ver should be up toamrrow

Ali

Yeah, Ali and I have been at it for a while now, and made about 30 random corrections, mostly mis translations of the ranks and stuff. And a whole lot of neglected pronouns.

But, I just can't take it anymore, it's 3:25 AM here, and I gotta get up in less than three hours to go to work..... :blink:

What sucks is that I almost made it all the way through before I started to pass out, so only about 30 minutes left to go through....

Edited by Mechamaniac

I am goin trough the movie and script fixing any  mistakes or mistranslations i can catch. new ver should be up toamrrow

Ali

Yeah, Ali and I have been at it for a while now, and made about 30 random corrections, mostly mis translations of the ranks and stuff. And a whole lot of neglected pronouns.

But, I just can't take it anymore, it's 3:25 AM here, and I gotta get up in less than three hours to go to work..... :blink:

What sucks is that I almost made it all the way through before I started to pass out, so only about 30 minutes left to go through....

Isn't editing script fun? :rolleyes: I was reediting a script for the R2 Macross Plus Movie Edition...before I knew it 3 hours passed by and my eyes were ready to fall out :blink:

Edited by dejr8bud

Ali

thank you for the assists bud. you have a better eye then I do.

Ali

Just want to mention that the .zds file is a plain zipfile. So it can be extracted with a zip utility (or Stuffit Expander), allowing you to examine the script even if you don't have access to a DVD utility that can use it directly. E.g., if you have a Mac (like me), I don't think there's a DVD player that will use the .zds file. But someone could probably write a script to convert from the unzipped files to a format that can be used by VLC or ffmpegX.

Just want to mention that the .zds file is a plain zipfile. So it can be extracted with a zip utility (or Stuffit Expander), allowing you to examine the script even if you don't have access to a DVD utility that can use it directly. E.g., if you have a Mac (like me), I don't think there's a DVD player that will use the .zds file. But someone could probably write a script to convert from the unzipped files to a format that can be used by VLC or ffmpegX.

i converted them to ssa it is in the same dir . so if you can get a player that can use ssa subs you can use it for the mac

ALi

If anyone finds anything that Ali and I missed in the DYRL script, post it here.

It would be nice if we could add the lyrics to Silver Moon Red Moon since all the other songs Minmay sings are subbed, and translated.

And can someone get to the bottom of the EVIRUS SLAYER SLAYER SLAYER line in Shao Pai Lon? It's either what I posted, or it's something like Evil Slayer, or Evil's Slayer, I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Edited by Mechamaniac

This is very cool. I have a normal DVD burner, and the FX DVD's/

Would anyone have any advice (i.e. step by step) how I could go about using the FX DVD's and these sub scripts to burn new DVD's with the new subs?

-Elektrix

I posted a link above dedicated to this. But it now seems defunct. I'll check that out later.

But keep in mind that if you want to have the original video quality, you'll need a dual-layer DVD, and hence a dual-layer-capable burner. Such burners *just* became available. . . and the dual-layer media is still nearly non-existant.

H