Excel Saga

joke-machine

HI-- I am trying to decide on whether to buy Excel Saga or not. It seems right up my alley with bizzare almost non-sensicle plots and humor. Just as an example of my style of humor, I was in tears at the Evangelion and Escaflowne parodys at Otakon. But I was wondering if any of you have seen it and could give me a recomendation on the purchase.

hahaha, I would recommend it. It is a hella funny series. I only saw the first two dvd's and I still need to to finish it. But yeah, if you like bizzare humor, this is a series for you! :p:D:lol:

The beginning and the end were great. The middle discs varies by person, but still generate some laughs. The payoff is all worth it. They parody everything from a Gundam colony drop, Fist of the Northstar, a car goes into Gerwalk, and just about everything over the course of the show. Worth a viewing at least once. Maybe hold out for one of Right Stuf's studio sales, or everything in stock sales, and pick it up then if you're not sure about it. The vid notes were a very useful as well to catch a lot of the references. A few episodes got on my nerves, but it was a good show overall.

Added: I haven't seen those Escaflowne or Eva parodies, are they on the net anywhere?

Edited by Anubis

joke-machine you mean Nescaflowne and Evangelion Re-Death :). I have yet to find the videos for download on the web. If someone does let me know. And back on topic the End of Excel Saga was just wrong, funny but wrong. And on a final note...."It's Gendo!" lol

Rob :ph34r:

joke-machine you mean Nescaflowne and Evangelion Re-Death :).  I have yet to find the videos for download on the web.  If someone does let me know.  And back on topic the End of Excel Saga was just wrong, funny but wrong.  And on a final note...."It's Gendo!" lol

Rob :ph34r:

Studio Sodikai created both Evangelion Redeath,and Nescaflowne. They also did Fanboy Bebop as well. I checked out their site after the con, but alas they are not now, and have no plans in the immediate future to release them for distribution. They argue that by releasing them to the public, it would take away some of the cult like status of the shows (like what happened to Rocky Horror Picture Show). They do allow owners of copies to distribute them to friends, as long as it is done at no profit. Speaking of that, I have a new friend on the net who has promised me a copy of Redeath next week :)

"Gendo speaking......"

"Yeah......"

"Yeah......"

"They'll do anything you want......"

"Well, maybe not that."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funniest crap ever, I mean seriously. And the part where Auska first speaks in that accent is priceless.

Edited by joke-machine

Excel Saga is great, but I found the jokes getting stale around disc 3. Still a good show, you should definitely check it out.

I can't wait for the Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu domestic release! Same wacky sense of humour as Excel Saga, but the jokes never get old, and there's an on-going story that gets really touching at times. Just watched the last episode fansubbed this past weekend.

Next up, Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu DELUXE!