What is This?

eriku

So I was digging around through some old toy boxes at my parents place and uncovered yet another Robotech toy from my youth. It's one I never really liked that much which is probably why I forgot all about it.

The question is, what is this guy called and is he from Mospeada or Southern Cross?

post-26-1062635650.jpg

Yup that thing is a bioroid from Southern Cross... eeerrrrr Robotech Masters was the name?

It looks like crap. :lol:

Thanks! Yes, it does look like crap. It got played with just slightly less than my Hovertank, who's only saving grace was the fact that it 'transformed'. <_<

It is called a Bioriod fighter. The mech was indeed featured on the Southern Cross series as the principle enemy mech. As a toy it was produced for the Robotech line three times. First by Harmony Gold. Then by Matchbox, and finally by Playmates under the exosquad line. All three versins are nearly identical, having been created from the same molds. They were boxed, and came with the litle gun. You could also get an accessory for them in the hover platform that they rode on. Loose like that it is worth around $7-9 or so on a good day.

Edited by joke-machine

It didnt appear anywhere in the series. It is NOT the Bioroid Invid Fighter....that was a mislabeling of the mecha by Harmony Gold and Matchbox. It is the Late Generation Type I Bioroid....comparable to the Blue Standard and Blue Advanced Bioroids.

There is a spread from the Magazine for Anime and Hobby Fans - Southern Cross that has the line art sketch of this mecha.

Magazine for Anime and Hobby Fans - Southern Cross Page 2 of Layout