New Kawamori Series In The Works

therealfolkblues

I read this last week in the new Newtype USA, not sure if anyone here has posted anything about this yet.

According to Michiaki Sato of Studio Satelite(Arjuna, Macross Zero and Geneshaft) the Great Froating Head himself is working on a new robot anime, here is the direct quote from the article. "On other curent projects, Sato remarks that Kawamori is in the early stages of a new robot animation project

"I guess you could say it follows in the footsteps of Macross. We're already at the point where we'll be releasing information about it soon within the country. The rough mechanical designs are in progress as we speak."[end] Could this be the new Macross series that Graham had heard rumors about? Oh well, hopefully this info is of use to everyone.

Isn't he still working on Macross Zero? If this is going to be another Macross Series, than all I can say is "Awesome!!!" I really am curious as to what it is going to be about.....The possibilities are endless! More Mecha designs? That is awesome news too! Hopefully we hear more about this soon!

Larry

Isn't he still working on Macross Zero? If this is going to be another Macross Series, than all I can say is "Awesome!!!" I really am curious as to what it is going to be about.....The possibilities are endless! More Mecha designs? That is awesome news too! Hopefully we hear more about this soon!

Larry

Not necessarely.... he could have the script done, and leave all the other stuff for BW to take care. :)

Exciting news.... I just hope its not something like Arjuna. <_<

From what I read , I gather it isn´t gonna be a new Macross series. But a new mecha series from the Froating Head isn´t a bad thing at all so I´ll be wating eagerly for more news.

On the other side though why the heck isn´t he working full time on Macross Zero damnit !!?? :lol: , he´s forgotten about us :(

Maybe this new series is more important and if it is a new Macross series it would be better for him to be working on that more especially if it expands the Macross Universe more and pushes the timeline further. Either that or he is becoming tired of Macross and wants to move onto something else. Just a few thoughts. B)

Maybe this new series is more important and if it is a new Macross series it would be better for him to be working on that more especially if it expands the Macross Universe more and pushes the timeline further.

Yeah, kinda like the Macross 7/Plus thing. The 2 projects were being done at the same time so some of the Froating Team were having difficulties working on both (*cough*Mikimoto*cough*).

Anyway, I'm eager to see what the Froat Lord has in store for us, be it a new Macross series or a fresh departure. I'm one of these filthy people who haven't been hooked by Zero so I've big hopes about this. B)

Edited by Yoshi

Well, all thats missing in Zero is the other episodes. I gather everything is done... with only the animation left undone... and thats beyond Kawamori.

As for no new Macross series.... he said that in 84.... wait 10 years and we will get a new one. :lol:

As for the new series.... I hope its not another Escaflowne like show. :(

Interested to see what it'll be, I'm pretty sure most of MW will dislike it thought.  :p

Why, because it would be lame-o-sexual like M7?

No... its a little something called.... "Worshipping Kawamori". <_<

:o:)

I worship myself!

Well for a guy that doesn't like anime (me) I hope it is Macross.  If not I won't be watchin.'

OK, but what if it's an obvious Macross doppleganger ? Would you watch the Super Dimension Stronghold Nacross ?

Sure I guess :lol:

One part of me thinks it would be nice to see a new TV series while the other one dreads the idea of another M+/M7 kinda episode...on the other hand an unrelated non-macross series from Kawamori would be nice but that still doesn´t explain why wouldn´t he concentrate fully on M0 before it ends :(

Anyways, let's speculate on what the setting is for the new Macross TV series.

* Pre-2009: Macross Zero have pretty much covered that part.

* Space War One sidestory: We could see Valkyrie pilots at the moonbase or one of the ARMDs. Or how about a set of characters aboard the Macross.

* Post-Space War One (2010-2020): How about the adventures of the fledging UN Spacy troops in Valks or Destroids routing out the remaining rogue Zentraedi/anti-UN who still causes trouble.

* 2020-2030: We already seen the adventures of the Jeniuses from M3, but what about other adventurers around other colony worlds.

* 2040-2050: Well covered in Macross Plus, Macross 7 and the VF-X games.

* 2051 and beyond: Let's hope for something new at this point, like the aftermath of the anti-UN coup attempt.

We'll probably see humaniod aliens in the next show, since the Protoculture Republic had left influence in the evoulution of lifeforms around the galaxy or finding probable descendants. Maybe they'll surprise us with other alien lifeforms.

How about watching the adventures of familiar characters (except on those who's dead or already seen already)?

Captain Bruno Global: He might be retired by the time of M+/M7, but we can probably see him in a prequel.

Claudia LaSalle: Where the heck is she after the end of the TV series?

The Bridge Bunnies: Two of them already left to marry with their Zentraedi boyfriends and one of them is still working for the UN Spacy.

Hikaru, Misa and Minmay: Forget about thinking about them since the romance is finished and the Froating Head says so. If you must want something about them, read the Robotech: the Sentinels comics.

There's still some stuff to cover and we hope to see more of the Macross universe.

Kawamori-sensei, surprise us. :)

One part of me thinks it would be nice to see a new TV series while the other one dreads the idea of another M+/M7 kinda episode...on the other hand an unrelated non-macross series from Kawamori would be nice but that still doesn´t explain why wouldn´t he concentrate fully on M0 before it ends :(

Perhaps because Zero is done... with animating it being the only thing missing. :)

Perhaps because Zero is done... with animating it being the only thing missing. :)

Nah , that´s OK , he´s done a lot of research and has a good team. What I´m talking about is that he should at least supervise the production of M0 until it ends.

Nah , that´s OK , he´s done a lot of research and has a good team. What I´m talking about is that he should at least supervise the production of M0 until it ends.

Perhaps he hand picked his team, and has full confidence on them. And besides... you know how talented ppl are, they have plans stacked in their bedrooms.... SK probably had this new show already lined up or something. :)

It's not unreasonable for him to be working on two seperate shows anyways. He's only in the "design" stage of the new one and it's not like he's directing Zero, so it's quite plausible for him to do both.

Maybe he's doing something like "Knights in the Sky". It blends Macross and Escaflowne....

Knights in the Sky was the initial form of Escaflowne during the planning phase. The Fz-109 from Macross 7 was actually drawn up there first. Over time, the story and mecha developed and moved over to what we saw in the show.

[Edit: The insert for the movie has some pretty good tidbits on the development complete with pics of the initial mecha. Would have been Medieval Macross basically. LOL.]

Escaflowne was great, in my top 5 actually.

If the new Kawamori show is another Macross series, then sweeeeet. Maybe we'll see some Supervision Army this time, but who knows what direction will be taken next. If it isn't Macross, then I will wait and see what he comes up with for us with great curiosity. He's rare to disappoint.

Edited by Anubis