Voices of a Distant Star

Dobber

I like it too when I got to watch it. The problem with my DVD is that it's missing the alternative Japanese audio track, voiced by the creator and his wife.

I tried contacting ADV's return products e-mail four times in order to get a replacement but nothing is heard so far. (I'm in Canada). :(

It's pretty cool. Interesting story, great animation. It's amazing to see what a guy can accomplish in a few years in his garage.

As an aspiring animator I can tell you for one person to do all that it's no easy feat. So needless to say I felt the need to see it and well I really, really liked it.......... a lot. It's not an action story or anything like that. It's basicaly about two friends who become seperated and how they try to stay together dispite the distance that keeps them apart (although the mech battles are cool). Oh, and don't look for a happy ending either, this is probably why I liked it so much (I hate all that "and they lived happily ever" after crap, it makes me sick). The final scene is really well done, in my opinion. Definatly worth a watch.

Hmm, I had no trouble in getting a reply back. In fact, I already got my replacement DVD back from them today.

The thing is that I sent an e-mail message back from July 30, when the problem was reported back then thanks to animeondvd.com. Someone from there suggested sending a second message, in which I did with my three web-based e-mail addresses. But that was two weeks ago and I still get no reply.

The last thing I want is to turn my disc into a $CND 25 coaster and I don't want to pull out an another $CND 25 to replace mine. What's worse is that there's no package difference between the defect and the corrected one. :angry:

This bites and sucks.

I've really wanted to buy this one but wanted the director and his fiance's audio track, does anyone know if they've released fixed versions anywhere or are they just updating previously bought copies?

Go to the message board of www.animeondvd.com for some help there. Some of ADV's staffers sometimes hang out there.

Go to the Glitch Disc section, where there's a pinned thread in getting a replacement.

Here's the direct link:

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthreaded....sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I'm still pissed that I still haven't got a reply in getting my disc fixed!!! I don't want my flawed copy to become a $CND 25 coaster. :angry:

Sounds like they're going to be putting the fixed ones in stores but no one's sure when :/

The corrected ones are already shipped but the problem is that there's no package difference to tell whether it has the flawed disc or the corrected one. :angry:

The corrected ones are already shipped but the problem is that there's no package difference to tell whether it has the flawed disc or the corrected one. :angry:

Crap! I want to get it but I don't want the defective one. They should really think about changing something on the cover so we know.

Crap! I want to get it but I don't want the defective one. They should really think about changing something on the cover so we know.

Several suggestions were made by those in the animeondvd.com message board at the time the defects were report, but those fell on deaf ears when ADV said no to it. They instead point to the e-mail address instead, which pisses me off to no end because I get no reply. :angry:

I'm now comtemplating whether to shatter my defective copy into a hundred pieces or turn it into a $CND 25 coaster no thanks to ADV's rushed production. :angry:

OK, I'm now getting my disc replaced. ;)

I just recieved the return form and the envelope today, so I can get the replacement disc once I send the defective one back to ADV.

At last I don't have to worry about it now.