How the new Macross series' premiere ep should be?

How long a premiere episode should be  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How long a premiere episode should be

• 30 minutes (works every time)
    • One hour (worked when the original TV series came out)
    • Two hours (maybe we can get a lot of attention)
    • Three hours (let's get the viewers glued to the seats for the heck of it)

In response to the new Macross TV series thread, let's ask ourselves in what do we want in a premiere episode?

The Macross TV series went off with a bang to grab the viewers while Macross 7's premiere gave an eyebrow-raise (yet it intrigued me IMO when I first saw it).

Discuss.

My choice would be a three-hour premiere.

Why, do you ask? Well, 30-minute and one-hour premieres are impressive but what about giving the premiere three hours to give the show a wide bearth loaded with attention-grabbers. With lots of characterization and action, it would probably keep the viewers onto their seats that would be mouth-watering.

Depends on the format. If it's TV, 30-minutes is fine. If it's an OAV, I could care less cuz there's not limit to how short or long an episode can be. 2-3 hours????? Might as well make it a movie.

Jesus , no one has officially confirmed it´s a macross series and now we have a poll ? :huh: wow , I didn´t notice M0 was that dissapointing for us to want a new series already <_<

in any case , if there´s a new series in the near future I would like a 2 & 1/2 hour premier , that´s long enough to catch people´s attention.

One hour for the initial premier. Split in 2 parts of course for subsequent airings. That will allow for a nice solid, start, to introduce the setting and cast, and throw in some initial action.

The dvd of course must retain the hour version.