My finished 1/72 Hasegawa VF-0S

wm cheng

With the fast packs on - I need to build a VF-1 with packs and the landing gears down! Beside the next generation...

post-3-1084993177_thumb.jpg

Edited by wm cheng

Sheesh....the VF-0 is a monster!

Hey Wm, I forgot, your photo subjects don't move. :p Yeah, my rule of thumb is based on street photography, where I'm in a dynamic setting and usually only have one chance to get "the shoot". Come to think of it, yeah I've shot a building at 1/8 sec.

Howdy,

Just wanted to add to the praise! Man, I went back and read through the whole build up...there goes my morning!

So awesome, the detail, the time and effort. It really comes out, I LOVE the swept wing staining/weathering.

As it's been said before:

You are the man!!

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Awesome, simply awesome. Is there any chance of a flightdeck type picture featuring all of your models? I'd love to see as many as possible side by side to show the different configurations, types and sizes. Now I definately have to get off my butt and finish some of my incomplete valks.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn! Really breathtaking model! I haven't built a model in six years and seeing these new Macross releases (new to me anyways!) makes me want to get back into the hobby!

• 4 weeks later...

beautiful! beautiful!beautifulbeautiful! ! this is your best work WM. ive read your other buildups and i love the way you use simple techniques to get advanced results. im working on the VF-0S myself and this thread has given my eye the information that my dvd cant clearly interpret. i wish i had thought of using magnets on the CFTs (conformal fuel tanks),they dont look to have the thrusters that FAST packs do, and the engines being fuel hogs thats what i thought they were. we use the same type of thing on the F-15E. AWESOME!!! cant wait to see more from you. :D

sean

P.S. if you want to do a night shot and photoshop in the lights the slime lights are a very intense blue green color

• 12 years later...

This is gorgeous, and i think i will buy some Macross 0 hasegawa kit, butu there are things about hasegawa's that make me really upset. The vf-0 is one of the best looking and coherent with his relative battroid mode but even with that there is a thing that got no sense, the rotors in the air intakes of legs are too deep!! How the hell are supposed to be hips articulations and mechanisms if legs are totally empty? Simply hasegawa doesn't care at all about coherence as this is a variable fighter and not a normal fighter. I think i m going to buy the YF-19 as well, but even there the way the legs are too narrow and the arms between them are simply too thin makes me crazy!! Don t mention the vf-1.... and where are anyway all the Macross Plus Battroids??

P.S. Cheng it s a shame that such beatiful pics look really too bright and doesn t show the wheatering properly...