Any New Macross projects after M0 ?

http://www.anime.net/macross/introduction/index.html#updates

For the "do-it-yourself" impaired:

Satelight announced Shoji Kawamori's next project: Sousei no Aquerion, a half-year, half-hour television series scheduled for Fall of 2004 in Japan. More details will come in the future.

thats going to be the name of the next Macross project?

that site says there is a playstation 2 game in the works called Super deminsinal fortress macross, featureing the purple valk squadron? huh???

is this for real? PS2 game... hmm maybe this is old news, dunno

that site says there is a playstation 2 game in the works called Super deminsinal fortress macross, featureing the purple valk squadron? huh???

is this for real? PS2 game... hmm maybe this is old news, dunno

Very, very, very old news. The game was released in October 2003 and has been discussed to death in the MW games forum.

Graham

that site says there is a playstation 2 game in the works called Super deminsinal fortress macross, featureing the purple valk squadron?  huh???

is this for real?  PS2 game... hmm  maybe this is old news, dunno

Very, very, very old news. The game was released in October 2003 and has been discussed to death in the MW games forum.

Graham

thanks, i've NEVER seen that link before.

IIRC, from what little we know about the new series, it's going to feature combining (not transforming robots), will have young teenage pilots and the story will feature an environmental theme.

I'm guessing it's going to basically be about a bunch of tree-hugging, angst-ridden prepubescent kiddies out to save the world while blowing crap up in giant super robots, i.e sounds like something to avoid. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Graham

IIRC, from what little we know about the new series, it's going to feature combining (not transforming robots), will have young teenage pilots and the story will feature an environmental theme.

I'm guessing it's going to basically be about a bunch of tree-hugging, angst-ridden prepubescent kiddies out to save the world while blowing crap up in giant super robots, i.e sounds like something to avoid. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Graham

Sounds like GO! GO! PLANET Z!!

5 robots.....with the power of Earth, Fire, Wind , Water and.....Heart...wtf heart?! I never did get that....but anyway....

5 robots combine to form.....PLANET Z, the ultimate giant robo which runs on cow manure to be eco friendly...and uses a solar gun made of mirrors and magnifying glass and.....omg....

Graham

5 robots.....with the power of Earth, Fire, Wind , Water and.....Heart...wtf heart?! I never did get that....but anyway....

5 robots combine to form.....PLANET Z, the ultimate giant robo which runs on cow manure to be eco friendly...and uses a solar gun made of mirrors and magnifying glass and.....omg....

ROTFLMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wooo Hoo!

More Giant Robot Piloting Teenagers.

It makes me wonder if anyone in Japan can do anything other than the kids. According to anime world, children are the all encompassing ass kickers. While if you are over 16; man you are doomed. <_<

See Gundam for the perfect example.

There are reasons why I like shows like GITS. The protagonists aren't teenieboppers, just hot ass kicking cyborgs! ;)

Its not Macross related. There is no news on any Macross projects following Zero. Let us hope for a re-animation of the original series.

No please leave it as it is, it`s a classic it shouldn`t be touched. Thanks for your replys guys, Hmph..... Kawamori what are you thinking <_< I suggest he goes back and makes more MSG designs or I really would love that he makes his own MSG series or an OVA from designs to director.

Why don´t we just delete the search feature from the boards and save up some memory from the site ? I mean , it´s clear to me people will just ignore the past 1000 M7 , or the other 30 M0 threads or the past 10 ¨possible macross project¨ threads.

It´s incredible to find people who still haven´t noticed the existence of the PS2 game or the confirmation that Kawamori´s new project has nothing to do with macross , oh well , I suppose not everyone notices a 15+ pages thread. Actually , I think people pretty much ignore all the other sections and go straight to the toys forum. I actually remeber quite a few people who got registered in the boardss but actually never took their time to check out the main site.

Graham

holy cow is captian planet with mecha. run for your lives.

Why don´t we just delete the search feature from the boards and save up some memory from the site ? I mean , it´s clear to me people will just ignore the past 1000 M7 , or the other 30 M0 threads or the past 10 ¨possible macross project¨ threads.

It´s incredible to find people who still haven´t noticed the existence of the PS2 game or the confirmation that Kawamori´s new project has nothing to do with macross , oh well , I suppose not everyone notices a 15+ pages thread. Actually , I think people pretty much ignore all the other sections and go straight to the toys forum. I actually remeber quite a few people who got registered in the boardss but actually never took their time to check out the main site.

lol some of our members are just lazy I guess

"So when is Macross Zero coming to the US?"

"Is there a dub on the Macross boxset"

"Will the import Macross game work on my US PS2?"

Anything after M Zero? I heard that the next incarnation will be a group of young pilots who use hip hop music to kill their enemies. I know it kills me..

Anyway Macross Zero hasn't exactly set the world afire. Since its an OVA, its kind of in obscurity. Macross needs a new TV series(13 or 26 episdoes I guess) where more people can see it and gather new fans. Doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.... :(

Satelight announced Shoji Kawamori's next project: Sousei no Aquerion, a half-year, half-hour television series scheduled for Fall of 2004 in Japan. More details will come in the future.

HAHAHAHA

Your membertitle should be, "Compendium Gopher."

HAHAHAHA

Or Father Azrael even. The Compendium is like his bible for this cult which is Macross.

HAHAHAHA

Or Father Azrael even. The Compendium is like his bible for this cult which is Macross.

Nah, I'm just tired of people being lazy. :lol:

Graham

ROTFLMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL to death!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

QUOTE (Southcross @ Apr 22 2004, 05:33 AM)

QUOTE (wolfx @ Apr 22 2004, 02:31 AM)

QUOTE (Graham @ Apr 22 2004, 01:19 AM)

Graham 

ROTFLMAO     

sound's just like capitan planet , i think that was that name off the show

Macross needs a new TV series(13 or 26 episdoes I guess) where more people can see it and gather new fans. Doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.... :(

13 to 26 episodes? Aim lower, why don't cha? :-P

I want a 52 episode series, where every other episode is full on, gratuitous mecha action, and every episode before it is character driven drama fest.

26 for the character people. 26 for the mecha people.