Yeah... sadly, knowing SHE and the complexity of this, the price'll probably be hitting in the $700+ range.

EDIT: Ah, dur, price is right there on the page.

79,800 yen. $790+

185mm tall, so around 7 inches. That's over one hundred dollars per inch.

---looks at model.....cries----

---looks at price.....cries harder---

With any luck, now that Studio Halfeye is doing a Dangaioh, a SOC one isn't too far behind. I remember Studio Halfeye doing a Gunsbuster right before Bandai did the SOC Gunbuster.

Can you just imagine a huge plastic and diecast transforming Dangaioh? I would pre order it in a heart beat and thate that any day over resin! However Halfeye's work right here is a real masterpiece.

**sob*** It's soo beautiful that I'm crying!!!! ^_^ I have a quick question since we are on the subject of Dangaioh. Can somebody tell me the relationship between the original Dangaioh and Dangaioh 2? I only saw the first tape and did not like it so I didn't pick up the rest of the series. If there is a link between the two, I might look for it to add to my collection. ^_^

If you're talking about the "G Dangaioh" series, ignore it! Pretend it doesn't exist. You'll be happier that way.

There is a link between the 2 series but it's extremely weak and the G Dangaioh series doesn't exploit it to the potential it has. G Dangaioh had a lot of potential and could've been an awesome series, but the producers utterly blew it.

Oh yeah, it has by far one of the worst endings ever if one could call that an ending... I might have been more forgiving of the series if it weren't for that WTF? "ending".

• 4 years later...

GREAT Animation, designs and awesome music throughout. LOVE the fight scenes.

TERRIBLE plot and writing to be sure.

The SHE is an amazing feet of engineering. But somehow robot mode is lacking in a way that make $800 to $1,000 hard to rationalize. $450 maybe, will watch this auction and see how high it goes.

A modern company using the latest techniques needs to take what SHE did and make a masterpiece version that nails robot mode, is sturdy, gets the face right and stays in the $400 - $500 range if possible. A lot to ask I know.

The SHE face REALLY misses I think. I bought this OP cel recently that shows the face detail... Someone make a variable Dangaioh that looks like this! (dislike the bright white and light blue panel lining on the SHE as well)

post-8486-0-88755800-1374672906_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-38067600-1374672786_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Not really, any plot there was just an excuse for more mech action.

But hot anime girls in swimsuits no matter the weather conditions! I love the episode 2 scene in the snow. I almost got a cel of Pai with her running in the snow. I still look for good cels of the characters and ships. There have been a bunch of good sketches on Yahoo Japan in the last month or so going for surprisingly low amounts. I'll post them if people didn't see them. I haven't labelled them yet.

Ah but A7 you should at least link for all to conveniently reference the horrible butchering job that Manga committed to our beloved Dangaioh OVAs. happy.gif I've gone on and on about this on other forums for many years, but if you have it you should linky the info too.

I for one love Dangaioh OVAs and especially the character designs by Toshihiro Hirano! ohmy.gif Few designs dedicated as much attention to details as he did back in the 80s and 90s. Pity he only directs now and no longer does character designs. sad.gif Btw, the cels for the original Dangaioh are quite rare and expensive too.

The mecha designs are incredibly detailed and IMO vastly superior to EVAs. And yes the story is simplistic but for the purposes of the OVA it fit wonderfully. My only request is for them to resume the OVA series shortly after the team is lost in space, but the creative team that made the original series needs to be reunited. Although we all know that won't happen, all the more is the pity.

I remember reading about the DVD and Manga combining I believe Episodes 1 & 2 into one Episode or something. I couldn't believe what I was reading. I still have my VHS tapes too. Those and Gunbuster. I think I read about an alteration on Gunbuster as well with some music. But I think the fairly recent Japanese box set is supposed to be ok in regards to the music.

My want list is down to a few, but only pricey things remain. This is on it.

But somehow I don't think I will get to cross this one off since we're already at 51,000 yen with 4 days to go...

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-e137359300

attachicon.gifSHE_Combine1.jpg

I couldn't believe the price on this and especially the size. Far too much considering what Yamato was producing with the valkyries. And it's not perfect to me.

Thinking about it, I still can't believe we don't have a new series to that major cliffhanger ending. That was and still is one of the saddest moments in anime for me. I believe I have a few Dangaio books and the soundtrack around here. It was a really well animated anime. I need a good cel from it but haven't found one to my liking yet.

Edited by JetJockey

If I recall correctly, there was supposed to be a few more volumes that got cancelled, hence the ending that we got.

I personally, loved Dangaioh, which was the third anime that I ever watched! DYRL and Flashback 2012 were the first and second. In fact, I learned of Dangaioh through a preview that was on the tape that had FB 2012 on it.

If I recall correctly, there was supposed to be a few more volumes that got cancelled, hence the ending that we got.

I personally, loved Dangaioh, which was the third anime that I ever watched! DYRL and Flashback 2012 were the first and second. In fact, I learned of Dangaioh through a preview that was on the tape that had FB 2012 on it.

There's a reason it got cancelled...

Thinking about it, I remember a few character designs in the Dangaio books that didn't make it to the anime. I think there were a few mangas in those books too. But I couldn't read or understand any Japanese back then. I'm going to look at that stuff one day. I remember seeing Dangaio originally on some bootleg VHS. To say it was grainy is putting it lightly. It was probably with DYRL, Saint Seiya, and something else. I might even have those bootlegs somewhere...By the way, Saint Seiya still has an awesome OP.

It was a really well animated anime. I need a good cel from it but haven't found one to my liking yet.

JJ - I have this cel from the opening, after Dangaioh hacks the planetoid in half. PM me if you're interested.

post-8486-0-05024700-1374756226_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-80559700-1374756253_thumb.jpg

DUKE T - You're correct - it was cancelled for good reason. It utter shallowness and soulessness ( poor story line and script ) could not save it -- even with the awesome animation, music and creative designs.

Anytime rewatching it, I switch often between huge smiles and severe cringes...

JJ - I have this cel from the opening, after Dangaioh hacks the planetoid in half. PM me if you're interested.

attachicon.gifSplitRock_Background.jpg

attachicon.gifSplitRock_ScrenCap.jpg

I'll pass on that. Trying to stick to the character cels. Or a really good Dangaio attack cel with a character. I need to watch the OVA again to see what scenes.

The SHE ended at only 141,000 yen - ! I couldn't hang with the 'crazy rich people' I guess ---

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-e137359300

By contrast - here is the Revy Dangaioh you can get for $50 bucks...

attachicon.gifRevy_Gangaioh_1.jpg

attachicon.gifRevy_Gangaioh_2.jpg

attachicon.gifRevy_Gangaioh_3.jpg

attachicon.gifRevy_Gangaioh_4.jpg

Ouch. That Dangaio model goes for that much. Wasn't it easy to get originally? I think both are too small anyway. The Yamato valkyries are huge compared to both I believe.

Maybe if some company would start with Mia's ship they could see how many are interested.

Here is a pick with a Frontier Valk --- Agreed, its too small for that massive price.

And the SHE robot mode does not look that great, and the colors aren't that cool etc. It is a marvel of engineering, and a awesome piece I would get for around $450.

Bandai needs to do a SOUL Spec type quality version - at about a 9 inch height.

JJ - I will PM you about 2 Dangaioh character cels I have for CHEAP...

post-8486-0-87319800-1375111872_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the ova ended badly, but at least that is what Great Dangaioh was for.

I just watched the opening and trailer for Great Dangaio. The look isn't anywhere near as good as the original. I just read the wiki and now I'm trying to find an image of Mia in Great Dangaio. I know I'll be disappointed.

It's sad that we don't have a complete version of Dangaio on DVD or Blu-ray. Maybe there is a Japanese version. I'm searching for Dangaio stuff now. I found a discussion on the AnimeNation forums about it. I just remembered that I need to watch Iczer-1 too. I have a Iczer-1 book of some kind around here. It's completely in Japanese and I don't know why I got it back in the 90s. They are talking about Zeorymer too so I guess I'll add that to my list.

I just watched the opening and trailer for Great Dangaio. The look isn't anywhere near as good as the original. I just read the wiki and now I'm trying to find an image of Mia in Great Dangaio. I know I'll be disappointed.

It's sad that we don't have a complete version of Dangaio on DVD or Blu-ray. Maybe there is a Japanese version. I'm searching for Dangaio stuff now. I found a discussion on the AnimeNation forums about it. I just remembered that I need to watch Iczer-1 too. I have a Iczer-1 book of some kind around here. It's completely in Japanese and I don't know why I got it back in the 90s. They are talking about Zeorymer too so I guess I'll add that to my list.

( I just picked up the iczer dvd to give it a re-watch, never bothered with great dangaioh )

Nice! P S Y C H I C WAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE ----------

DANGAIOH_zps71d597e7.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Brand new Iczer DVD - Free Shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fight-Iczer-One-Complete-OVA-Series-Brand-New-Anime-DVD-/151069016191?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item232c6a407f

I have 3 Dangaioh cels, was thinking of getting them framed like this in 1 frame. Mocked it up in Photoshop.

post-8486-0-28863600-1375818396_thumb.jpg

It is Dangaioh getting socked in the face by Gil Berg, - but I don't have anything of him being victorious...

Dude. SIDE KICK WAVE.

I actually have this release! The very first time that I watched that initial US Renditions tape and saw that subtitle, I screamed at my TV, "It's psychic wave!! How the hell could you get that wrong?!". I may be nowhere near fluent in Japanese, but I could definitely tell the difference between psychic and side kick.

I had that tape when it first came out. I was just came into Anime through macross, starblazers and harlock. I remember seeing side-kick and thinking it was odd. But i quickly dismissed it as a a weird Japanese engrish thing, like they were trying to be clever. A found out a little later it was actually a translation error. On another note i'm completely blown away the BGM from this scene was taken from Shaider of all things. It's one of my favorite BGMs at the time. Use to rewind (yes VHS) that scene and re-watch it lots just to listen to that track.

I had that tape when it first came out. I was just came into Anime through macross, starblazers and harlock. I remember seeing side-kick and thinking it was odd. But i quickly dismissed it as a a weird Japanese engrish thing, like they were trying to be clever. A found out a little later it was actually a translation error. On another note i'm completely blown away the BGM from this scene was taken from Shaider of all things. It's one of my favorite BGMs at the time. Use to rewind (yes VHS) that scene and re-watch it lots just to listen to that track.

Michiaki Watanabe has a tendency to recycle his old soundtracks into other anime and tokusatsu titles. As a matter of fact, some of Dangaio's BGM was recycled into Shinkon Gattai Godannar!!'s soundtrack.

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw what SHE did with Dangaioh I really wanted it. Then I got perfect transformation Getter 2 and yeah no thanks. Never She Again. What a nightmare. Resin should never be used on transforming toys. I paid 300 for it off HLJ. I cant even get rid of it for 150. Their prices are ridiculous. I do like their bike bots tho. But again its resin so um no thanks

mblade_xsp06.jpg

Now that SOC has Danguard ace out of the way maybe we will get Dangaioh!