Security to keep the Yo-Yos out

As we now have a new board which is based on totally different code, I would imagine that all those idiots that got kicked can come running back if they are so inclined... I hope I am wrong.

- The Major

Not much we can do about that, unless Shawn or the mods can port the old ban list over here. As Abombz said on another thread, it's like we've gone temporarily to anarchy again.

OK... I may be wrong here, but didn't the Mods simply block the offending party's IP or something like that? If so, and Invision has the same capability, I wouldn't be surprised if it's already been done.

But, then again, what's so wrong with Yo-Yo's? :blink:

No. Some ISPs have shared IPs... so if you ban one, you ban everyone that uses that ISP. Example... AOL, everyone has the same IP. :(

I think the mods simply blocked the members from using the boards.

OK... I may be wrong here, but didn't the Mods simply block the offending party's IP or something like that? If so, and Invision has the same capability, I wouldn't be surprised if it's already been done.

But, then again, what's so wrong with Yo-Yo's?  :blink:

No. Some ISPs have shared IPs... so if you ban one, you ban everyone that uses that ISP. Example... AOL, everyone has the same IP. :(

and some people have dynamic IP's so they never have the same one after they disconnect and reconnect

Hybridchild

Ahhhh... That makes sense.

Oh well. We'll just have to wait and see if any of the banned come knocking. But then again, due to the anonymity of the web, they could completely slip by and none of us would ever be the wiser.

Oh well. We'll just have to wait and see if any of the banned come knocking. But then again, due to the anonymity of the web, they could completely slip by and none of us would ever be the wiser.

Exactly, If they want to come back they'll find a way ban or no ban

Hybridchild

Exactly, If they want to come back they'll find a way ban or no ban

Hybridchild

Unfortunately, that's probably true.

Well right now I'm powerless to stop anyone. We do have old records and data on the um... 'yo-yos'. I think it should be possible to adjust this board to. Although I think none of the mods have access right now.

If anyone gets pass. I think they will have to try their best be good. It's not like we won't ban people again.

B)

Were there OLD MWForums users that were actually banned for lifetime? I've been on the wrong end of a one week topic ban......and that was pretty bad enough. Besides, if anyone WERE to start trouble I'm sure (fingers crossed) we'd be able to handle it. :p

The last thing this brand new board need is those RT.com trolls (I am not mentioning their names, but we know who they are) to decide to return, especially with no mods around. There has to be a way to keep those yo-yo's out.

Maybe we could just look the otherway.... and see if they grew up or not. :)

Aww...that's so cute. You don't really believe that, do you? :p

Be nice bsu! I'm just saying we should give some of them a chance.

P.S. Did you miss me? I did what you suggested.... 4 weeks at the beach! :lol:

The last thing this brand new board need is those RT.com trolls (I am not mentioning their names, but we know who they are) to decide to return, especially with no mods around. There has to be a way to keep those yo-yo's out.

Well, let Shawn and the mods get settle in and then work things out.

P.S. Major... how are you handling now that the forum doesn't indicate if the post was edited or not? :lol:

It makes me want to punch people in the face! :angry:

P.S. Major... how are you handling now that the forum doesn't indicate if the post was edited or not? :lol:

HAHAHAHAH

edit: LOL

edit 2: Muhahahhahahah

Edited by azrael

HAHAHAHAH

edit: LOL

edit 2: Muhahahhahahah

oooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Looks like that feature just got added! AWESOME!

I can now see when all the gutless sissies edit their posts!

AHhHHH HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Looks like that feature just got added!  AWESOME!

I can now see when all the gutless sissies edit their posts!

AHhHHH HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

Actually no.

edit: you have to do it manually.

Edited by azrael

Well right now I'm powerless to stop anyone. We do have old records and data on the um... 'yo-yos'. I think it should be possible to adjust this board to. Although I think none of the mods have access right now.

If anyone gets pass. I think they will have to try their best be good. It's not like we won't ban people again.

B)

LOL!

Berlin Wall Guard of sorts now.....................

There's a box there to click for edit. Shawn should see if he can make it default.

Ah... Interesting. I wouldn't know that as I never edit. I'll ask Shawn to make it perminantly checked.

if people come here to start trouble they will be banned just as they were in the other forums

there is no need for this 'war' between MW and RT.com-its an absolute waste of time and does nothing but make people rethink wanting any part of the macross/robotech fandom

S

There's a box there to click for edit. Shawn should see if he can make it default.

Ah... Interesting. I wouldn't know that as I never edit. I'll ask Shawn to make it perminantly checked.

What the hell is up with you and the edit button? Give it a rest already. Is that important for you to know who said what then changed it?

there is no need for this 'war' between MW and RT.com-its an absolute waste of time and does nothing but make people rethink wanting any part of the macross/robotech fandom

This man speaketh the truth.

"Listen all! This is the truth of it. Fighting leads to killing. And killing gets

to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all..."

That has got to be the greatest reply of all time! :lol:

I picture it coming from some angry drunk! Or maybe from Strongmad!

I've been drinkin!.. So what, you can still fight when yrrrr drunk!

What the hell is up with you and the edit button? Give it a rest already. Is that important for you to know who said what then changed it?

... I addressed the issue becasue I was asked by Abombz!!

;)

No offensive to anyone but the Administration and Moderators banned several people and a new board doesn't mean an automatic appeal from the big house.

The Moderators were planning to review the 'list' at the end of the month. Any one who was banned that post before notice to return might risk their chance.