Tattoo

Oihan

Would you ever get a tattoo of the Macross kite symbol?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever get a tattoo of the Macross kite symbol?

• Yes
    • No

I've often wanted to get a tattoo...and I've always heard that you should get one of something you can live with...love. Well...getting a tattoo of a girl I love would be just stupid...anything could go wrong, etc. So w/that out of the question...the only real thing I love is Macross. So I figure if I were to get a tattoo, it'd probably be the Macross kit symbol...or something Macross related.... Anyway...I was just curious to what the rest of you would do.

Side Question: If you guys wouldn't get the Macross kite symbol, would you get a tattoo that's related to Macross?

A couple of things to consider....

HG may send you a letter or a lawyer with a machete if they find out you have that on your arm and aren't paying them royalties for it :lol: .

J/K...seriously though...

The logo would be pretty cheap as far as tats go it's very simple, and only a few colors. However, I'm not sure how well the white would work, or if they could do it at all.

Depending on the size of the design, there could be quite a bit of red in there, and that's cool, but it means longer in the chair while they try to grind a nice even color across the tat (that is, if your tat artist is worth a crap). Plus, with all that red, any fading, or uneven coloring is going to stick out like a sore thumb, so just find a good artist.

I personally would go for the skull design that goes right behind the canopy on the DYRL planes, but that's just me.

Finally, and I can't stress this enough....DON'T GO CHEAP You said yourself, you need something you can live with forever, so the worst thing you can do is go to some ghetto parlor, or even worse the "my buddy's friend does tattoos out of his house" etc. Do some research, find the best one in your area, and if you have to pay a little more, GOOD, you are getting a better piece of art after all.

OH, and if you don't hear the hum of the autoclave, and watch them unwrap a fresh needle, GET UP AND LEAVE. I had a friend one time that called me up at all hours of the night, wanting me to come watch him get his tattoo, and when I got there the place was a dump, the kid doing the tat had crappy looking tats all over himself (bad sign) and there was no autoclave in sight. When I asked my friend if he had seen this kid unwrap the needle, he said "NO, does that matter?" In the era of bloodborne bugs that can kill your ass, I would say that it does.

Nah I wouldn't get a Macross kite tattoo or anything from Macross really. I have thought about getting a Guts(from Berserk) tattoo though lol I'm such a dork..

I have a few tattoos myself. I'd like to get a new one soon. The last one I got took 6-7 hours. I find it kind of relaxing... except for the needle that does the shading...gets annoying afterwhile.

Mechamanic is 100% right. Go somewhere legit and clean. Avoid tattoo parties.

Nah. If I was going to get anything from Macross, it would be the Vernier/Tie-downs.

But I like Patlabor more and I've always wanted to get the "5 Screw" logo from Patlabor.

That's cool, I like the 5-screw idea!!.

As to the verniers, that could get interesting since you'd have to put them all over.... :blink:

if i was into getting tattoos, id have tons, like everwhere, and i wouldn't mind throwing a macross kite in there someplace.

BUT

i'm not really into tattoos, i might get something one day, but if i only have a select few tats, i'm not going to get a logo from a tv show or movie. not that there is anything wrong with it...

a friend of mine is covered in batman and vasques drawings (and a big hawaiian girl on his side (??) ) so to each his own, its just not for me.

Do you guys think Agent One would have a tattoo of Schwarzenneger, himself, or door knob on his body? :p

Cruel my man... LOL.

I actually don't have a tatoo, I did however brand myslef. On my left shoulder I have my fraternity letters branded. It took 5 pieces to finish the letters, "Sigma Phi Epsilon."

Each piece was white hot and pressed into my flesh for 2 full seconds (any longer and they would have burned through the skin and gone into the muscle tissue). The thing hurt but I think it is way cooler than any tatoo.

I say don't bother with a tatoo. I have one on my left shoulder that I really wish I had never gotten... and yet I still will never get it removed as it was from a time in my life that I can never live again... and sort of never want to as well... and looking at it makes me remember some hard times, some stupid times and some really downright terrible times. I have nothing against tatoos but I think you should look at it from a position of ten years into your life... do you want to explain to your kids or grandkids just what the heck that red circle thing on your body is? It's a lot easier when it has a tollerable story attached to it... And the story of "See, back in my day there was this thing call anime and these people called anime geeks, of which I was one..." just does not sound too good even in the here and now. :p

I say get a puppy and a kitty with a big heart around it.

Same story here... I've got one on my ankle that I'd never get today - it's a band I designed in college... but I'll never get rid of it, either. It's a reminder of being 20 and all that went along with that.

I am glad, however that I got something that was unique and unrecognizable as any kind of a logo. It's just hard to imagine the Macross logo being something you'd want on your body when you're 50. Particularly since it'll be in color and color tats fade and need to be re-touched more than just black...

I'd say unless you plan on getting many, I'd design something myself or wait a few years and see what you think.

Edited by Blaine23

what about the skull and crossbones? then, if you didnt want to sound gay in front of men you might encounter, you could just say it was a plain old skull and crossbones, but you would secretly know it was the symbol of skull squadron. this way, you could get a macross related tattoo, and not get your arse pounded.

Do you guys think Agent One would have a tattoo of Schwarzenneger, himself, or door knob on his body?    :p

Cruel my man... LOL.

I actually don't have a tatoo, I did however brand myslef. On my left shoulder I have my fraternity letters branded. It took 5 pieces to finish the letters, "Sigma Phi Epsilon."

Each piece was white hot and pressed into my flesh for 2 full seconds (any longer and they would have burned through the skin and gone into the muscle tissue). The thing hurt but I think it is way cooler than any tatoo.

HELL YEAH!! I have my Fraternity Letters branded too!! i ain't gonna lie, it hurt, but its pretty unique. it shocks the hell outta people when they see it.... :lol:

Personally, as much as I like Macross (and anime), I wouldn't get a tat related to them. To me, it's just the same as if you got a tat of your current girlfriend's name. Might regret it later on. Having said that, I'm all for tats (I have one, might get another) if it's something very meaningful/personal and you could live with it until you kick the bucket.

Do you guys think Agent One would have a tattoo of Schwarzenneger, himself, or door knob on his body?    :p

Cruel my man... LOL.

HELL YEAH!! I have my Fraternity Letters branded too!! i ain't gonna lie, it hurt, but its pretty unique. it shocks the hell outta people when they see it.... :lol:

AWESOME! I love the look on people's faces when they see it. Refresh my memory, what Fraternity are you a member of?

I know we have a few greeks on the board. Devin (Blue Rose custom toy guy) is a Theta Chi from Berkeley, I just can never remember what chapter anyone else was in.

Well, the way I figure it. If Macross were to ever go down hill...there would still be the original, Macross II, Macross Plus, Macross DYRL, Macross FB 2012, and Macross Zero (I like it so far) that I'd still love many yrs down the road. I dunno.... Thnx for the thoughts and opinions though.

Let me tell you this:

Perfect circles are a PITA to tattoo and very rarely come out good

they slap on the lines,... a piece of paper is flat

now when they transfer it onto [insert bodypart here] most circles will get distorted

not because of the initial transfer but because of the curves on your limbs and/or torso (see attachement - first one is a perfect circle, the rest overstated examples of

what happens on curved surfaces)

never put red and white together, both inks have the tendency to "flow" and do not

give sharp edges in your flesh, lines made with these colors will always be a bit blurry,

now imagine what happens if both come in contact: they'll smear and give you pink

borders where they both meet

edit: Macross logo borrowed from www.MacrossMilcom.net

edit again: Where's the "Maybe" option in your poll?

post-26-1082641044.jpg

Edited by Nightbat®

There isn't much point using white on flesh. I have mostly red in my tattoo and left the parts that are suppost to be white non-inked. Hell, and I'm even Asian. Bad thing about red ink is eventually it will fade to pink. Keep that in mind. Mine has faded (pic is old), but has a weathered look now. Might get it retouched if it becomes too fruity looking. :lol:

post-26-1082644444.jpg

Do you guys think Agent One would have a tattoo of Schwarzenneger, himself, or door knob on his body? :p

[to usurp an old stand-up routine]

"AgentONE wants to get a tattoo of Schwarzenegger on his entire body... Only 2 inches taller."

:p

As to you tat, if you shop around first and get someone good, then you don't have to worry about the quality of the tat. I got mine almost 10 years ago on the inside of my forearm, and except for a bit of fading on the right, where it's exposed to the sun more, it looks just about the same.

As for your subject matter? I got a decepticon symbol. Why? Because I loved transformers as a kid. I kind of hate them now (actually for about the past 10 or 15 years) because they all look like crap now. BUt it still meant something to me. Enough so that I still got a tattoo of it.

So it's up to you. I say, if you really want it, go for it. You'll never regret it.

p.s.- Here's me laying my arm on the scanner. :D

post-26-1082650926.jpg

You can get the tattoo without the red. You can always get it in prison green, or in black. If I do get one, I'm not getting it in red. That's just wrong. But my first tat will be of Minmei. Now, before you say anything, if I get it, it's gonna remind me of the kind of girl I want. An older, more mature Minmei, one that you can bring home to the folks, but crazy at night. As Ludacris says, "a lady in the street, but a freak in the bed." :D

Yeah, Yeah.....Yeah!!!

Edited by Jasonc

Cruel my man... LOL.

AWESOME! I love the look on people's faces when they see it. Refresh my memory, what Fraternity are you a member of?

I know we have a few greeks on the board. Devin (Blue Rose custom toy guy) is a Theta Chi from Berkeley, I just can never remember what chapter anyone else was in.

Agent ONE, i'm Sigma Lambda Beta from Texas A&M.

just out of curiosity, i had another guy tell me we had to peel the scabs to get the letters to puff up, and i did this (which hurt like a mad bastard)....did you? and did your brand puff up or heal flat?

;)