The HK DVD set of it is great. All the extras you could ever want. The Gaogaigar concert owned my ass like I was a cheap whore.

Interesting this thread is popped back up.

AiA put episode 34 of the series up recently.

It's nice to see the big G back in action.

Yep and a month later ep 35. Now nothing against them but they should consider merging with another group like Anime-classics (people doing Tobikage, God mars, and joint with AiA Panda-Z) or that super robot legends group. I dunno maybe their is bad blood or something but I think if all these kick ass super robot etc. groups got together miricles could happen.

What? Tobikage? A-Classics released it? Hmm. Although I was told by Kyoji himself that the subs for God Mars are taken from the HK subs, fixed and checked. Either he did the same thing for Tobikage, or found someone to do the job. Last I heard he only has the raws in his hands, so...

• 11 months later...

I second that, I absolutley love this show and the Final OVA.

The mecha designs are just fantastic. :D

edit, Just looked at Gunnota headlines and they have some very interesting info.

GGG Final -GGG- update

TV Tokyo's site pre-opens. Meanwhile, Moon Phase says that the broadcast will be 12 episodes with "some new narration and dialogue".  ¶ 7:40 AM

Final was only 8 episodes last time I watched it... :D

Edited by Fort Max

• 1 year later...

Bah, any anime that has a mecha with trains for shoulders, a lion's head on it's chest and is armed with a giant childrens squeaky hammer and a giant screwdriver should be banned for being too silly. :p

At least it would be banned under the dictatorship of Graham.

Graham

So, I find myself wondering, does anyone know anything about Gao Gai Gar Project Z? According to Wikipedia it's an entirely new GGG series on the way, that combines the series even further with Betterman.

GaGaGaProjectZStill-1.jpg

Bah, any anime that has a mecha with trains for shoulders, a lion's head on it's chest and is armed with a giant childrens squeaky hammer and a giant screwdriver should be banned for being too silly. :p

At least it would be banned under the dictatorship of Graham.

Graham

392539[/snapback]

Super robots love you, even if you don't love them.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone found the preorder for Sentinels Genesic Gaogaigar on HLJ?

I really want to preorder it but it should be a place where I can cancel without a fuss if necessary. With the whole Rona situation going on it is uncertain  if I can spend 50k JPY on toys in December. -_-

I‘m also a tad disappointed that it doesn’t transform. It would be a great companion piece for the SoC Gaogaigar.

That reminds me. Has Sentinel announced if the wants to release more Gaogaigar toys in this style/line?

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

Has anyone found the preorder for Sentinels Genesic Gaogaigar on HLJ?

I really want to preorder it but it should be a place where I can cancel without a fuss if necessary. With the whole Rona situation going on it is uncertain  if I can spend 50k JPY on toys in December. -_-

I‘m also a tad disappointed that it doesn’t transform. It would be a great companion piece for the SoC Gaogaigar.

That reminds me. Has Sentinel announced if the wants to release more Gaogaigar toys in this style/line?

I agree with all this. I’m not a big fan of non transforming transforming toys. 

I po-ed it at a local retailer after taking into considerations shipping and import taxes. I actually prefer it to be non-transformable, afterall this is how I'll display it. I remember reading some comments and reviews of some of Gravion's joints being flimsy due to being transformable.