MSiA FA-93 Nu Gundam HWS

Vostok 7

I saw a pre-order listing for two high mobility Zaku II's in FIX form, so I guess they're branching out the line for Zeon mechs already. Forget where I saw that.

Although, actually, that could have been a mistake on that website, cause there's supposed to be some Ver2 MSIAs of those same mechs coming out soon.

About the Nu, The Fix version is much better. I think that's always the case. But, while the Nu is a great design, I think the HWS armor is overdone and overrated. Just ruins the pleasant simplicity of the Nu design.

Edit: Here's hoping for a PG Nu Gundam sometime in the next ten years. :p

Edited by Californium

That's why my HWS Nu is running as a Kai right now :lol: I think ALL my MSiAs get "kai-ed" at some point in their life.

It's using just the chest armor and leg armor and the huge ass gun. And the fin funnels and bazooka too of course. Looks great.

And yeah, there are some FIX Zaku IIs being released soon.

Vostok 7

Hey Apollo, how'd you get it to hold everything up? The arms on mine are all floppy.

And yeah, I gotta say it looks 100x more complete with the fin funnels and bazooka.

Vostok 7

Wedging the gun up against the shoulder and or the chest helps. :)

I saw a pre-order listing for two high mobility Zaku II's in FIX form, so I guess they're branching out the line for Zeon mechs already. Forget where I saw that.

Although, actually, that could have been a mistake on that website, cause there's supposed to be some Ver2 MSIAs of those same mechs coming out soon.

About the Nu, The Fix version is much better. I think that's always the case. But, while the Nu is a great design, I think the HWS armor is overdone and overrated. Just ruins the pleasant simplicity of the Nu design.

Edit: Here's hoping for a PG Nu Gundam sometime in the next ten years. :p

The Zakus are part of a new Fix spin-off line called Zeonography, which will be a series of those bitchin' Katoki MS designs that aren't Gundams. Here's hoping for a Dom Funf!

Hey Apollo, how'd you get it to hold everything up?  The arms on mine are all floppy.

And yeah, I gotta say it looks 100x more complete with the fin funnels and bazooka.

Vostok 7

Wedging the gun up against the shoulder and or the chest helps. :)

Yeah, that's about what I did. Strangely, I also find that the BFG is easier to hold without the armor on. It gives the MS more arm mobility, to support the gun. So I have my HWS using the normal rifle and funnels, and my old Nu (who, thanks to a parrot-related incident, is missing his V-fin) is using the BFG in sniping pose.

One complaint I have about the HWS, BTW, is the big shield. It's so heavy that the part that holds it on the arm can't stay up, and the shield sags.

Edited by Commander McBride

Feh, you only told me to ask Motsters first. :lol:

Doesn't count.

:p

Vostok 7

you so should have asked me, i would have warned you about the lack of beam sabers and funnels. i'd have told you to get the GFF instead. but its not like you're missing out as it is. the regular nu that did come with funnels and lit beam sabers wasn't much better than the one you got. the US version came with five funnels molded together and a sixth that you could pop on or off, and the blade for the main beam saber was nicely huge, but only had about as much rigidity as aldente spagetti.

i'm hurt. you haven't called me in ages. :p

I bought this hunk of junk too ... we better get some Zeta MSiAs soon, or people might get hurt  :ph34r:

i recomend a pass on these as well, the 2.0 that just came out is a piece, floppy as all hell, and the articulation actually is worse thanks to the "transformation", which is really just pulling off the arms and legs and reattaching them and the binders to a filler block. the old figure had better articulation than quite a few others (with the exception of the shoulders), even if the shoulder binders were a bit loose.

i recomend a pass on these as well, the 2.0 that just came out is a piece, floppy as all hell, and the articulation actually is worse thanks to the "transformation", which is really just pulling off the arms and legs and reattaching them and the binders to a filler block. the old figure had better articulation than quite a few others (with the exception of the shoulders), even if the shoulder binders were a bit loose.

Woah, you're the first I've heard anything like this from. Every single review I've read said it was totally solid and improved on the old one in every way.